Some new cards! Really complex!

alvarosv

Well, here are some cards which are maybe going to be a future set. It's based on destroying monsters and I even made a card to neutralize or help their effects. Depends on how you use it. Criticism is appreciated but if you say OCG errors tell me what arte those and how to fix them.

The art is from devianArt by:

RenzoG,

EvanStone, and

BrawlKoopa.

Well here are the cards (and one long effect):

GreatQuestTaker.jpg

UnluckyRoll.jpg

SpecialJobFighter.jpg

Effect/Card Lore of Special Job: Fighter:

This monster cannot be normal summoned or set. This monster may only be summoned by sacrificing the card "Great Quest Taker" on your field and another Warrior-type monster on the field. Every time this card destroys another monster on the field by result of a battle it goes up one level. This card gains 1000 attack and defense points until it reaches level 4. This monster will have the following effects in the right levels:

-Level 3: This card has 200 attack and 1100 defense. This card will be able to attack twice in a turn but the second attack has to be in the end phase.

-Level 4: This card has 900 attack and defense. You may send to the graveyard a Warrior-type monster on the field to inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent's LP.

-Level 5: This card's attack is 2000 and it's defense is 1700. You have to sacrifice a monster on the field. If you can't you have to destroy this card. Every turn, instead of drawing you may add a Warrior-type monster from your deck.

-Level 6 This card's attack is 2100 and it's defense is 2150. This card may attack your opponent's LP directly if there is a Warrior-type monster on the field.

-Level 7: This card has 2300 attack and 2400 defense. You have to sacrifice two monsters on your field. If you can't, destroy this card. This card can attack your opponent's LP directly.

-Level 8: This card's attack is 2700 and it's defense is 1300. No trap cards or magic cards can be activated as long as this card is on the field.

-Level 9: This card's attack and defense is 3000. You must also tribute three monsters on the field. If you don't, destroy this card. This card gains 500 attack points for every Warrior-type monster in your graveyard.

-Level 10: This card has 2800 attack points and 3400 defense points. This card may attack your opponent's LP directly but damage is reduced by 2700. Every time this monster deals damage to your opponent's Life Points, destroy a monster.

He he long effect.

Ok, this is going to be one long post I'm thinking...so let's get started.

1st off, the artwork. The 1st pic is kinda horrible. The 2nd one is a screenshot from Adventure Quest. The 3rd pic is nice, but could use a little work. I would strongly suggest you scrap the 1st one outright and then PM me the originals to the 2nd and 3rd. I might be able to help you(especially with the 2nd one).

Next comes the 1st 2 cards. For the 1st one, the name is really really dull. The concept is really interesting. The name "Special Jobs" needs to be something, IMHO, better like(off the top of my head) "Profession" , "Class" , or "Class Evolution." Personally, I like Profession since this seems to be a kind of Old School Final Fantasy/DnD kinda vibe. Also worth mentioning is that your base card in this progression is Level 4...and your 1st class card is level 2...Might want to drop him to 3 and start your class cards at level 4+. ;)

The second card is the same as the 1st pretty much. I see where you're going with the "roll" concept...but perhaps something better could be accomplished. Like...uhm..."Stiffled Progression" or "Interruped Advancement". I like the sound of the 1st one if you want to keep it within yoru new set. If, however, you wanted to word it do that it stopped not only these cards but the LV monsters as well...I would go with the second one.

And now comes the monster of them, Card 3. As mentioned previously I would change the "Special Job" part of this card. Also, since each level-based effect gives out the ATK and DEF...you don't really need the +1000 effect part. Also, as a means of balance and to shorten the effect to something more feasable I would remove a few of the levels and do it more like a traditional RPG character, gaining stats and abilities every so many levels. I also don't see the logic in the tributing your monsters to further the advancement of the fighter class. I could see this, easily, if he were a necromancer(something you might want to consider for the future). Also, there's no way a card with this much ATK would ever be allowed to directly attack or it would be broken. So....I must really hate myself...this is how I would redo the OCG if it were my card. Keep in mind that should you dissagree...I am correcting parts of this card that you can use and capitalizing the correct words. ;)

This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "[insert Better Name Later]" you control. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, increase the Level of this card by 1. Depending upon it's Level, this card gains the following effect:

•Level 5: This card's ATK is 2000 and it's DEF is 1700. This card can attack twice during the same Battle Phase.

•Level 7: This card's ATK is 2300 and it's DEF is 1900. This monster can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.

•Level 9: This card's ATK is 2700 and it's DEF is 2200. This monster can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. During Battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

•Level 10: This card's ATK is 2900 and it's DEF is 2400. Destroy all cards your opponent controls.

To go with this new set of effects that I'm proposing, I would also change the Level on this card to 4, the ATK to 1600, and the DEF to 1400. I know I took alot out of this card but I tried to make a progression that fit with what I thought a Fighter would do as it progressed...and, hey, less words means bigger letters. :D

I hope this helps. ;)

Archived