Attachments....

Everyone new card maker makes the same mistake of adding their card/s as attachments... and the great mods of this site curse him/her down for not reading the rules first.... bit sad I reckon I mean when I made my first card I couldn't wait to show it off and I used the attachment.....

Anywho.... seeing as you guys are so far against it.... why not remove the attachment process from the site? This way the new people wouldn't attach cards, and they wouldnt leave after their first post cause of some of the people on here.....

Isn't that a simpler way to solve the branching problem?

You do have a point, but the 'engine' the forum is based on (myBB I think) has the attachments function present already. I don't think there's really a way to disable it. In some other forums, I've noticed that you can't attach stuff at all unless you're a mod or someone of that sort.

And, if the newbies couldn't use attachments, I'm sure some of them would make a thread like the typical 'how do i post cards help plz' before even attempting to read the rules or one of the many tutorials for that which already exist.

Maybe they should put up a big banner in the Custom Cards forums... "DO NOT USE ATTACHMENTS!!! USE IMG TAGS!!!" lol That might help :D

You do have a point' date=' but the 'engine' the forum is based on (myBB I think) has the attachments function present already. I don't think there's really a way to disable it. In some other forums, I've noticed that you can't attach stuff at all unless you're a mod or someone of that sort.

And, if the newbies couldn't use attachments, I'm sure some of them would make a thread like the typical 'how do i post cards help plz' before even attempting to read the rules or one of the many tutorials for that which already exist.

[b']Maybe they should put up a big banner in the Custom Cards forums... "DO NOT USE ATTACHMENTS!!! USE IMG TAGS!!!" lol That might help :D[/b]

maybe instead we should put that banner everywhere...

but i do agree with the proposal, i was thinking the same thing already. why have the option, but then get yelled at for using said option?

Wait!? I thought you could use Attachments as last time I went to the rules it said "Thumbnails' date=' Attachments, Links are ALLOWED now" or something like that unless they changed something

[/quote']

you can, but no one wants to view your post if you dont use img tags....

Everyone new card maker makes the same mistake of adding their card/s as attachments... and the great mods of this site curse him/her down for not reading the rules first....

I beg to differ. I never curse anyone down, nor have I seen Dj do that, either. Please get your facts straight before insulting us again.

You do have a point' date=' but the 'engine' the forum is based on (myBB I think) has the attachments function present already. I don't think there's really a way to disable it. In some other forums, I've noticed that you can't attach stuff at all unless you're a mod or someone of that sort.[/quote']

he's right. YCmaker made this forum using Mybb. it has set options which cant be changed unless you are a hacker. That is the downside of Mybb.

maybe we need to make it so that the very second they register they are forced to read the rules' date=' like i just pops up

[/quote']

But, if someone just checks the box 'I agree to have read the rules' or something like that and presses Continue, it won't work very well, because sometimes people do tend to do that.

And about attachments, I figured out that you can attach ONLY images. I was going to attach a zip file, but it didn't work. Why is that so? Shouldn't it really be the opposite, actually...

I didn't name anyone, but I have seen some moderators and long time members of this site put some people down for using attachments.

So if it can't be removed why not put a banner/large not on the creating a thread/replying to a thread page stating "Please do not attach image files, use IMG tags. These can be used from sites like: Blah, Blah, Blah.com......"

Also I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not but if it isn't, why do the new people get told "This is against the rules please do not do this"?

It was just a suggestion... To keep some very creative new people on the site and to save the stress on the older members by not having to click on attachments.....

So if it can't be removed why not put a banner/large not on the creating a thread/replying to a thread page stating "Please do not attach image files' date=' use IMG tags. These can be used from sites like: Blah, Blah, Blah.com......"

[/quote']

Yes, I think that can be done, I've seen something like that on another site. I don't remember which site it was though. You might want to consider PMing YCMaker, but it's apparently unlikely you'll get a reply. At least that's what I've heard.

I didn't name anyone' date=' but I have seen some moderators and long time members of this site put some people down for using attachments.[/b']

yes when it was a rule for only using urls and img codes yes many of us elite members did "Yell" at new members for it, but its not a rule anymore there for not a problem

So if it can't be removed why not put a banner/large not on the creating a thread/replying to a thread page stating "Please do not attach image files, use IMG tags. These can be used from sites like: Blah, Blah, Blah.com......"

because thats pointless, saying please doesnt stop anything

Also I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not but if it isn't, why do the new people get told "This is against the rules please do not do this"?

because we're trying to teach them to follow the rules of course

It was just a suggestion... To keep some very creative new people on the site and to save the stress on the older members by not having to click on attachments.....

Archived