<CLOSED>

Ryumancer

Heres the second chapter!

Chapter 2: The Heart and Soul

Previously on Yu-Gi-Oh! AR, Aya was kidnapped to a secret place, Senji and Brendan were lured to the pier and Brendan was knocked unconscious. Then Senji was about to start a duel with a mysterious person who seems to be behind this entire scheme. Who is this man? What are his motives? Find out in this chapter.

“Let’s duel!” Both duelists yelled in unison.

WARNING: THE DUEL WILL BE IN SCRIPT FORMAT

Anonymous: 4000 LP with 5 cards in his hand

Senji: 4000 LP with 5 cards in his hand

ANONYMOUS: I’ll start by summoning Blazing Inpachi, in Attack Mode! (ATK/1850 DEF/0) I’ll then set two cards on the field face-down. Your move.

SENJI: Alright, then! I can easily match your Inpachi with…Luster Dragon, in Attack Mode! (ATK/1900 DEF/1600) But before I attack, I use this…Stamping Destruction! Whenever there’s a dragon on my side of the field, I can destroy 1 Magic or Trap card on the field. Luster Dragon, stomp on the MT card to your left.

ANONYMOUS: My Gravity Bind!

SENJI: Next, you take 500 points of damage to your Life Points.

The kidnapper’s Life Point counter went down to 3500 LP. He was starting to get angry, but it wasn’t his turn yet. Senji had yet to conclude his turn.

SENJI: Alright, now Luster Dragon, attack Blazing Inpachi with Adamant Shard Breath!

*destroys Blazing Inpachi in battle*

ANONYMOUS: Why you! *3450 LP*

SENJI: I shall now put two cards face-down and end my turn.

ANONYMOUS: My turn! I summon Fox Fire in Attack Mode! (ATK/300 DEF/200)

SENJI: That weak of a monster in Attack Mode? What’s this guy planning?

ANONYMOUS: Fox Fire! Attack Luster Dragon now! *Luster Dragon destroys Fox Fire and Anonymous’ Life Points go down to 1850*

SENJI: Have you gone nuts? You’ve just given me a complete advantage!

ANONYMOUS: Not a complete advantage. Destroying Fox Fire activated my trap…Backfire!

SENJI: What?

ANONYMOUS: This card’s effect kicks in whenever a FIRE monster on my side of the field is destroyed and sent to the graveyard. You take 500 points of damage, boy!

SENJI: Urggh! *3500 LP*

ANONYMOUS: Next, I activate Last Will! Whenever a monster of mine has been destroyed in battle this turn, I can Special Summon a monster to the field with an ATK of 1500 or less. I summon another Fox Fire, this time in Defense mode!

SENJI: What’s so great about that monster?

ANONYMOUS: You’ll see at the end of the turn. I’ll put one card face-down and end my turn. *Fox Fire returns from the graveyard in defense mode*

SENJI: What the…?

ANONYMOUS: Whenever Fox Fire is destroyed in battle face-up, it’ll just come back at the end of the turn in the position I choose. Now make your move, boy!

SENJI: Fine! I activate my trap, Jar of Greed, which will allow me to draw an extra card! Now I summon Spear Dragon, in Attack Mode! (ATK/1900 DEF/0)

ANONYMOUS: Oh no!

SENJI: Spear Dragon, attack Fox Fire, now!

ANONYMOUS: Had you fooled, didn’t I? I activate my face-down card, Burning Moat!

SENJI: What does that do?

ANONYMOUS: As long is this thing remains on the field, I can’t take any battle damage to my Life Points. Unless it’s an attack from a FIRE monster! HA HA HA HA! *Fox Fire gets destroyed in battle and Backfire inflicts 500 points of damage to Senji’s LP, bringing him down to 3000 LP.*

SENJI: Damn.

ANONYMOUS: Looks like you summoned Spear Dragon for no good reason! Go ahead, attack my other Fox Fire, I dare you!

SENJI: No, I’ll shall put one card face-down and end my turn. *Fox Fire comes back in defense mode*

ANONYMOUS: Good, now I summon Solar Flare Dragon, in Attack mode! (ATK/1500 DEF/1000) Now, Solar Flare, attack his Spear Dragon now! *Spear Dragon went to defense mode after it attacked as part of its effect. Spear Dragon was destroyed in battle*

SENJI: My dragon!

