Randi, Seducer of Darkness

RandiSeducerofDarkness.thumb.jpeg.57f88fbcf1ebbeab15138fa9ad1b1466.jpeg

Randi, Seducer of Darkness [DARK]

LV 3/Warrior/Tuner/Effect

ATK/1400  DEF/200

If this card Normal Summoned: You can send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to the GY; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower non-Tuner DARK monster from your hand, and if you do, you cannot Special Summon a monsters for the rest of this turn, except Synchro monsters. You can only activate this effect of "Randi, Seducer of Darkness" once per turn.

• Like 1

You really have a knack for making "very strong cards with very strong restrictions" and this is no exception! I love cards like this. To most players who can't see more than 3-4 steps ahead (like me...) it would be hard to use at full power. But a truly excellent duelist could probably turn this into a dangerous weapon. Still, its restriction would stop it from becoming a meta-killer. Great job!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jordan Ashwood said:

You really have a knack for making "very strong cards with very strong restrictions" and this is no exception! I love cards like this. To most players who can't see more than 3-4 steps ahead (like me...) it would be hard to use at full power. But a truly excellent duelist could probably turn this into a dangerous weapon. Still, its restriction would stop it from becoming a meta-killer. Great job!

I actually disagree about the restriction being strong. It doesn't lock you out of Extra Deck monsters until the effect is activated. Since it is a DARK warrior it is super searchable, and alot of DARK decks can save their Normal Summon until later. Due to it being a level 3 tuner that sends a card to GY for cost which is already crazy, and also gets you out an 8 synchro which is insane, alot of good 8 star synchros, makes this card very broken. If the restriction was You cannot Special Summon the turn you use this effect, except for Synchro Monsters, its restriction would be good, but since you can set up before, it makes it alot more broken. Also since the cost of it happens, if you were able to negate your own effect, you wouldn't lock yourself, meaning sending any Dark monster which Im looking specifically at tearlament could plus you alot.

I agree that it would be meta killer. I don't think konami would ever print a card like this however, due to the name, the art, and the effect is too insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 3 Tuners like Ash Blossom or Fire Ant Ascator are always also targets for Dark Bug, a lesser known card which can help to get Level 4 Synchro monsters like Cupid Pitch (a Level 1 or 7 Tuner which can search monsters with 600 DEF like Hop-Ear Squadron or Caligo Claw Crow) or Armory Arm out. Keep that in mind. (Motivating Captain is usually better than Dark Bug, but you may have both in your deck.)

Edited by spixi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1