a few game suggestions..rules for them

i have a few suggestions for rules for the game section which seems to be flooding the forums with pointless new games so i suggest.

1. no creating a game that has been made even if you change a few rules

2.no giving reps in a game as a prize

3.no bumping a game older than a month[since last post]

4.no games can be post your own cards, post a random word, or anything like that

5. do not post random games

6.the rules for the games should be stated clearly[i would suggest a guideline for posting games like in the request section but it seems noobs have enough trouble with just one guideline.]

7.any game that is older than 2 months[since the last made post] will be locked

8.....im still thinking of more....

what do ya think? im hoping that a mod will see this and create the actual rules for the games in order to cut back on spam and pointless threads

the game section IMO is fine...games like post a lie or the ban game might have been called stupid when they first started and its obv by their appearance on virtually every yugioh forum/team that the people like them.

so i think its a bad idea to put such limits as you suggest on people ability to make up games.

i made a game called jaden vs.

where you put jaden vs anything

a tomato

god

rabies

w/e

its stupid...but its had a lot of success on other forums

you might have said nay

i have seen the following game locked on tcg

1000 page crusade

this is a game when done right is fun and cool and when done wrong is a post like this:

462592857124-974=0 ehg[ofhdlkhdsl

so im not the hugest fan of 1000 page crusade, but i wouldnt want ban game, post a lie, grant a wish, jaden vs (lol) or even the post a random word and rate it game to be "censored"

im not sure how i feel about pos rep prizes in forum games

Hotfoil, why would anybody want to play a game where there is absolutely NO interaction between players? It worked in other forums just because those people wanted to up their post counts, which can't be done here in games.

even the best games have lull periods. and the worst ones just die. if a game sucks itll just die out. IMO forum games kind of govern themselves in that way. and i never implied that they should count towards post count (nor that any game i was citing as an example did here or elsewhere).

i see where you are coming from, but in the game section its not just chaos.

its controlled chaos.

i once posted a game (by accident mind you) that was an exact replica of another game on there.

it was soon locked.

you see, its not all bad. there are mods that control the situation, but it is under control.

the game section doesnt rack up an insane amount of posts, so its not like someone can step in one day and get to a level 5 status in a few hours by playing games...

and the purpose of the forum is to play games right?

all games are meant to be fun

and most games are random, if you dont mind me saying...

and all games are invented from creativity.

so by limiting the creativity from the game forum, we would be limiting the way people can play and/or make games for the forum, and where is the fun in that?

thats just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours, but i just think you shouldnt mess with a problem that doesnt really need fixing. ^_^

Get used to the games section.

Firstly, you expect people to look through every page and see if the game has already been made?

No 1 month old game bumping? So, you can't remake the game, and you can't bump it. Game=dead.

Give Rep game? = FAIL. Also against the Rules (Rep Spamming).

The Games section should have Rules, but why make it scrict? It's supposed to be FUN.

Get used to the games section.

Firstly' date=' you expect people to look through every page and see if the game has already been made?

No 1 month old game bumping? So, you can't remake the game, and you can't bump it. Game=dead.

Give Rep game? = FAIL. Also against the Rules (Rep Spamming).

The Games section should have Rules, but why make it scrict? [b']It's supposed to be FUN.[/b]

yeah, that was my main point up above you as well. ^_^

Archived