WHAT IN THE HE** ARE THEY DOING?

I can't understand why people can't admit that they all have strong points. I like all 3 so far' date=' honestly.

My favorite part of the first season was the Battle City~Duel Tower arc. It had plenty of nice duels, and played according to the rules....usually. -_- 4000 LP though, and some altered card effects and rulings.

GX was cool because it had some interesting plot points, nice character designs, and played almost perfectly according to the rules. 4000 LP was still there and a few cards were changed, but overall it was legit - they even mentioned turn phases specifically, which almost never happened in the original. And....I'll admit, the idea of getting to go to school where all you ever really have to do is duel is kinda cool...

5D is just....weird, but in a good way. I kinda like it. Not too much to say about it thanks to the few episodes I've seen, but it's pretty good.

[/quote']

He's right!I also believe that we should give 5d's a chance.It's just the first few episodes,so nothing much would be expected.But the plot is kinda good.Maybe later in the series will it be very good.

To White Rose:This is anime,where everything is exaggerated a lot.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand why people can't admit that they all have strong points. I like all 3 so far' date=' honestly.

My favorite part of the first season was the Battle City~Duel Tower arc. It had plenty of nice duels, and played according to the rules....usually. -_- 4000 LP though, and some altered card effects and rulings.

GX was cool because it had some interesting plot points, nice character designs, and played almost perfectly according to the rules. 4000 LP was still there and a few cards were changed, but overall it was legit - they even mentioned turn phases specifically, which almost never happened in the original. And....I'll admit, the idea of getting to go to school where all you ever really have to do is duel is kinda cool...

5D is just....weird, but in a good way. I kinda like it. Not too much to say about it thanks to the few episodes I've seen, but it's pretty good.

[/quote']

He's right!I also believe that we should give 5d's a chance.It's just the first few episodes,so nothing much would be expected.But the plot is kinda good.Maybe later in the series will it be very good.

To White Rose:This is anime,where everything is exaggerated a lot.

@ Lord Whye:

America: Invisible Guns, Edited Out Logos, Very SUPER Mild Back Stories (or none at all), To Much Added Clothing, Edited Out Holy Symbols

Japan: Visible Guns, Logos, Dark Back Stories, Not As Much Clothing, Holy Symbols

An example of what I mean:

Pegasus1-1.jpgPegasus1.jpg

Pegaus2.jpgPegasus2.jpg

Pegasus3-1.jpgPegasus3.jpg

When I was 12 years old and first saw the American version I pondered very much:

"What can be Keith doing that even makes him a threat, their just doesn't seem to be something right with this.."

@ Lord Whye:

America: Invisible Guns, Edited Out Logos, Very SUPER Mild Back Stories (or none at all), To Much Added Clothing, Edited Out Holy Symbols

Japan: Visible Guns, Logos, Dark Back Stories, Not As Much Clothing, Holy Symbols

An example of what I mean:

Pegasus1-1.jpgPegasus1.jpg

Pegaus2.jpgPegasus2.jpg

Pegasus3-1.jpgPegasus3.jpg

When I was 12 years old and first saw the American version I pondered very much:

"What can be Keith doing that even makes him a threat, their just doesn't seem to be something right with this.."

Right now for me, it's 5D's > DM > GX.

GX was lol except for the 3rd season, when it went over-lol and became epic, especially the last duel between Judai and Yubel.

DM, I didn't mind. Although reading the manga, my favourite arc was Doma (because of how epicly loltastic it was, also Armor monsters.)

As for 5D's, I'm hoping the best for it, especially since it has a proper story structure so far. Riding Duels are fun to watch, and its setting as "a popular form of entertainment" is understandable. After all, who'd want to watch regular duels in a stadium? Also has the best BGM so far, so hoping for the OST to be released soon.

Right now for me, it's 5D's > DM > GX.

GX was lol except for the 3rd season, when it went over-lol and became epic, especially the last duel between Judai and Yubel.

DM, I didn't mind. Although reading the manga, my favourite arc was Doma (because of how epicly loltastic it was, also Armor monsters.)

As for 5D's, I'm hoping the best for it, especially since it has a proper story structure so far. Riding Duels are fun to watch, and its setting as "a popular form of entertainment" is understandable. After all, who'd want to watch regular duels in a stadium? Also has the best BGM so far, so hoping for the OST to be released soon.

I have to agree with the original post. Yes, DM was a bit stupid in places, in the original and dubbed, but come on. An entire academy dedicated solely to Duel Monsters? Completely unbelievable. What are these kids going to say when they get out into the work place. Uh, yeah, I have no useful skills, like math or anything (And for those that might say that there is math in dueling, yes, but when you've got a computer doing it all for you, it doesn't count), but I had top marks in my dueling academy. -_-;;

I saw a few of the episodes, and I'll admit, if they had had a more believable plot, maybe I'd like it better, but imho the two new ones are just trying to capitalize on the popularity of the orginal. A yugioh without Yugi (and no, a 30 second cameo here and there doesn't count) just isn't right. And, admittedly, I haven't seen the ending, but I've heard that the little upstart supposedly beat Yugi, which I also find unbelievable. Admittedly, I am somewhat biased, but it seems to me (I heard the duel was supposed to have taken place at the end of battle city, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that after defeating all the other top (and cheating) duelists, that he wouldn't be beaten so easily, especially since at the time he must have had Yami with him.