ANONYMOUS: I shall now end my turn! And that’s where Solar Flare’s ability kicks in, show him buddy! *Solar Flare launches a miniature fireball directly at Senji*

SENJI: Urghh!

ANONYMOUS: Each time I end my turn, Solar Flare Dragon will burn 500 points off your total!

SENJI: What?! *2500 LP*

ANONYMOUS: That’s gotta sting!

SENJI: Errrr! I summon Masked Dragon in attack mode and end my turn! (ATK/1400 DEF/1100)

ANONYMOUS: Hmph! I’m well aware of what that dragon does, boy! And let me tell you something, you won’t get its special ability!

SENJI: Huh?

ANONYMOUS: I activate Change of Heart to take control of your Masked Dragon!

SENJI: Damn!

ANONYMOUS: And I offer it as a tribute, so that you can’t use its ability! I summon Thestalos, the Firestorm Monarch, in Attack Mode! (ATK/2400 DEF/1000)

SENJI: Let me guess! That thing has a special ability too!

ANONYMOUS: My, my, you’re sharp. Thestalos’ ability activates right now. *Thestalos charges at Senji and grabs hold of his arm and discards one card from Senji’s hand to the graveyard but shows it to the mysterious man first*

SENJI: No! My Tyrant Dragon!

ANONYMOUS: Nice secret weapon, boy! But it’s just been dismantled! As you saw, Thestalos discarded one card from your hand to the graveyard when it was summoned. If it was a monster card that got discarded, which it was, you take 100 points of damage for each star that monster had. I counted 8 stars! So that means, you take 800 points of damage, boy! HA HA HA HA HA!

SENJI: No! *1700 LP*

ANONYMOUS: That little decrease of yours just put me in the lead! HA HA HA HA HA! *1850 LP*

Meanwhile, Aya woke up from afar and saw Senji in trouble in his duel. “That’s a duel! And Senji looks like he’s losing! Senji!”

Senji heard Aya’s voice. That was one thing he was refreshed to hear. “Aya!”

“You can beat him, Senji! I know you can…because you have me and Brendan to support you!” Aya yelled with pride.

The kidnapper laughed. “Just how can you support him from way up there?”

Senji turned to the kidnapper. “Believe me! Emotional support is all I need!”

The kidnapper growled. Bubcas! You’ll lose! And I’ll prove that right now!

ANONYMOUS: Thestalos! Attack Luster Dragon right now with Flaming Fist of Fury!

SENJI: Not so fast!

ANONYMOUS: Huh?

SENJI: I activate my trap card, Call of the Haunted! It will allow me to bring back one monster from the card from the graveyard!

ANONYMOUS: So what? There’s no monster in your graveyard that can match Thestalos but…oh no! Not that!

SENJI: I’m afraid so! I choose to bring back Tyrant Dragon! But to bring him to the field, I need to sacrifice a monster on my side of the field! Luster Dragon, be gone! Tyrant Dragon, come on out to the field now! (ATK/2900 DEF/2500)

ANONYMOUS: NO!

SENJI: Now Tyrant Dragon, annihilate Thestalos with your Fire Breath! *Thestalos was destroyed in battle*

ANONYMOUS: My Monarch!

SENJI: And because my dragon was a FIRE monster, you took battle damage.

ANONYMOUS: Errrrrgh! *1350 LP* Yes, but you took damage too because of Backfire!

SENJI: Urghh! *1200 LP*

ANONYMOUS: You may have destroyed my monarch and you may have finally gotten a powerful monster on the field, but you forgot one thing.

SENJI: Oh? And what’s that?

ANONYMOUS: I still have the advantage! If you destroy any of my fire monsters, Backfire will keep inflicting damage to you. And if you don’t attack, my Solar Flare Dragon will keep burning points off your total. Face it, there’s no way you can win!

SENJI: Wrong!

ANONYMOUS: And why’s that?

SENJI: Because you underestimate the power of friendship.

ANONYMOUS: That friendship crap might work on that stupid purple dinosaur or those multicolored floopies running around on a golf course, but it won’t work on me, boy! You hear?!

SENJI: You’ll see!

ANONYMOUS: Enough, I switch my Solar Flare Dragon to defense mode and end my turn. Guess what happens next!

SENJI: Urggh! *700 LP*

ANONYMOUS: Heh Heh Heh. Your move, boy!

