A few thoughts, regarding chain burn decks

I will start by saying some of what I may say could be obvious or stupid to those experienced with chain burn decks.

1. Reload actually isn't abysmal here, considering its chainable and getting bad hands with chain burns are very possible.

2. Trap dustshoot. Chainable, drops one of their monsters and if used with mind crush kills two cards and is two more cards in the chain.

3. Accumulated fortune isn't bad, seeing as you can chain a accumulated fortune to an accumulated fortune(when is POG x2 ever bad?).

Discuss the decktype.

Chain Burn, or Chain at all? Reload is a good card in today's format, especially if you run Dasher and want to mix it up with him, when activating it with Reload IN THE DRAW PHASE (so the effect CAN work) allows you a range of 2-7 cards in the deck for a potential summon, which ain't half-bad.

Dustshoot I would agree wholeheartedly on.

Accumilated Fortune's nice but it is potentially a dead draw. A Chain deck in this regard should run 3 Jar of Greed and 3 Reckless Greed, but maybe only 1-2 Fortune, as unlike the Greeds its' not EXACTLY chainable (although if your opponent activates Heavy Storm and you got a decent chain deck, by the end of it all you'll have 2000 more Life Points than your opponent, and probably drawn 2-6 cards.

I've duelled a good chain deck... by the end of the chain the draw effects sound more like Uno than Yugioh. I've seen the guy draw 8 cards in a single chain, and then he activates Strike and hit me for a bunch.

As for the archetype? It can work, but it's too reliant on Quickplay Spell (of which there are very few decent ones) and Trap cards (which are sided against HEAVILY.). It can compete at low-level competition, though, and it's a really fun deck to play.

Silvers right, especially seeing as reckless is limited to 2. Accumulated fortune chained to accumulated fortune is > than reckless greed chained to reckless anyways, as you get four cards and no punishment as opposed to just getting foru cards early then being left with an empty hand later.

Archived