Ogopogo/Loch Ness Monster

RiffMaster Alex

Guest KAJN

I do believe.

There are many things in life that we don't know like UFO's, Big Foot, etc.

Well there were sightings in more than one place for the lochness monster.

Africa, Japan, Scotland etc.

Uhm. Wow. Another one of these threads.

It's pretty simple if you think about it; They couldn't exist. (However, this is my untrained opinion, so don't hold it against me ^_^.)

I'll target Nessie, since I couldn't really give for ogopogo.

First; Just to say, Why do you think sightings are made at so many numerous area's?

It's simple, A sighting of any kind back then would lead to a story being sold to the paper; or even larger, local television. In the end; saying you saw nessie provides fame, and possible income. Make sense? It's in essence being used as a scam.

Second; According to wikipedia, (Which isn't a violable source, by the way. Considering citation can be easily exploited.) The loch ness is capable of severe depths, however, can surface, something which is in theory, impossible, as all fish dwell at certain depths; according to their body-structure. (This is only apparent for sea animals that dwell at extreme depths; both shallow and deep.)

*Sigh.* I won't go on, but i hope this was sufficiant enough to shape your beliefs. =].

2sick~

Well, with what 2sick4u said, maybe they don't exist, after all lake loch ness in scotland is so deep it could hold the worlds population 4 times, which is very deep. but if it could survive at numerous depths, then maybe it could exist, but if one were living now, it would have to be a form of offspring of another one because they would've had to been living since dinosaur times (excuse my ignorance of time eras), so maybe, maybe not, I would probably need to see some form of solid evidence to truly believe.

I think it's Possible. I mean, based on everything I've read on the subject as well as the shaky evidence available, it's suggested that the Loch Ness monster could be a survived Aquatic Dinosaur.

I suppose it's possible that it could have survived, as the Elasmosaurus was capable of various depths, but at the same time, the Loch shouldn't be old enough for any of those dinosaurs to have lived in it. It's only about 10,000 years old, and was frozen over for 20,000 years prior to its creation.

Archived