Ka Hunt

I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh in anyway, this fanfiction is in no way part of the official story, and never will be. The official characters used in this fanfiction belong to Kazuki Takahashi.

This story will deal with the Original Japanese version of the anime, and many things do differ from the dub. I will be using the translated card names (courtesy of www (dot) dmcomet (dot) net, so check up on there for cards that you're not sure about)

(Chapter 1: Prey and Predator)

7.46 PM. Ever since the Ceremonial Duel, Yuugi always offered to watch the shop in the evenings so his grandfather could rest. It gave him something to do, especially to keep his mind occupied. He had got over Atem moving onto the afterlife, but it was just that turn... If he had thrown it, Atem could've won and stayed with him.

Nothing had happened since then. After being in Memory World, Yuugi had learned Atem had others that cared about him, and that they were waiting for him. He and all of his friends would like to see Atem back, but they all knew it was impossible.

The door slammed open, making Yuugi look up from his deck. A girl was in the doorway. It had been raining and she was completely soaked. Her ginger hair was just under her shoulders and her bright blue eyes were looking straight at him. She was wearing dark blue jeans and a dark blue hooded jumper. She was panting heavily. "Motou.....Yuugi....?" she asked weakly. He noticed she was holding a deck of Duel Monsters cards, but her grip on them wasn't very good, her hands were trembling.

Yuugi nodded as he got up. "What brought you all the way here? We're closing soon, and it's raining out" he asked.

Before the girl could answer, she fainted and collapsed to the floor, dropping her cards.

(An hour later...)

"I'm not sure, she collapsed before she could tell me" Yuugi told Jyonouchi. Yuugi had called everyone over to try and help the girl when she woke up.

Anzu walked into the room, Yuugi noticed her. "She's up guys, but she won't talk to the rest of us. She wants to talk to you Yuugi" she explained. Yuugi looked confused.

"Wonder why?" Yuugi asked out as he got up. They walked into the next room, the girl had her arms folded over her chest and was looking off to the side, away from Honda.

"Are you feeling okay?" Yuugi asked. The girl looked at him.

"I feel better than earlier" the girl answered.

"Why were you looking for me? I don't think you'd come out in the rain like this just to duel me" Yuugi questioned.

"I could wait to duel you Yuugi, but that's not it. I need to see your friend, the Pharaoh" the girl replied.

"I'm sorry, Atem already passed on a couple of months ago" Yuugi told her.

"Why do you want him?" Jyonouchi asked.

"I take it your friends know about the items and everything" the girl asked, Yuugi nodded. The girl sighed "I was hoping he could help me" she began. "When we had those monster sightings a few months ago, something awakened inside me. It all started around that time, I got myself a new card, and things haven't been the same since. I've felt like I have a connection with the monster. Ever since, whenever I'm in trouble, this monster appears and protects me. I'm not sure what's going on" the girl explained.

"I might know what's happening. This monster, if it does what you say it does, might just be your Ka, the monster connected to your soul" Yuugi answered.

"What monster is it?" Anzu questioned.

The girl picked up her cards, which Jyonouchi had put on the table beside her, then took a look through, and quickly found the card she was looking for. She picked it out of her deck, and showed it to everyone. "This one, Phoenix God of Nephthys" the girl answered. "Is everyone meant to have a Ka?" she asked.

"As far as I know, everyone on the planet has a Ka, but they haven't been able to be summoned in 3000 years. A way to release them could've been done with the Sennen Items, but they were lost when Atem passed on" Yuugi replied.

"So why is yours acting like this all of a sudden?" Jyonouchi questioned.

"If I knew that, do you think I'd have come here, with it raining like this?" the girl snapped at him.

"You said your Ka protects you whenever you're in trouble, what kind of trouble do you get into?" Anzu asked.

"As you probably know, many people's Ka are weak monsters. Since mine is different, and the fact that I'm somehow able to summon it, this group is after me, and want to extract it" the girl replied.

"How do they plan to extract it? I thought it could only be done with the Sennen Items" Anzu wondered.

"They've never got close enough to be able to do it, so I don't know" the girl answered.

"It is possible that whoever is after her had the Sennen Items dug up. I mean, It has been two months" Yuugi suggested, regretfully, he didn't want anyone else hurt because of the items.

"Yeah, but wouldn't they be useless now that Atem and Bakura have passed on?" Honda questioned.

"No. They were able to be used long before they were sealed into the Puzzle and Ring. I'm afraid that if someone found them, they'll be able to use them if they know how to work their magic" Yuugi answered.

(Elsewhere...)

Downtown, it was late at night, and two duelists were competing in a Yami no Game.

Duelist 1's LP: 4000. Field: One Card Face Down, Dragon Majin - King Dragoon (Attack) and Black Flame Dragon of Horus LV8 (Attack)

Duelist 2's LP: 300. Field: Gearfreid The Iron Knight (defense)

The first duelist had black hair, and green eyes. He was wearing a pair of leather pants, and a red jacket. "You done?" he asked.

