Image Recolor Tutorial (like outfits) for Photoshop newbies

Is there another tutorial for this?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is there another tutorial for this?

• Yes, it is better
    • No, this is the only one
    • Yes, but this is better

.:: Image Recolor Tutorial ::.

.:: Image Recolor Tutorial ::.

This was actually made for lalolalo, but I decided to post it here in case others could get some help from it.

This is a very easy way to change the colors of an object in an image. For the tutorial, I'm using the 3rd OCG version of Dark Magician Girl. This will work very well if the colors in the image are not too similar.

Tutorial Image:

DarkMagicianGirlLE5-JP-UR.jpg

How to do it:

1. Load your image Duh.
  2. Go to Image |- Adjustments |- Replace Color...
  3. Click on the part of the image whose color you want to change (in this case, I want to change the color of her dress, so I'll click on any part of her clothes).
    5m0585.png
  4. Drag the Hue, Saturation and Brightness sliders in order to change colors. In this case, I wanted the color black, so I took the Saturation and Brightness sliders to the extreme left. Dragging the Fuzziness slider will determine the color range (if you want more than just that color to change). Here I wanted all blue to become black, so I took the slider to the extreme right. The preview will appear in the image window.
  5. Press OK. This is my end result (after cropping):
    2dklk60.png

Hope you like my tutorial. Comments will be appreciated. Ask me if you have any doubts :D

Yup, it does, but it's likely that someone's image can have the card color in it, so I didn't say that. And yes, I knew many experienced Photoshop users will know this so I added "for newbies" on the title.

Thanks for the comment, anyway :D

on my photoshop its call something else (Hue/Saturation) but i use color balance or a hue brush insted

also in your tut u put "Drag the Hue, Saturation and Brightness" Should be "Drag the Hue, Saturation and Lightness". idk if its just mine but lightness and brightness are 2 different things lol

all and all a good starter tut

• 3 weeks later...

Archived