<< Yu-GI-Oh: Verge of Destruction Fanfic>> Episode 2 Posted! Comment to get 5 points!

Mad Hopz

An idea has suddenly sprung into my mind about creating a new Yu-Gi-Oh fan fiction. I don't want to say too much but it involves a series of duels that center around a tournament of some kind, but it will be a unique kind of tournament. But before I start, I need some characters.

This is not a first-come first-serve basis kind of thing. I will pick characters that fit what I want for main characters and allow the other characters to be minor characters of some kind. The characters should have some kind of base deck of some kind. Like a themed deck, like only machines, something like that.

Characters should be submitted as such:

Keep in mind that created cards are accepted as long as they are balanced.

Character Full Name:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Height:
Weight:
[spoiler=Deck List]
Deck list here. This is optional but if you don't submit a deck list, I will create one for that character.
[/spoiler]

Alrighty then! Thanks for submitting a character. All submissions will be reviewed. Be sure to tune in when the fanfic starts! :D

Season 1

[align=center]Episode 1: Page #1, Post #7

Episode 2: Page #1, Post #14[/align]

interesting idea for a fan fic.... just like the show, only different. ^_^

i want to read it, but sorry i dont have a character.

you could read my fan fic for ideas if youd like, but no character stealing! :lol:

(link in sig if you like too.)

Name: Lucas Brightstar

Hair: Blond

Eye: Bright blue

Height: 1.86m

Weight: 48.7kg

Deck: Lightsworn (with several custom cards)

Attitude: very aloof & arrogant, but still cares for others

Bio: When he was still a child, his parents were divorced due to his father having a mistress. His mother tried to take care of him, but she later died of a disease. Then, he was sent to an orphanage where he continued to suffer even more. Since then, he grew bitter & was obsessed with victory & bringing defeat to the opponent.

[size=large][align=center]Episode 1
Taste of Chaos[/size][/align]
[size=x-small]
[align=center][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRNdveLnJI]
Opening Theme[/url]

A single figure stood amongst the fumes spewed upwards from the bowels of the earth. Hot rocks and flames were belched forth from the mouth of Hell itself. A foul wind swept up the figure's cloak to reveal a long dragon tattoo on his ankle. A duel disk is strapped to the figure's wrist and a long blade is locked to his back. He flips back his hood with two gloved hands to reveal a head of pruple hair.

Looking into the distance, another figure parts the mist. Quickly and silently, the figure walks through the smoke, making a bee line for the purple-headed figure. A wind sweeps the opposing figure's cloak up to reveal a golden shield strapped to his arm. With a toss of his head, the hood lifts up to reveal a spiky red haired head. The figure also sports a duel disk.

||Purple-Haired Figure||
You know the stakes now, right?

||Red-Haired Figure||
Of course. Do you?

||Purple-Haired Figure||
Do you even need to ask? Let's go!

The metropolitan area is the busiest part of the city. Cars and buses zoom around, adhering to traffic laws and street lights. Subways connect the city with a spiderweb of intricate pathways, lacing even the farthest parts of the city with each other. Buildings tower over each other, seemingly competing with each other. Light shines off glass windows, causing the messy-haired teen to cover his eyes as he walks.

He calmly waits at a stop light until the green symbol instructs him to walk. He quickly crosses the street, approaching a small out-of-the-way shop. A small sign hangs over the entry way. Upon it is engraved the words, "Hobby Shop: Get All Your Gaming Needs Here!" He pushes open the door. A tall man is sweeping the shop floor. The man looks up and addresses the boy.

||Man||
Hey, Alex, how's it going?

||Alex||
It's great, thanks, Mr. Zanmora. How're you?

||Man||
I fine, thanks. I expect you're here to see the International Championship Bout duel?

||Alex||
Of course.

||Man||
Well, head to the back. Henri's already here.

||Alex||
Thanks!

Alex rushes past the counter and pushes open the door. The humble card shop turns quickly into a humble living abode. A couch, a table, a television make up the living room. A small, pudgy boy is sitting on the couch, licking cheese off his fingers as he finishes a bag of Doritos. Alex flips over the couch and plops down to the boy.

||Alex||
Hey, Henri. Sorry, I'm late. Who's winning?

||Henri||
Well, Zero Yuka's got more life points but you never know with Aoi. He might make some sort of amazing come back.

||Alex||
Well, of course. That's how he became champ in the first place. Remember when he won?

||Henri||
Oh yeah, when was it? Last April?

||Alex||
Yep. And if you believe it, he's held the championship for six months now!

||Henri||
Hey, check it out!

