A custom archetype I've been working on

Yggdrax

"How far can one push the power of individual cards on a deck that forces you to entirely abandon the Extra Deck?"
(Without actually breaking the whole game).

That was pretty much the concept behind this archetype, and although I tried to make them somewhat balanced, considering that the archetype deals with Extra Deck locks, I feel like this should be here in the casual section.

I've actually made several cards for this archetype, but I'll only upload a few ones for now.

Slayer Doll Melissa
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪
Fiend / Effect | 1500 / 1000

Cannot be used as Material. You can Special Summon "Slayer Doll Melissa" (from your hand) if you have no cards in your Extra Deck, but only once per turn. Once per turn, if this card Summoned by its own effect battles an opponent's monster, negate that monster's effects during this Battle Phase only (even on the GY), and if you do, destroy that monster after Damage Calculation.

01.thumb.jpeg.2e8a55c3f5844bbd07641945f81b4a2c.jpeg

Slayer Doll Silvy
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪
Fiend / Effect | 1650 / 1000

Cannot be used as Material. You can Special Summon "Slayer Doll Silvy" (from your hand) if you have no cards in your Extra Deck, but only once per turn. During your Main Phase, while you control this card Summoned by its own effect, you can send 1 "Slayer Doll" card from your Deck to the GY (Quick Effect): Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Silvy" once per turn.

02.thumb.jpeg.bebef9ab93db2ee41678d5bafde20b08.jpeg

Slayer Doll Bianca
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪
Fiend / Effect | 1730 / 1000

Cannot be used as Material. When your opponent declares an attack while you have no cards in your Extra Deck: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand); negate the attack. Your opponent cannot declare attacks for the rest of the turn after you activate this effect. While you control this card Summoned by its own effect (Quick Effect): You can Set 1 "Slayer Doll" Ritual Spell from your Deck or GY, but banish it after it leaves the field. You can only use each effect of "Slayer Doll Bianca" once per turn.

03.thumb.jpeg.1e760337a8d6d6c74ae55a81fe9c3d7e.jpeg

Slayer Doll Designer
DARK | ✪✪✪✪
Spellcaster / Effect | 450 / 1000
Original artwork by YOHAKU

Cannot be Summoned while you have cards in your Extra Deck. Cannot be destroyed by battle or be targeted by your opponent's card effects. During your turn, while you only control "Slayer Doll" monsters and this Normal Summoned card in Attack Position: Negate the effects of monsters that were Summoned from the Extra Deck. You can Tribute this card, then add 1 "Slayer Doll" Ritual Monster or Ritual Spell from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Designer" once per turn.

04.thumb.jpeg.629ebe9ac1566a86368e3e2a112b7eb8.jpeg

Slayer Doll ♠Alice
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪
Fiend / Ritual / Effect | 0 / 1000

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Slayer Doll" card. Cannot be used as Material. At the start of the Damage Step, if this Ritual Summoned monster battles an opponent's monster: Change the ATK of that opponent's monster to 0 until the end of the Damage Step, and if you do, increase this card ATK by half the original ATK of that monster. You take no battle damage from battles involving this card. If this card would be destroyed; You can change its ATK to 0 instead. This card's effects cannot be negated.

05.thumb.jpeg.7595e48b89c5e07fe3d0d2350ded71c3.jpeg

Edited by Yggdrax
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LazerSwordKirbo said:

Neat idea, but silvy can't be used to ritual summon ace alice

I haven't gotten around to posting the Ritual Spells yet, but they are able of ritual summoning monsters that are in the GY (similarly to Super Soldier Synthesis). And as far as I understand the rulings, you are able of ritual summoning monsters from the GY that were sent there directly and not properly summoned beforehand.

13 hours ago, Yggdrax said:

I haven't gotten around to posting the Ritual Spells yet, but they are able of ritual summoning monsters that are in the GY (similarly to Super Soldier Synthesis). And as far as I understand the rulings, you are able of ritual summoning monsters from the GY that were sent there directly and not properly summoned beforehand.

The problem is that is says it can’t be used as material. Ritual summoning treats tributes as materials.

