Magnus Monsters : Rate And Stuff

Death7ofsb

As previously stated, there are some OCG errors that need to be fixed(sorry, I don't have the time presently to do that). As for your question about balance...I do see some potential issues...

Akroma:

-800 is a tad much of a gain for a 4 star.

Beleren:

-Broke as a joke. Add a drawback.

Crovix:

-Drop it to summoning Level 4 monsters.

Liliana:

-For that kind of an effect...jack the stars up some more.

Korlash:

-Super Broke.

Magnus Scorn:

-I'd send the card to the bottom of the deck as opposed to the top.

Ok, that's the basics. I hope this helps. :D

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Time to put my new AROSH scale in action.

[spoiler=Advanced Rubric Of Supreme Harshness: Magnus Monsters]

[spoiler=Card 1: Luunar - Magnus of the Moon]

Title/Illus: 3/4

Originality: 2/4

OCG: 3/4

Effect & Playability: 3/4

Comments: Well, first off, I don't like the image. It doesn't fit the card, though it is good on its own. Second, "Pay 1000 LIfe Points" ought to be "pay 1000 Life Points." Minor, but it's little things that make the card. Now, as for originality, it just isn't. The effect is blatantly anti-DAD/JD, both of which are running wild in the metagame, so originality isn't too great.

Overall Impression: 2/4

FINAL RATING: 65% C+

[spoiler=Card 2: Chandra - Magnus of the Flame]

Effect & Playability: 2/4

Comments: Well, I like the image better here, but there is still the flaw of unoriginality. It's such a basic effect, and underpowered. You're giving up a monster on the field to do a mere 700 points of damage to your opponent. Considering the many ways to eradicate monsters today, it's super-underpowered. That, and the effect is so basic it's unoriginal and unremarkable.

FINAL RATING: 59% C-

[spoiler=Card 3: Akroma - Magnus of the Heavens (and any other cards I don't review here)]

Effect & Playability: 3/4

Comments: Well, there's nothing really wrong with most of your other cards, but they're all so bland. They're unoriginal and unremarkable.

FINAL RATING: 65% C

[spoiler=WHOLE SET RATING]

63%

C

Well, I did say it was harsh. Your cards are bland; try again.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Amniyagirnu - The Unspellable

Easy, if you know what you're supposed to be spelling. Then again, this is from someone who considers getting 2nd in the NYS Spelling Bee an immense failure.

That would be the trick since I've never heard of this particular word. Then again, this is from someone who is right 90% of the time and has the sense to use a dictionary the other 10% of the time. And to keep this on topic...

I rather like the artists you chose for this project, death7ofsb. I followed your link but it's a rather large site. Would you happen to know actual artist names?

Magnus is actually part of a name alot of early kings used, Amniyagirnu is actually Angra Mainyu (a guy who is seriously bad to the bone), i just mixed the words cause i thought it sounded coolier, as for hanging the cards, i really dont do that, im just here for commits and things like that.

They are cool cards there' date='I would love to see how they do in the Edge Of Justice fanfic that I've been loyally reading.

[/quote']

Its already out in chapter 4, but kale kinda forgot to use luunars effect, if he did it would of been an even more exiting duel then it already was. ^_^

Archived