The two duelists stand opposing each other, duel disks in hand. One of them has a long black overcoat on and sports purple hair. The other has spiky, red hair and wears a pair of jeans and a black vest. They stand on opposite ends of a duel field. Thousands of fans stand on either side, cheering and screaming.

||Alex||
I wish I could be there...

Suddenly, an explosion rocks the duel arena. Chunks of rock and cement fall from the ceiling. The spectators scream and run in panic. The duelists look up

to see a large hole in the ceiling. A helicopter hangs above the arena. Several ropes fall down to the dueling field and several masked figures slide down quickly.

They aim their guns at the crowd, who continue to scream in panic and fear. A man wearing a skull-like mask rattles off several shots in to the sky. The crowd instantly quiets down.

||Skull Mask||
EVERYONE QUIET! IF ANYONE SO MUCH AS TWITCHES AN EYE BROW, YOU'LL BE A FOOT SHORTER, MINUS YOUR HEAD!

||Henri||
You might wanna take back what you just said...

||Alex||
HEY! What're they doing to Zero?

A masked man kicks Zero in the gun and dispatches him with a blow to the back of the head with his rifle butt. Zero collapses, unconscious. The men pick him up and zoom up the ropes to the helicopter. The skull mask surveys the scene before following suit. Quickly, they leave the scene as quickly as they arrived.

The two guys sit on the couch, staring blankly at the television scene. Mr. Zanmora walks into the room and throws his broom into a corner. He walks towards them.

||Mr. Zanmora||
Hey. Who won?

||Henri||
You'll never guess what just happened...

A helicopter drifts silently in to the night. Its blades spin ceaselessly. It glides quickly and evades a police helicopter searching for them. Inside the helicopter, there are seven men. Zero has been propped in the corner, still unconscious. The skull masked man stands above him, prodding him with his rifle butt.

||Skull Mask||
Some one get him up!

A man rushes to the scene and throws a bucket of cold water on Zero's face. Zero splutters and awakens, smiling evilly.

||Zero||
Did everything go according to plan?

||Skull Mask||
Exactly as planned... sir.

The man with the skull mask flips off the mask. We see the back of his head. He has blonde hair and a sturdy build.

||Zero||
It's good to see you again, Lucas...

||Lucas||
Likewise...

Alex and Henri are sitting on the couch still, flipping through channels, hoping to find a clue about what had just happened. Mr. Zanmora was watching from

the kitchen while fixing himself something to eat.

||Alex||
Hey, look at this!

The television displays a newswoman, explaining the events that had just occurred.

||Newswoman||
Several minutes ago, a terrorist group attacked the stadium where the International Championship Duel was taking place. They managed to capture the challenger, Zero Yuka. As of now, no demands have been made. But the leader of the group, who had donned a skull mask, has been identified as the leader of the notorious terrorist group, the Swords of Osiris.

||Henri||
Hey, Mr. Zanmora!

||Mr. Zanmora||
Yes?

||Henri||
Do you know what the Swords of Osiris are?

||Mr. Zanmora||
Huh? Yeah. They were a terrorist group that mobilized nearly six years ago...

Lucas Brightstar stood before a large stone shrine. A large stone dragon sat atop the shrine. The chamber in which this is located is dimly lit from all sides by torches. The flickering flames make it look as if the dragon is almost living and breathing. Lucas kneels, holding his skull mask under his arm.

||Lucas||
My lord, Osiris. The time has finally arrived. The arrival of Chaos will bring about the destruction of mankind and the resurrection of you, the almighty one! And my loyal servants and I will stand by you as the heralds of Osiris!

The torches flicker and a small light gleams from the eyes of the stone dragon. Footsteps echo loudly in the chamber and Lucas turns around. A long shadow descends down the stone steps leading to the chamber. Zero steps in to the chamber, dressed in much darker clothing.

||Zero||
Lucas, come. It is time.

The sun shone brightly in the morning. Casting bright rays through Alex's window. Woken by the sudden appearance of light, Alex sprang to his feet. With one deft movement, he grabbed his duel disk from his night stand and rushed out of the door.

He ran quickly down the stairs and grabbed his bag from the closet. He quickly piled in several items, including a bag of potato chips and rushed out the door. Jogging lightly, he ripped open the chips and crunched as he ran.

He rushed across the street, avoiding several cars and stopped in front of a house. He quickly sprang up the steps and knocked on the door. He waited impatiently, tapping his foot until the door swung open.

