Photoshop Scratch Disks

My laptop battery is running low (0%) so I need to plug in the recharger to work on my homework. Every time I start up Photoshop CS3 it takes awhile and then it says "The scratch disks are full. Could not initialise photoshop". When I check my space it drops every time photoshop starts. And by alot to. Like 35 Mega Bytes each time. It really is getting annoying seeing as I didn't have much space to start with. Does anyone know what's going on and, better yet, how to fix it?

P.S: When I take out the recharger my computer automatically shuts down.

Hmm. If you can open preferences, you should be able to switch to a secondary scratch disk (probably under advanced options) if you have one. If not, you'll need to clear some memory.

Ps. The thing with the charger happens to me too, it's ****ing annoying. >_<

Problem fixed. I did it another way ^^. Just go to Local Disk ---> Documents and Settings ---> the photoshop users Documents ---> In the adress add \Local Settings ---> Temp.

Find the Photoshop temp documents. It's something like this: Photoshop Temp663091204

then delete it. Everytime photoshop opens it makes one of these. Deleting previous ones will give you space. Note that there will always be one left if photoshop is open. If photoshop is open you cant delete its temp. But my charger is broken. Either that or my battery v.v... Lol thanks anyways.

Guest KAJN

It's legal but I don't use this process.

I just close my laptop's screen and keep photoshop open. My photoshop is trial but it's been 3 months. Anyway Just keep photoshop open and close your screen next time.

Archived