I would like to create a competitive archetype with My Melody

i already created 9 cards of the archetype "My Melody" but of course i want to ask anyone if they are usable competitively, the first one is the boss monster and the second one is the respective equip card, this archetype tends to use a lot of equipment cards which I believe are very underrated and diminished in the current format and competitive area.

the cards are in italian, so i translated only the first two only for demonstration, if you find them interesting, i will translate them all.

Kuromi-MyMelody.thumb.jpeg.fed591608caa94ca13a716618793f7a1.jpeg

Kuromi - My melody

Effect Monster

level 12, Dark, Demon

ATK 0, DEF 0

Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) only if at least one "My Melody" card has activated its effect during this duel. If Summoned this way, destroy all "My Melody" cards on the field except "Kuromi - My Melody", and for each card destroyed, this card gains 1,000 ATK until the end of the next turn. If this card was equipped with "My Melody Key" then it gains the following effects:
• This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects;
• Once per turn, when your opponent would Special Summon a monster(s) (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 "My Melody" monster from your graveyard; negate the Special Summon, and if you do, destroy those monsters.

MyMelodyKey.thumb.jpeg.b0f8dab5317898805b04b605b0c0e993.jpeg

My Melody Key

Equip Spell

Equip only to a "My Melody" monster. Once per turn the monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn this card equipped to "Kuromi - My Melody" is not destroyed or sent to the Graveyard or banished. If a monster equipped with this card attacks and destroys an opponent's monster, Special Summon 1 "Black Note Token" (Demon/Dark/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. Cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon.

Note: the black note token would be destroyed by another My Melody card to target Kuromy - My Melody in the battle phase and give she other powerful battle effects.

what do you think about those?

Edited by SerFioSSR
  • Like 1

I think they would be a lot of fun to use, though it's hard to know their ceiling without knowing the other cards. If the other cards are at similar power level, it would probably be strong enough to have a good showing in the modern format. Probably wouldn't top.

Please don't take that as criticism, though. It is much more interesting to design cards that are "usable but not game-breaking" in a world where everyone wants to push the envelope even further. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jordan Ashwood said:

Please don't take that as criticism, though. It is much more interesting to design cards that are "usable but not game-breaking" in a world where everyone wants to push the envelope even further. 

i literally want this, it isn't a real problem for me, i will try to make those card a bit weaker and difficult to achieve! i really want this archetype to be interesting, not only game-breaking

• Like 1

I understand this archetype idea. This Level 12 monster requires a many of "My Melody" card sacrifices to get a lot of ATK. I think a lot of cards are needed in the form of equip or continuous Spell/Trap, which have an effect when destroyed, for this "My Melody" archetype. Or you can also add support monsters that are easy to summon, but with a negation for Special Summon except for "My Melody" monsters. Of course, you need a monster card similar to "Kuromi" as your main attacking monster. Because if i look at "Kuromi", the ATK only lasts until the end of next turn. 

• Thanks 1