His opponent was panting. He had never experienced any duel like this before. "I sacrifice my Iron Knight - Gearfreed using the magic card Restraint Removal! This lets me summon my Swordmaster - Naked Gearfreed!" he called. "Attack the King Dragoon!" he ordered. The Swordmaster leapt into the air, with his sword drawn, he was about to make contact with the monster's head.

"Trap Card Open! Curse of Darkness!" the mysterious duelist called, and the Swordmaster was binded and paralyzed by many chains. "What happened?" he questioned.

"I activated my trap, Curse of Darkness. It paralyzes your monster, and cuts his attack by 700" the first duelist answered. "Like I said, you tell me when she is, I might spare you" he added.

"Never..." his opponent replied, his eyes firmly on the mysterious duelist. "Turn End" he added.

"Suit yourself. Draw!" the duelist drew his card, but he didn't need it to win the duel. "Black Flame Dragon! Attack!" he called.

The Black Flame Dragon of Horus charged up it's attack, and it tore through the Swordmaster, destroying him. The attack reached the boy, and struck him. He was killed as his life points hit zero.

"Fool. Had he told me where his friend was, he would've lived" the mysterious duelist said. The mist disappeared, and his cell phone began to ring. He picked it out of his jacket pocket, and answered. "Osaka here" he said.

'Ademu, looks like she's found Motou Yuugi. She's at his family's card shop. Should we move in and grab her?' the voice asked.

"No. I want to catch her and extract her Ka myself. Keep an eye on her and call me if she moves" Ademu answered. He then hung up.

Ademu smirked "The hunt continues, but I will catch you Saratu" he said.

(Back at the Game Shop)

"Well, thanks for your help Yuugi. I'm glad that I know a little more than I did about my Ka" the girl told Yuugi.

"No problem, I hope this information will help you. What're you going to do now?" Yuugi asked.

"I'm not sure, I've been running from these guys for some time now, and I ran away from home so they wouldn't harm my family" she answered.

"Well, I don't think Grandfather would mind you spending the night here. I'd just need to tell him about it in the morning" Yuugi offered.

"I've just met you, I couldn't..." the girl said.

"It doesn't matter. You've nowhere else to go, right?" Yuugi asked.

"You're a nice guy Yuugi. I haven't even told you my name, yet you're offering to let me stay the night?" the girl replied.

"Well, I don't want to send you back out into the rain, you'll probably catch your death out there" Yuugi told her.

The girl bowed with a smile "Thanks Yuugi. I will try to repay you for this" she answered. "Watashi wa Keshiro Saratu" she added.

"No need to thank me Saratu" Yuugi said.

"Well, now that's settled, maybe all of us should head home, it is getting late" Anzu spoke up.

"It's still pretty bad out, I'd just wait until it stops, or all of you can spend the night here" Yuugi replied.

(Later that night...)

Everyone was fast asleep. It seemed, all except for Saratu. She was staying in the guest room, along with Anzu. Jyonouchi and Honda were downstairs on the couch.

"They need to be tested, before I'll willingly let them help my Guiding Hand" Saratu said. A slight aura was glowing around her, and her eyes were red, instead of their usual blue.

"Which would be the strongest of them I wonder?" The being controlling Saratu said to herself. Grabbing Saratu's cards from the table, she then went into Saratu's backpack, pulling out a Duel Disk. She slipped out of the room after she slid the Duel Disk onto her arm, and placing Saratu's deck into it.

As she walked down the corridor, Yuugi was just emerging from the bathroom. He noticed her, with her Duel Disk on her arm. "Saratu? What're you doing up?" he asked.

"My Guiding Hand still sleeps. I'm not convinced you'll be able to help us at all" The being controlling Saratu answered.

"Guiding Hand?" Yuugi questioned, then remembered what Saratu had said earlier, and a card in the Duel Monsters game. "I see. Saratu is a mordern day Guiding Hand to you, Nephthys" Yuugi replied.

"Correct. My Guiding Hand does know of me, but doesn't know of my abilities to take over her while she sleeps. I wish to test the strongest of your little group, in a game of Duel Monsters. I want to know if you're strong enough to help us" Nephthys told him.

"What are the stakes? Will you leave if you win?" Yuugi asked.

"I leave your prize to you, I will leave if I win" Nephthys replied.

"Okay. If I win this duel, then you'll stay, and tell Saratu of these other abilities of yours" Yuugi said. Nephthys nodded. Yuugi left into his room to get dressed, get his Duel Disk, and his deck.

(End of Chapter)

Here are the cards for the people who don't know the original names.

Iron Knight - Gearfreed is Gearfried the Iron Knight

Swordmaster - Naked Gearfreed is Gearfried the Swordmaster

Curse of Darkness is Shadow Spell

Dragon Majin - King Dragoon is King Dragun

Archived