14 hours ago, Yggdrax said:

Your work is amazing

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2024 at 9:07 AM, LazerSwordKirbo said:

The problem is that is says it can’t be used as material. Ritual summoning treats tributes as materials.

Pretty sure that rituals tributes are just that, tributes, and not actual materials. I believe it's one of those things in this game that in practice is pretty much the same (like destroying and sending to the GY) but the semantics are different, so they are treated as being different things...

That's probably why cards like Warning Point (which prevents you from using cards as materials), don't stop you from ritual summoning, and if they do, it's because said cards specifically state that stuff cannot be tributed.

Regardless... here are a few extra cards.

Slayer Doll Cecily
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪
Fiend / Effect | 1400 / 1000

Cannot be used as Material. You can Special Summon "Slayer Doll Cecily" (from your hand) if you have no cards in your Extra Deck, but only once per turn. Immediately after Damage Calculation, If this card Summoned by its own effect battled: Ritual Summon any Ritual Monster from your hand or GY, by Tributing this card and other monsters (if needed) from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of that Ritual Monster. You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Cecily" once per turn.

08.thumb.jpeg.1dec9717c252524aadc1425ff57850a7.jpeg

Slayer Doll Craftsman
DARK | ✪✪✪✪
Spellcaster / Effect | 900 / 1000
Original artwork by WANKE

Cannot be Summoned while you have cards in your Extra Deck. Cannot be destroyed by battle or be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, while this Normal Summoned card is in Attack Position: other Level 5 or higher "Slayer Doll" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects. You can Tribute this card, then add 1 "Slayer Doll" monster or Spell from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Craftsman" once per turn.

07.thumb.jpeg.04ee0a259c3f7625c7ae3e39605dab6a.jpeg

Slayer Doll Fallen Anna
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪
Fiend / Ritual / Effect | 2150 / 1000

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Slayer Doll" card. Cannot be used as Material. During your Main Phase, while you have no cards in your Extra Deck (Quick Effect): You can discard this card and target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy it. If an opponent's Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, face-up Pendulum (Summoned from the Extra Deck), or Link monster activates its effect: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; this turn negate its effects (even on the GY). You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Fallen Anna" once per chain.

06.thumb.jpeg.45cbc20c3b5ef93c75fea21b1e32a054.jpeg

Edited by Yggdrax
Artist credited

4 minutes ago, Yggdrax said:

Pretty sure that rituals tributes are just that, tributes, and not actual materials. I believe it's one of those things in this game that in practice is pretty much the same (like destroying and sending to the GY) but the semantics are different, so they are treated as being different things...

That's probably why cards like Warning Point (which prevents you from using cards as materials), don't stop you from ritual summoning, and if they do, it's because said cards specifically state that stuff cannot be tributed.

Regardless... here are a few extra cards.

08.thumb.jpeg.1dec9717c252524aadc1425ff57850a7.jpeg

Slayer Doll Cecily
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪
Fiend / Effect | 1400 / 1000

Cannot be used as Material. You can Special Summon "Slayer Doll Cecily" (from your hand) if you have no cards in your Extra Deck, but only once per turn. Immediately after Damage Calculation, If this card Summoned by its own effect battled: Ritual Summon any Ritual Monster from your hand or GY, by Tributing this card and other monsters (if needed) from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of that Ritual Monster. You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Cecily" once per turn.

07.thumb.jpeg.04ee0a259c3f7625c7ae3e39605dab6a.jpeg

Slayer Doll Craftsman
DARK | ✪✪✪✪
Spellcaster / Effect | 900 / 1000

Cannot be Summoned while you have cards in your Extra Deck. Cannot be destroyed by battle or be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, while this Normal Summoned card is in Attack Position: other Level 5 or higher "Slayer Doll" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects. You can Tribute this card, then add 1 "Slayer Doll" monster or Spell from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Craftsman" once per turn.

06.thumb.jpeg.45cbc20c3b5ef93c75fea21b1e32a054.jpeg

Slayer Doll Fallen Anna
DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪
Fiend / Ritual / Effect | 2150 / 1000

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Slayer Doll" card. Cannot be used as Material. During your Main Phase, while you have no cards in your Extra Deck (Quick Effect): You can discard this card and target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy it. If an opponent's Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, face-up Pendulum (Summoned from the Extra Deck), or Link monster activates its effect: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; this turn negate its effects (even on the GY). You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Fallen Anna" once per chain.

