Moderators?

Okay I'm not sure if other Moderators have realized it but for some unknown reason members seem to start PMing you regarding certain things that aren't within our power, I'm refering to those Moderators like myself that only moderate a certain area, so basically before you go asking a Moderator to do something, actually look at what they moderate...oh and just because we change our name doesn't make us a SUPER MODERATOR, all Moderators can change their name.

This thread = epic lulz :P

But, seriously, if it's something you can't do just tell them and, if you want, forward the PM to a moderator who can take care of it.

Better yet people, rather than PMing moderators about problems, just use the Report button, that's what it's there for. That way all the mods see it and the one(s) who can actually take care of it get informed about it the first time.

This thread = epic lulz :P

But' date=' seriously, if it's something you can't do just tell them and, if you want, forward the PM to a moderator who can take care of it.

[/quote']

Q4E.

I'm guessing this has to do with one of the PMs I sent you yesterday(or at least I think I did...the speed name changing thing is getting a little hard to keep up with :lol:). While it's true that you're not the Mod over the section that the PM was talking about...you were one of the ones who, as a Mod, was leaning towards a certain direction in that thread that would have had possible bad rammifications for the forum. I took the time to write you a PM and explain this only to not get a reply(unless this thread counts) and read this....

Or just look at the forum team and see who can do what...the amount of people I get asking me to do stuff is horrid...I just ignore them. >>

Which, IMHO, is simply unacceptable. Being a regular Mod is a walk in the park compared to most positions on a forum. So if someone brings an issue to your attention that is not within your usual realm to cover...at least forward it up the chain to someone who can handle it. Sometimes the only Mods on the forum at a specific time are not the correct ones...but if you're the only Mod on the forums then you might, just might, have to step up and handle something that's not in your area of expertise.

I'm sorry if this comes off as negative and I have nothing personal against anyone here on this forum, but I just found this whole thread to be..well..laughable. If it's not your bag, PM it up to someone who can handle it. It's not hard. :D

Actually' date=' Super Moderators have the ability to change any users name.

[/quote']

But YCMaker never gave any of us permission to, and it would complicate everything if we started. So don't go PMing Super Moderators every 5 seconds trying to get your name changed

Actually' date=' Super Moderators have the ability to change any users name.

[/quote']

But YCMaker never gave any of us permission to, and it would complicate everything if we started. So don't go PMing Super Moderators every 5 seconds trying to get your name changed

Q4E

Please stop asking me, I'm not allowed to :P

Archived