Henri rushes out with him, a bag and duel disk in hand. They rushed down the street towards a large building, with quite an assortment of kids at the front.

||Alex||
Well, today's the day!

||Henri||
You bet! The annual Youth Dueling Tournament!

||Alex||
I have a new deck I've been itching to test out!

||Henri||
At least we got here on time. Unlike last year...

||Alex||
Let's not talk about that...

||Henri||
Don't cry over spilled milk, right? Or in that case, spilled...

||Alex||
Exactly...

The two friends gathered in to the general mass, awaiting instructions. Eventually, a tall man came out with a microphone in his hand.

||Man||
Thank you for coming to fourth annual Youth Dueling Tournament! The rules are as follows: One, in a few moments, we will ask you to draw a number. Then, we will draw up brackets according to your number. Two, cheating is banned completely. Anyone caught cheating will be expelled from this and all other tournaments hosted by the city. The winner will receiver a trophy and a card of their choice. Please begin!

The group of youngster scramble to get their numbers. After several moments, the chaos ends and the brackets are drawn up. They all gather around the board to see their opponents.

||Henri||
Well, at least we're in different brackets. Now, we won't have to face each other until the end.

||Alex||
Of course.

Alex followed the instructions and the board and calmly walked to Dueling Field 7. Already standing there was a tall boy, with a head of shaggy, brown hair.

||Boy||
Hey! You must be my opponent! My name's Phil. Phil Jerzey.

||Alex||
My name's Alex.

||Phil||
Well, let's do this!

[b]DUEL![/b]

Alex: 4000
Phil:4000

||Alex||
I'll go first! Draw! I summon [b]Gladiator Beast Andal[/b] (1900/1500) in Attack Mode! Your move.

||Phil||
A Gladiator Beast, eh? It's my first time fighting one of these decks. Let's get down!

[b]To Be Continued...[/b]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6iPi2aauu0]Closing Theme
[/url]
[/align]
[/size]

[size=large][align=center]Episode 2
Gladiators Unleashed[/size][/align]
[size=x-small]
[align=center][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRNdveLnJI]
Opening Theme[/url]

||Alex||
Draw! I summon [b]Gladiator Beast Andal[/b] (1900/1500) in attack mode! Your move.

||Phil||
All right! Draw! Okay! I summon [b]Batteryman AA[/b] (0/0) to the field! Then, I play one card face down.

||Alex||
What? Play for real! Summoning a monster with no attack or defense points? You need to learn some basics! Okay! Go! [b]Gladiator Beast Andal[/b], attack his [b]Batteryman AA[/b]!

||Phil||
Nope! I activate the Trap Card, [b]Negate Attack[/b]! Your attack has no effect!

As the great bear beast lunges forward to obliterate his small batteryman, a force field suddenly materializes between them and sends the bear flying backwards.

||Alex||
Dang it! I end my turn...

Alex: 4000
Phil: 4000

||Phil||
Draw! Okay! I summon [b]Marauding Captain[/b] (1200/400) in Attack Mode! And then, thanks to my Captain's special effect, I'm able to summon a monster to the field! And I choose... [b]Batteryman AA[/b] (0/0)!

||Alex||
Another one of those worthless monsters?

||Phil||
Hey, I wouldn't call them worthless just yet. You see, when all my Batterymen AA's are in Attack Position, they gain 1000 ATK points each for each Batteryman on the field... And since there are two of them, both of their Attack points are boosted to 2000!

||Alex||
What?

||Phil||
That's right! Now, here we go! [b]Batteryman AA[/b], attack his [b]Andal[/b]!

A burst of lightning explodes forth from the batteryman which strikes Andal with electricity. Andal shudders with the shock and explodes in a shower of sparks.

Alex: 3900

||Phil||
Now, [b]Marauding Captain[/b] and [b]Batterman AA[/b], attack his Life Points directly!

The warrior and the batteryman lunge forward, ready to attack. The captain lunges forward and strikes Alex hard with his blade. Alex crumples to the ground, only to be hit by a devastating lightning strike from the battery.

Alex: 0700

||Phil||
You ready to give up?

The cloud of smoke that had formed when Alex was hit was slowly clearing. Alex was kneeling on the ground, his head down. But when he lifts his head, he wears of an expression of delight and ferocity.

||Alex||
Oh boy! I haven't had this much fun since the first time I dueled Henri!

||Phil||
You're having fun at a time like this? Look at your life points!

||Alex||
So what? Life Points mean nothing if I can defeat you!

||Phil||
Whatever... your move.

||Alex||
Draw! Okay, I'll set one card face down and then summon [b]Gladiator Beast Darius[/b] (1700/300) in Attack Mode! Okay! Darius, attack his [b]Marauding Captain[/b]!

