Time Seal vs Destiny Hero - The Dark Angel

Time Seal...

TimeSealPSV-EN-C.jpg

Dark Angel...

DestinyHero-TheDarkAngel-JP-Anime-GX.png

Discard this card from your hand. When this card is sent to the Graveyard by this effect, place this card on top of your opponent's Deck. During your End Phase, if your opponent has an open Monster Card Zone, switch control of this card to your opponent.

Which of those is moar broken?

Are they broken at all?

Discuss.

Note: When the opponent draws Dark Angel and uses it's effect, it goes to the OWER's Graveyard, so the one who activated the effect will be the 'opponent' himself again, and it will end on the top of his deck. It won't switch between players.

PS: Please use arguments.

Once again, discuss.

Dark Angel is more broken.

1) No wait time required, unlike Time Seal's set requirement.

2) Can't be solemned as it is not activating on the field.

3) Little risk of your opponent using it as Allure food, as when will an Allure-user ever be saving Allure in their hand for any reason?

4) Can't be turned around against you with its own effect.

5) Is searchable by Sangan, Stratos, RoTA, Witch (Assuming traditional, as Time Seal can't be played in Advanced and therefore loses by default), Last Will (ditto).

This is all assuming it ever hits the TCG, which I doubt. If it ever DOES, expect an almost immediate Ban for this broken wonder.

The only way Time Seal and this thing will ever leave the Ban list (assuming DAngel hits TCG), is if a card comes out (or several) whose effect text states: "You can draw this card from your deck whenever you feel like it. It doesn't even have to be on top of your deck, just do it."

depends what are the stats of the angel?

who cares about stats when the effect dosn't need to summon it?? do you stop playing D.D. crow if its ATK would be 0 or 200??

think a little moar...

Well' date=' it [i']is[/i] a bit notable that his thumb totally hides his ATK powah.

Maybe it's 8000 or something, who knows?

Anyways, I said let's rate it effectwise because the ATK doesn't matter.

Time seal alone wasn't broken, it was the combo of Time seal + Mask of Darkness + Tsukiyomi. It basicaly created the yata lock all over again. But now that tsukiyomi is banned, i realy dont see the problem with time seal, other than the fact that even if you have 3 in your deck, you can yata your opponent 3 times. Kinda broken.

Um...

Doesn't his effect have to activate by itself?

"Discard this card from your hand." I think that's the cost...

Meaning...

Wouldn't you have to Monster Reincarnate him or something to use it over and over?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious...

When it's sent to the graveyard, his effect activates from the graveyard and it is placed on the top of the opponent's deck. This is to prevent the opponent from giving it back to you.

depends what are the stats of the angel?

who cares about stats when the effect dosn't need to summon it?? do you stop playing D.D. crow if its ATK would be 0 or 200??

think a little moar...

Well' date=' it [i']is[/i] a bit notable that his thumb totally hides his ATK powah.

Maybe it's 8000 or something, who knows?

Anyways, I said let's rate it effectwise because the ATK doesn't matter.

Thing is it gives your opponent a playable monster. Its kinda broken but not very because it gives your opponent a defense. Id say time seal is more broken because it gives your opponent nothing, as opposed to this which gives your opponent something to play, use with allure or use with D-Draw.

Um...

Doesn't his effect have to activate by itself?

"Discard this card from your hand." I think that's the cost...

Meaning...

Wouldn't you have to Monster Reincarnate him or something to use it over and over?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious...

When it's sent to the graveyard' date=' his effect activates from the graveyard and it is placed on the top of the opponent's deck. This is to prevent the opponent from giving it back to you.

[/quote']

Wrong.

Discard this card from your hand. When this card is sent to the Graveyard by this effect' date=' place this card on top of your opponent's Deck. During your End Phase, if your opponent has an open Monster Card Zone, switch control of this card to your opponent.

[/quote']

The effect activates in the owner's Graveyard, thus your opponent can activate the effect, but will just be furthering his deck's own setbacks.

Also, the second effect while not particularly useful because it can be set, gives it back to you for use as tribute fodder if your opponent summons it but doesn't dump it by the end of the turn.

Overall, ridiculously broken card is ridiculously broken.

Time seal alone wasn't broken' date=' it was the combo of Time seal + Mask of Darkness + Tsukiyomi. It basicaly created the yata lock all over again. But now that tsukiyomi is banned, i realy dont see the problem with time seal, other than the fact that even if you have 3 in your deck, you can yata your opponent 3 times. Kinda broken.

[/quote']

tsukuyomi is not legal, but mask of darkness is at 2, and there's cards like trap reclamation and transmigration prophecy... so no...

Time seal alone wasn't broken' date=' it was the combo of Time seal + Mask of Darkness + Tsukiyomi. It basicaly created the yata lock all over again. But now that tsukiyomi is banned, i realy dont see the problem with time seal, other than the fact that even if you have 3 in your deck, you can yata your opponent 3 times. Kinda broken.

[/quote']

tsukuyomi is not legal, but mask of darkness is at 2, and there's cards like trap reclamation and transmigration prophecy... so no...

Wait? Wha? I don't understand? What exactly were you trying to say?

[/quote']

Time Seal alone IS broken. I should give you an Atem-style explanation, but I'll be satisfied just by saying you fail.

[/quote']

Time Seal alone IS broken. I should give you an Atem-style explanation, but I'll be satisfied just by saying you fail.

Than allow me. cat-fail.jpg

Doesn't my post say

the fact that even if you have 3 in your deck, you can yata your opponent 3 times. Kinda broken.
If it doesn't than can i say "the fact that even if you have 3 in your deck, you can yata your opponent 3 times. Kinda broken."

• 1 year later...

Archived