Hey quick question. how did you get the art?

38 minutes ago, ObexKing said:

Hey quick question. how did you get the art?

It depends, in some cases they are edits of actual artwork (like with designer and craftman), while in others is AI generated, and I just edit them in order to fix a few things or add elements/effects. I rarely simply grab some art and slap it into a card. I haven't been at home lately so I don't have my main computer to show you a comparison of the base and finalized artwork for the cards (which is also why I'm not currently putting the credits for the original artists).

10 minutes ago, LazerSwordKirbo said:

Is Fallen Anna's negate supposed to happen in the same chain as the opponent's card activation or start a new one after it resolves?

Cool cards either way.

It's an effect that activates in response to another activation, so it's in the same chain, you just can't activate the effect multiple times in the same chain. Also, thanks.

1 minute ago, Yggdrax said:

It depends, in some cases they are edits of actual artwork (like with designer and craftman), while in others is AI generated, and I just edit them in order to fix a few things or add elements/effects. I rarely simply grab some art and slap it into a card. I haven't been at home lately so I don't have my main computer to show you a comparison of the base and finalized artwork for the cards (which is also why I'm not currently putting the credits for the original artists).

It's an effect that activates in response to another activation, so it's in the same chain, you just can't activate the effect multiple times in the same chain. Also, thanks.

You're lucky you know how to edit it the way you want to

Posted (edited)

Here are some of the backrow cards.

Spare Slayer Doll
SPELL | [ Continuous ]
Original artwork by MyungYi

You can only activate this card and resolve its effects while you have no cards in your Extra Deck. If a "Slayer Doll" monster you control is sent from the field to the GY, You can add 1 Level 5 or higher "Slayer Doll" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Spare Slayer Doll" once per turn. During the Battle Phase, while the only face-up monsters you control are "Slayer Doll" monsters, negate all of your opponent's Spell/Trap cards and their effects during the Battle Phase only.

09.thumb.jpeg.3182fe844cde5331222494649deb226a.jpeg

Slayer Doll Rising
SPELL | [ Ritual ]
Original artwork by キュンLab

You cannot activate this card while you have cards in your Extra Deck. This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Slayer Doll" Ritual Monster from your hand or GY. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or your side of the field whose total Levels are equal or greater than the Level of that Ritual Monster. While this card is in your hand or banished: You can place it into the bottom of the Deck; Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Rising" once per turn.

10.thumb.jpeg.56816b628ae76c1594a9d38d347a44ce.jpeg

Slayer Doll Awakening
SPELL | [ Ritual ]
Artist missing (Pixiv page not found).

You cannot activate this card while you have cards in your Extra Deck. This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Slayer Doll" Ritual Monster from your hand or GY. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or your side of the field whose total Levels are equal or greater than the Level of that Ritual Monster. During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, add 1 "Slayer Doll" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Slayer Doll Awakening" once per Duel.

11.thumb.jpeg.8823cb78bf662956edaf0495567c66ee.jpeg

Last Annihilation
TRAP | [ Counter ]

(This card is always treated as an "Slayer Doll" card.)
If an opponent's Special Summoned monster activates its effects while you have no cards in your Extra Deck; negate that activation, and if you do, neither player can use monsters as Materials for the rest of this turn. If the only monsters you control are "Slayer Doll" monsters, you can activate this card from your hand. You can only activate 1 "Last Annihilation" per turn.

12.thumb.jpeg.488514e5fa059535ecfa58bb508a48ba.jpeg

Edited by Yggdrax
Artist credited
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Very cool support make them extra Anti-ED so they heavily punish and screw over the opponent will you make an OS-Tan Archetype one day?

Wait till you see the boss monster xd

In regards to making an OS-tan based archetype, I don't think I will, mostly because I don't usually like to make cards and archetypes directly based on other media... although, something inspired by it could be a possibility.

• Like 1