SENJI: Now you’ll see what I said was the truth! *draws a card*

ANONYMOUS: Let me guess the card you drew is the card you needed.

SENJI: I didn’t say that I would draw the right card at the exact right moment. The card that I needed was on the field all along.

ANONYMOUS: What?

SENJI: Activate my face-down card, Dragon’s Rage!

ANONYMOUS: NO! IMPOSSIBLE!

SENJI: Judging by the look on your face, I’d say you know the effect of this card. But let me explain it anyway to make it clear. When a dragon on my side of the field has an ATK higher than the DEF of a monster on your side of the field, the difference is taken out of your Life Points. Sure, Burning Moat would normally stop my Dragon’s Rage from doing anything, but my Tyrant Dragon is a creature of FIRE. So therefore your little moat can’t help you.

ANONYMOUS: No! There must be something I can do!

SENJI: No card can save you now! Tyrant Dragon, attack Fox Fire and end this duel!

ANONYMOUS: NOOOOOO! *Tyrant Dragon destroys Fox Fire in battle* *0 LP*

SENJI: I may have taken 500 damage from Backfire, *200 LP* but your Life Points have gone all the way down to zero! This duel is over!

The holograms disappear as the duel came to an end. Senji had won the duel and defeated the person responsible for kidnapping Aya and lure Senji and Brendan into this mess. Just as the duel ended, Brendan awoke from his “nap”. “Oh man, it feels like I have whiplash.” Suddenly he looks over at the hooded man. “I remember now! Hey punk, where’s Aya?!”

“Aya is on that crane.” Senji pointed at Aya’s direction.

Brendan looked up and was puzzled. “How did you get all the way up there?!”

Aya was angered at Brendan’s incompetence. “I was put up here against my will, you idiot!”

The kidnapper murmured something. “I wasn’t supposed to lose. I wasn’t supposed to lose!”

Senji stood over him with a serious sense of accomplishment. “But you did lose. It doesn't just take strategy to win it takes the heart of the cards, the soul of the duelist and the bond of friendship to overcome a true obstacle. Now tell us who you are!”

The mysterious man removed his hood. He had orange hair and brown eyes and had a disoriented look on his face, like he has gone for days without food or water. Senji was astonished at who it was. “Wait! I’ve seen you before, on television! You’re Frederick Morton, the American Duel Monsters Champion! No wonder your fire deck was so effective.”

This person repeated what he said before. “I wasn’t supposed to lose. I wasn’t supposed to lose.”

Senji wanted to know the reason of Frederick’s actions. Senji decided to get rough. “I’m tired of the delay! I dueled you and beat you fair and square! Now tell me! Why did you do this?!”

Frederick’s eyes shook and pointed at Senji. He then had a growing look of anger on his face. “I won’t tell you anything!!! YAAAAHHHH!!!” Frederick was getting up and was ready to punch Senji.

Senji has had enough. “It’s obvious we’ll never get anything out of you! With the power of my Millennium Medallion, I shall send your mind to the Shadow Realm!” Senji sent out a vicious mystic blast that crushed Frederick’s mind and rendered him unconscious.

Brendan looked down and was startled at what had happened. “Oh, man! Senji, what did you do to him?”

“He still would’ve been a threat if I didn’t act quickly. I sent his mind to the Shadow Realm. It had to be done.” Senji said with a serious tone.

“Um, guys?” Aya interrupted. Senji and Brendan were looking up at Aya in a humorous manner. “If it’s not to much to ask, could you guys GET ME DOWN FROM HERE?!!!” Senji and Brendan were startled into working the crane to get her down and then untied her.

It looks like the good guys won, but this was only the beginning. For in a mansion Mr. Crawford and Mr. Takamoto got some news. “Mr. Crawford, Mr. Takamoto, Frederick Morton has been defeated by someone named Senji. And this boy had a millennium item. They both turned to the henchman and laughed with intrigue. One of them was more than impressed. “So, the American Duel Monsters champion was defeated in a duel, huh? I think we should send him an invitation, huh Pegasus?”

Pegasus chuckled and replied with a lighter tone. “I’m not ready to jump to conclusions, but yes, let’s send this boy an invitation, to test his skill.” Then both laughed with excitement and the scene fades to black. Who were those two gentlemen? Were they connected with Frederick in any way? Find out in the next chapter.

Archived