"Bright Star" Archetype

I want to try making a new card series. The card's effects aren't too powerful compared to the Magic World series I've worked on. I'd like to start with the ace card of the series.

-----------------------------------------------------------

GlistenBrightStarDragon.thumb.png.afa434b8c6fa8f9c83efbac6aff2b7b8.png

Glisten, Bright Star Dragon

LIGHT

2 Level 4 Dragon-Type monsters with different names, except Tokens 
This card can attack your opponent directly, also this card can attack two times during each Battle Phase this turn while it has Xyz Material. Once per turn, if a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card.

ATK/2500 DEF/2500

What are your thoughts on this card?

anyways i hope you like and enjoy. Thank you :)

Edited by Jakkapat

1 hour ago, LazerSwordKirbo said:

5000 damage for 2 generic materials is way too much power. Also, the negate is a little too strong, I would make it detach 2 Materials for it.

Okay, now remove the attack twice. along with adjusting the effects Does it seem less powerful?

8 hours ago, LazerSwordKirbo said:

I would make it so that it can attack twice while it has material and just cut the attacking directly bit unless you are trying to make attacking your opponent directly a significant part of the archetype.

That's right, I made direct attacks a significant part of the archetype. I think I'm going to bring back attacks twice. But for the sake of summoning conditions a bit and keeping the detach 2 Materials the same.

On 5/16/2024 at 5:29 AM, Jakkapat said:

I want to try making a new card series. The card's effects aren't too powerful compared to the Magic World series I've worked on. I'd like to start with the ace card of the series.

GlistenBrightStarDragon.thumb.png.9af7796431a53dc06f763b962601d18d.png

Glisten, Bright Star Dragon

LIGHT

2+ Level 4 Dragon-Type monsters with different names, except Tokens 
This card can attack your opponent directly while it has Xyz Material. This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase this turn. Once per turn, if a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can detach 2 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card, then this card attack cannot be negated.

What are your thoughts on this card?

anyways i hope you like and enjoy. Thank you :)

For a generic level 4 dragon “XYZ” monster, its effects are somewhat of an overkill. I don’t have a problem with the 👉🏾”detached 2 material to negate an effect & then banish it.” The problem lies here 👉🏾”this card attack cannot be negated” NOTE: This card can attack (2) times per battle phase.

In other words, if you are playing against this card, what do you do to get it off the field?

Don't let the pressure of writing an SoP weigh you down. Our professional sop writers are here to provide the expertise you need. With their help, you can create a unique and captivating statement that reflects your true potential. Our writers focus on clarity, coherence, and originality, ensuring your SoP makes a lasting impression on admissions committees. Reach out today and let us enhance your application.