And as for 5D's, what is the point of dueling on motorcycles? Aside from the fact that motorcycles are cool, (I will admit that) it's impractical and pointless. What next? Dueling on horseback? Still, it is early, as lord wyhe pointed out, so it might get better. At the moment, though, I see both of them as no more than cheap imitations to try and keep the cards selling.

Judai didn't beat Yugi. It never showed a definate outcome, as it was freeze-framed, but you tell me:

Judai (less than 2500 LP left)

Yugi (Osiris on the field with 5000 ATK)

Judai tells Neos to attack Osiris, while he has no set cards on the field, and the view it showed of his hand had no Quick-play spells. He attacked because Yugi said "Osiris is a suitable opponent for you!" So Judai cheered and attacked.

You tell me if you think he won.

Judai didn't beat Yugi. It never showed a definate outcome' date=' as it was freeze-framed, but you tell me:

Judai (less than 2500 LP left)

Yugi (Osiris on the field with 5000 ATK)

Judai tells Neos to attack Osiris, while he has no set cards on the field, and the view it showed of his hand had no Quick-play spells. He attacked because Yugi said "Osiris is a suitable opponent for you!" So Judai cheered and attacked.

You tell me if you think he won.

[/quote']

Obviously,Jaden lost.Though,he's taking it rather well.

Yugioh 5D -- motorbikes!?!? -- COME ON! Watching the first episode, I couldn't really understand a lot (and yes.. there were SUBS!).. didn't understand the Speed Counter thing either. I thought they always dueled on bikes, but.. once you get in episode 3 i think, you find out they ALSO duel with Duel Disks lol. Pretty cool monsters.. but still, I do think 5D sucked more than GX and DM.

Yugioh GX -- The beginning was great!! But then it went wibbly-wobbly with the whole flash back thing lol. I quite liked the ending where Yubel had to duel Jaden. In the last series.. well, COME ON, Jaden says something like Yugi when he says to Nightshroud (or DARKNESS in Japanese) "Think of a card in your hand.." etc.. or something along those lines. The FINAL ENDING of Yugioh GX was pretty cool.. but.. technically I had no idea who won and who lost. Beginning to think it was Jaden.

Yu-Gi-Oh! -- Original Version, quite good. Still liked GX better for some reason but oh well. Like the bit where Yami (well.. Atem) had to duel Yugi. It was Ok.. but the ending was a little WibblyWobbly..

I prefer watching Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series/Movie. Lol. Way funny about Yugioh being a childrens card game lol. [[Funniest Bit was when Kaiba's Finger got cut off]] Lol..

Anyway, to conclude your statement..

Yes! I do think Yugioh 5D sucked.. and Yugioh GX is better!

Yugioh: Nice.It's just like Pokemon- the first is the best!!The only part I don't like is that 70% of the Dm cards doesn't exist....but, well, when in the hell would exist a duel armor???(2165, here I go!!:D).And, as you see, in the start of DM, Yugioh was...evolving.Got it??You could have a deck full of BEWD, Dark Magicians , REBD and thousands of Rituals, and you would be ''tha best plyur eva!!''

Yugioh GX: WTH???A DUEL ACADEMY???WHAT KIND OF PARENTS WOULD LIKE TO PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THAT???WHAT KIND OF IDIOT WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THERE???(me,me!). Crap, I didn't like it.I just watched until the second season.After that, the only thing I've understood is:

Character 1 is possessed by Bad Spirit 1.

Character 2 comes and frees Character 1 from the Bad Spirit 1.

But then, Bad Spirit 1 possesses Character 2.And Character 1 fights with it to free Character 2.

Character 2 is free.But a new bad spirit comed and possesses Character 1 and another one possesses Character 2.

Now, it's time to Character 3 enter in action!!

And them we keep going...

Yugioh 5D's: For me not a ''WHOA!'', I hated the fact the main character is poor ( and even so has money to buy a f****** motorcycle who can drive faster than a ....forget) and the riding duels.They're confusing.

I'm just watching because of the new Syncrho monsters ( I still hate the part he says a poem to Synchro Summon)

I'm watching Yugioh 5D's, but I still want the old Yugioh to come back, except with that ( *thin voice* YUGIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gross voice* ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh!!!!.....It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!!!Well, not really, it's time t-t-t-t-to me to win!!!) stuff...¬¬

For me, is 5D=DM>>>>>>>>>GX

Wts 5D's?

You are rather outdated lad,are you.

Yugioh 5D's is a new yugioh series that is currently shown in Japan.

The series is at Neo Domino City & Satelite in the future where Domino is seperated between the higher class & the lower class.I personally recommend you to go see the show.

Archived