Old Cards (New: Holo) TWO NEW ADDED

Titus

Well, I started playing around with Photoshop and I holo-ed some cards that I posted up already. I didn't think it'd be a problem, cuz I could still use ratings and suggestions on the effects.

Anyways, I want comments on the effects, how realistic the cards look, and on the holo itself.

BTW, I don't own the images in the cards. I got them off some thread here (in another forum) but I forgot where. :P

[spoiler=Holo Cards]GoldenPortalWarrior1.jpgTalzartheMightofDark1.jpg

TemporaryTrade-Off-1.jpgScyzetheStripedDragon-1.jpg

I just finished making Temporary Trade-Off when I realized I never updated it to secret rare. lol So it's still got the gold lettering. Please don't comment on that.

So...what do you think? Please let me know if I should make more. Thanks. ;)

Guest KAJN

The holographic effect is not that good. You must just holo the worthless parts and the shiny parts like the sun. But anyway, I'm not into small effects so you should expand the effect part in to more words and Ideas. But good.

The holographic effect is not that good. You must just holo the worthless parts and the shiny parts like the sun. But anyway' date=' I'm not into small effects so you should expand the effect part in to more words and Ideas. But good.[/quote']

Thanks for the comment, but if you read the very first part of my post, you'd see why the holo effect isn't as good as it could be. I just started to play around with Photoshop. I got it not too long ago and I just haven't had the time to learn everything about it.

You must just holo the worthless parts and the shiny parts like the sun.

O.o How are the buildings in the background not worthless on Golden Portal Warrior?

And if you have a problem with Talzar' date=' too, please let me know what you'd only holo.

I'm not into small effects so you should expand the effect part in to more words and Ideas.

Kinda contradicts your name. lol But I can't help you there. I tend to lean more towards the simpler effects. I hate when effects are so complex that http://yugioh-card.com has to write paragraphs explaining how to use a card because it couldn't all be explained on the card.

Also, I don't like straining my eyes to read a bunch of effects on cards on one thread, so I suspect there are other people like that who don't want to read long effects; especially when the cards aren't even real and everyone's going to forget about them in a few hours.

But thank you for your comments anyway. :)

Hoodat1994 and donpatch101, thank you.

Guest KAJN

OK here's an advice. Holo each block on the building but each at a turn so the black lines can appear. Lower the opacity and set it to hard light. holo the sun effect, set it to hard light but make the opacity more than the blocks so it gives a shiny effect.

OK here's an advice. Holo each block on the building but each at a turn so the black lines can appear. Lower the opacity and set it to hard light. holo the sun effect' date=' set it to hard light but make the opacity more than the blocks so it gives a shiny effect.[/quote']

O.o Ok, let me go back to a post I made before...

I started playing around with Photoshop...

lol I have no idea what any of that means. When I get better at it, I'll be making some realistic holo cards, but for now, that's the best I can do. But thank you for trying to help. +rep

I love the Holo effects! (I don't know how to holo cards myself, so it is out of my league ALREADY!). :) Cards are good, though effects are simply, but hey, some cards have simple effects which are handy, and others have these super long ones. Good cards bud, keep it up!

Archived