Discussion: Vanity's Ruler

Because of the first line.

If you want to avoid the 2 tributes, you can use Mausoleum, but this has no built-in protection or something, so he will just be lost to any card that destroys monsters.

Also, Vanity's Fiend is way better.

I guess its due to his flaws.

1. can't be special summoned

2. easily destroyed by a basic powered up 4 star, some level 5 and 6, and most level 7 and 8 eat it for lunch, not helped by number 1, making it difficult to re-use.

3. Very weak for a two sacrifice monster.

There are ways around all of these, just e.g. really.

It IS useful though, if i had it I'd use it. But I'm not a tournament player, so yeah.

I guess its due to his flaws.

1. can't be special summoned

2. easily destroyed by a basic powered up 4 star' date=' some level 5 and 6, and most level 7 and 8 eat it for lunch, not helped by number 1, making it difficult to re-use.

3. Very weak for a two sacrifice monster.

There are ways around all of these, just e.g. really.

It IS useful though, if i had it I'd use it. But I'm not a tournament player, so yeah.

[/quote']

seriously though, who uses equips anymore?

Probably something along the lines of 'ok, so we got Vanity's fiend that prevents either player from special summoning. I know! Lets make a card that just stops the opponent from special summoning a monster. We make it the exact opposite type and attribute, but make it look nearly exactly the same! After that, lets make dark versions of a bunch of monsters.'

To tell you the truth, i have no idea.

What did the creator of this card was thinking' date='this is just a carbon copy of Vanity's Fiend.

[/quote']

No, the effect Vanity's Ruler restricts the Special Summoning of monsters to your opponent's monsters while Vanity's Fiend restricts the Special Summoning of monsters to both players. In that case, Vanity's Ruler effect is more beneficial but since Vanity's Ruler required 1 more tribute so it doesn't outweigh its benefits.

EDIT: Aelsthla-Mental posted first before me so I think pointless to say it again.

Also, if there are 2 monsters that are carbon copies of each other, that should be Guardian Statue and Golem Sentry with Golem Sentry being better. Pointless making Guardian Statue if you'll assess. (just for a bit of info.)

What did the creator of this card was thinking' date='this is just a carbon copy of Vanity's Fiend.

[/quote']

No, the effect Vanity's Ruler restricts the Special Summoning of monsters to your opponent's monsters while Vanity's Fiend restricts the Special Summoning of monsters to both players. In that case, Vanity's Ruler effect is more beneficial but since Vanity's Ruler required 1 more tribute so it doesn't outweigh its benefits.

Also, if there are 2 monsters with exactly same effects, that should be Guardian Statue and Golem Sentry (just for a bit of info.)

Oh my bad.I always confused their effects & thought they were the same.Thanks for clarifying that. (reward:1 rep)

Archived