Irritating Dad

SHINI [THE CHAOS]

Alright so my Dad came home just a few moments ago from the Doctors and he sees me on the computer.

We had gone to the Gym about 3 Hours ago and I'm tired.

He says,

"Hey, did you do any Push-ups today?"

I said,

"Yeah, I did millions." (Sarcasm)

My Dad looks at me with a pissed of face, then leaves.

That was the only time I've said that to him whenever he asks if I did push-ups. But whenever I say a low number or something he doesn't like, he always looks disappointed and says that I'll never be in shape and never be ready for Football. And then whenever he says that I don't want to do any exercise, because he's shot down whatever confidence I was building up.

I've told him that, but he says it's an excuse. But it's not, whenever he says negative things about me getting in shape I just want to give up.

He wants me to exercise, and when I do he doesn't say anything like your doing good or etc. But whenever I go a couple of hours without doing any push-ups he has the nerve to say put-downs that make me want to just sit on my butt and do nothing.

He doesn't realize he wants me to exercise but he's the one that's helping hold me back from exercising.

Please reply and express your opinion on the matter.

Guest JoshIcy

dont you mean 'stink eye'? And as you know i dont know my own, but i will offer what little advice I can give.....

Be happy with what your doing, dont let what he says get to you.. (well maybe small kine cuz hes yoa fada).. but it will show in him eventually that he is proud. All family members are like this ^_^. The rest of the factors I dont understand and im sorry if i couldnt offer more...

At least you guys have a dad. Mine died almost 4 years ago, and I miss him. I can't say we got along the best, but I still wish he wasn't gone.

It's not til after they're gone that you realize the good things about people, because the negative things they do usually cloud your judgment when they are around. Just work through this stuff with your dad. Be yourself and remind him nicely that what you want to do with your life is more important than what he wants you to do with your life. But that doesn't mean you should just ignore him. You should listen to his advice and take it to heart, whether or not you actually follow through on it is up to you, but at least remember that he's older and wiser than you, and has been around the block a few more times, so he can give you advice to avoid some of the more complicated and difficult things.

And be grateful for the time you do have with him, and never waste it.

At least you guys have a dad. Mine died almost 4 years ago' date=' and I miss him. I can't say we got along the best, but I still wish he wasn't gone.

It's not til after they're gone that you realize the good things about people, because the negative things they do usually cloud your judgment when they are around. Just work through this stuff with your dad. Be yourself and remind him nicely that what you want to do with your life is more important than what he wants you to do with your life. But that doesn't mean you should just ignore him. You should listen to his advice and take it to heart, whether or not you actually follow through on it is up to you, but at least remember that he's older and wiser than you, and has been around the block a few more times, so he can give you advice to avoid some of the more complicated and difficult things.

[/quote']

I'm sorry to hear that, Darth. It must be hard. I can't even imagine hiw that must be.

If you really want to get a good work out you need to do about 45 minutes of cardio-vascular (running) exercise, usually about 2-3 miles will get you that.

Then turn around and do about 10 minutes on every machine offered at the gym (if you go to a gym) along with about 100 push ups (divided into 4 groups of 25) and 100 crunches (all at once, in under 2 minutes).

Eat regularly. Don't go on a crash diet or try and change what you eat too much. Cut out sweets (candy, cupcakes, cookies, soda, etc.) and limit your intake of heavy food right before you exercise.

Before you exercise, about 30 minutes to an hour before, have an apple. Its filling and it will give you more hydration than other foods, plus its light so it won't sit on your stomach and make you feel like vomiting.

After you exercise, do about a 10 minute cool-down session (be sure to stretch really well before beginning these exercises), take a shower, and then go eat a good sized meal. Something that will sit on your stomach and give you energy (if in the morning) or hold you over the night so you aren't up all night eating (if you exercise in the evening).

Do this 3 times a week (give your body a chance to rest every other day) and take it easy on the weekends until your body gets used to the schedule.

You'll see results in a few weeks.

Thats Life. My Dad used to always play online poker. It was his LIFE. But, he realized that family was more important. We now play Yugioh and watch movies together. But, my girlfriend, her father left her. Im really sorry for her. I think she came to me as a cry of help and in need of love. Out of anyone, she chose me^^

But, about your Dad, does he drink? Because my Uncle got drunk and told me to eat the TV within 4 minutes. But if he says what you need to do, better do it. It may be annoying, but tell him you need compliments. My Baseball Coach used to be a negative hypocrit. Now, he tells the team we are great hitters and have decent defense. So, tell him you need self confidence and positive comments. He might realize he's being a jerk. And, he will say he is sorry, and life will continue.

If you really want to get a good work out you need to do about 45 minutes of cardio-vascular (running) exercise' date=' usually about 2-3 miles will get you that.

Then turn around and do about 10 minutes on every machine offered at the gym (if you go to a gym) along with about 100 push ups (divided into 4 groups of 25) and 100 crunches (all at once, in under 2 minutes).

Eat regularly. Don't go on a crash diet or try and change what you eat too much. Cut out sweets (candy, cupcakes, cookies, soda, etc.) and limit your intake of heavy food right before you exercise.

Before you exercise, about 30 minutes to an hour before, have an apple. Its filling and it will give you more hydration than other foods, plus its light so it won't sit on your stomach and make you feel like vomiting.

After you exercise, do about a 10 minute cool-down session (be sure to stretch really well before beginning these exercises), take a shower, and then go eat a good sized meal. Something that will sit on your stomach and give you energy (if in the morning) or hold you over the night so you aren't up all night eating (if you exercise in the evening).

Do this 3 times a week (give your body a chance to rest every other day) and take it easy on the weekends until your body gets used to the schedule.

You'll see results in a few weeks.

[/quote']

lol Actually the workouts I do are a lot harder than this. My Dad just wants me to do push-ups whenever we don't go running or to the gym. And I just went to football practice yesterday, and IT WAS SO HARD! I couldn't see anything when we were in the running segment of training was about an hour of pure sprinting and push-ups combined lol. And we only had about what, 10 minutes of rest in the whole thing? Yeah, about.

And yeah my Dad does expect a lot out of me. He always says that I have potential of becoming one of the greats in Sports History because I got good genes. (I'm fast and tall because of my Dad, and my Mom with the Hawaiian and Filipino blood gives me my strength and tough mentality.)

And nah, my Dad doesn't drink. He just hates to see me sitting on my butt because back in his day everything they did for fun was outside.

Don't be cockin' an attitude with your dad like some of these guys are suggesting you do.

Your dad wants the best for you, and is probably trying to live out some dream he had for himself, through you. Being in good health is nothing bad, and if you are working out harder than what I posted, and you are having difficulty at football practice, than you are burning your body out.

exercise 3 days a week for about 1-2 hours. Rest the rest of the time. Your body needs to recover from the strain you put it through.

The exercise regiment I gave you is pretty close to U.S. Marine Corps standards, and we have to hike 20 miles with an 80 lb pack, plus rifle, ammunition, helmet, safety gear, food, water, and our bigger guns that aren't shipped by truck.

However, you are still just a kid. Enjoy it. Don't try and be Hercules. Marines have been trained for months, and continue the training for years (even after we get out). Don't think you are going to pick up strenuous exercise, do it every day, and get better. Even Marines need rest in between exercise.

At least you guys have a dad. Mine died almost 4 years ago' date=' and I miss him. I can't say we got along the best, but I still wish he wasn't gone.

[/quote']

i never knew that., i'm so sorry for that.

[/quote']

Mine died 11 years ago.

Yes, I don't have much advice in this subject because I was 3 when my father died. Be thankful of what you have.

Archived