Digital Bug MoSQLito [Written]

spixi

Digital Bug MoSQLito - Level 3 - LIGHT

[Insect/Effect]

Cannot be used as Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except the Xyz Summon of an Insect monster. Once per turn, when this face-up card is changed from Attack Position to Defense Position: You can target a card in your opponent's Spell & Trap Zone; return it to the hand. An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card on the field as material gains this effect.
● When this card destroys a monster by battle, attach it to this card as material.

ATK / 2000   DEF / 0

Edited by spixi

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 11:04 PM, Jordan Ashwood said:

This seems like an extremely fair card. I'll be honest, I had to look up the other digital bugs, but this one seems to fit right in. Nice job ^^

Thank you. I thought the archetype needs more non-destructive removal and because Registrider can skip Scaradiator and Scaradiator is only once-per turn, this is an interesting way to play against decks with effects which are triggered when monsters are sent to the GY or banished, especially in combination with the influence effect of Centibit, which allows you to attack multiple times. I also gave it 2000 ATK, to be usable for a beatdown strategy (which is fair, because it has no Special Summon itself/another card effect), while keeping the ATK+DEF sum of 2000 and both being divisible by 500. The downside is, that MoSQLito cannot be used as a starter and may reduce the consistency of the deck a little. Note, that we got Ninjitsu Art of Mosquito Marching in BLC: Crystal Revenge, which is an excellent support card to Special Summon two Digital Bugs / Bachibachibachi from your hand without giving up your Normal Summon.

P. S.: Who uses Scaradiator anyways, when Number 3: Cicada King is usually better (and clearly designed to work with Digital Bug) and even good ol' Number 20: Giga-Brilliant sometimes sees play?

Edited by spixi