Basic Steps to a Poke Ball Splice

I know Aman made 1 but i thought he left out some details so i'm going to make one to aid you to make a pokeball splice!

1. Obviously go to http://pokemonelite2000.com/ for all your pokemon sprite needs. In this case i'm using mew right click and then copy, floowed by openning Paint and pasting.

9uu8h3.jpg

Just click the paint bucket and the color white.The poke ball sprite is found here too.

2.Paste the Both the poke ball and pokemon.

2cp8b3o.jpg

3. Use free form to cut off a pokemon piece. I'm using the Tail as a big detail.

qyuzdh.jpg

4. Then once again use free form to bring the pokemon piece to the poke ball try and get it as close as possible so you do not have to recolor the poke ball.

2lbyw68.jpg

5.Well right now you could stop and have a decent poke ball splice but to make it cooler lets recolor to match mew's colors!

2z5ssq0.jpg

6. Now use pick color on the tool bar for paint, the little drippy thing.

click on the shades of mew from the shadows to the flash.

4hs1si.jpg

7. Now you have a pretty good splice, how ever some minor details could be added right? Well i'm gonna add mew's ears, this is harder to free form becuase they are smaller. For ecoloring and moving pieces it is best to zoom in first.

8yf6mh.jpg

8. And congratz you made a poke ball splice!

Mine looks good but your's could look better with alittle practice!

fjnsqt.jpg

End. Credit to all who have already done this and Pokemonelite2000.com for sprites.

First part is wrong. -_-". Never use the paint bucket it destroys most of the black outline. You either save the picture or take a screen shot and crop it. Also poor examples. Oh and it's easier to use the square cut tool to copy it and paste it then rub out the parts you don't need using the eraser. That way you don't destroy the picture.

First part is wrong. -_-". Never use the paint bucket it destroys most of the black outline. You either save the picture or take a screen shot and crop it. Also poor examples. Oh and it's easier to use the square cut tool to copy it and paste it then rub out the parts you don't need using the eraser. That way you don't destroy the picture.

Oh and it's easier to use the square cut tool to copy it and paste it then rub out the parts you don't need using the eraser. That way you don't destroy the picture.

??? im confused never during this did i state you use the eraser.

i use free form you don't have to take it just copy it once you have what you need.

Also you don't NEED to use paint bucket but it's faster.

Oh and it's easier to use the square cut tool to copy it and paste it then rub out the parts you don't need using the eraser. That way you don't destroy the picture.

??? im confused never during this did i state you use the eraser.

i use free form you don't have to take it just copy it once you have what you need.

Also you don't NEED to use paint bucket but it's faster.

What I mean is look: What's better quality? This:dpmfa151.png

or this:9uu8h3.jpg???

Also about the cutting I said that's my much easier and more convenient way of cutting out parts. A good splicer never uses that paint bucket method. Also save as .png instead of JPEG

Archived