The horse-like warrior jumps forward to the opposing side of the field, and with a lightning crack of its whip, dismantles the warrior.

Phil: 3500

||Phil||
Whatever! That's still just one attack!

||Alex||
Not with my Darius' special ability. Thanks to him, I'm able to return him to my deck and summon another Gladiator Beast! And I choose [b]Gladiator Beast Hoplomus[/b] (700/2100) in Defense Mode! And thanks to his special ability, if he's summoned by the effect of another Gladiator Beast, his original Defense Points become 2400! Then, to finish it off, I'll play one card face down. Your move.

||Phil||
Draw! Yes! Since there are two LIGHT monsters on my field, my card's special ability activates. It allows me to summon [b]Guardian of Order[/b] (2500/1200) to the field! Now, Guardian, attack his Hoplomus!

||Alex||
I don't think so! I activate the Trap Card, [b]Defensive Tactics[/b]! It negates your attack.

||Phil||
Fine. Your move.

||Alex||
Draw! I summon [b]Gladiator Beast Secutor[/b] (400/300) in Defense Mode! Then, I place one card face down. Your turn.

||Phil||
Draw! Okay! [b]Guardian of Order[/b], attack his Hoplomus!

||Alex||
Not so fast! I activate the trap, [b]Mirror Force[/b]! Now, all of your monsters are destroyed!

||Phil||
What?

||Alex||
That's right!

A burst of white light flashes as the Guardian's attack rebounds backwards and destroys all of Phil's monsters.

||Phil||
Dang. Your move.

||Alex||
All right! And thanks to Hoplomus' ability, since he was attacked, I get to summon [b]Gladiator Beast Laquari[/b] (1800/400) to the field in Attack Mode! Then, I return all those monsters to my deck to Special Summon [b]Gladiator Beast Heraklinos[/b] (3000/2800) to the field!

||Phil||
No way!

||Alex||
Oh, yes. And it gets better. I equip Heraklinos with the [b]Axe of Despair[/b] to bring his total Attack Points up to 4000! Now, Heraklinos, wipe him out!

Heraklinos lunges forward and with one deadly slash and an explosion of catastrophic proportions, the game ends.

Phil: 0000

[b]Duel End![/b]

Alex stands over Phil with a smile on his face. He offers his hand.

||Alex||
Great game!

||Phil||
You too...

||Alex||
Now, I'm gonna go see how Henri's doing. Wanna come with?

||Phil||
Sure... I guess.

The two of them wander off to the opposite end of the arena.

The chamber is dark, but torches dimly light the area. Several men force a young boy in to the chamber and slam the door shut.

||Boy||
Hey! Let me out!

[b]To Be Continued...[/b]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6iPi2aauu0]Closing Theme
[/url]
[/size][/align]

Character Full Name: Marco Cyber

Hair Color: Grey

Eye Color: Grey

Height: 1.54m

Weight: 54kg

[spoiler=Deck List]

A Cyber dragon deck.

Cyber Dragon X3

Cyber Phoenix X2

Cyber Valley X2

Cyber Ouroboros X2

Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive X3

Morphing Jar X2

Proto-Cyber Dragon X2

Card Trooper X1

Jinzo X1

Marshmallon X1

Blue Thunder T-45 X2

Ancient Gear Knight X3

Fusion Monsters

Chimeratech Overdragon

Cyber Twin Dragon

Cyber End Dragon

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Spells

Overload Fusion X2

Future Fusion

De-Fusion

Heavy Storm

Giant Trunade

Monster Reborn

Limiter Removal

Power Bond

Ectoplasmer

Machine Duplication

Burial from a Different Dimension

Evolution Burst

Fairy Meteor Crush

Traps

Final Attack Orders

Sakuretsu Armor

Magic Cylinder

Return from the Different Dimension

Negate Attack

Ojama Trio

Combo is Future Fusion, send all machine monsters in deck to graveyard, then overload fusion to bring out Chimeratech. Equip it with fairy meteor crush. Commom ATK is 28600

^This move is perfectly legal BTW.

Bio: Had car accident. Had arm replaced with a robotic one with a duel disk attachment.

Personality: Caring, occasionally arrogant, never gives up.

Archived