Guard Penalty

When I first heard of this card, I really liked the idea of it.

GuardPenaltyEOJ-EN-R.jpg

But then I read this:

You can only draw 1 card from "Guard Penalty's" effect. You draw 1 card the first time the selected monster is changed to Defense Position. Drawing the 1 card cannot be chained to.

What is the point to limiting it to 1 card? It was a lot more interesting in the animated series.

i hav that card too its just that.... i didnt understand a word u said in that quote

It basically says you can only draw 1 card from its effect, even if you change the mosnter to defense position twice.

hmmm. yeah. but i dont see how youre going to change it to defense position twice. that would require a few cards.

Exactly. You would spend more cards changing the monster's position multiple times than cards you would gain. So what's the point to limiting it to 1 per turn?

Not quite.

1) I activate Guard Penalty on my opponent's Kuriboh (don't ask why its on the field)

2) activate Wind Storm of Etaqua and draw 1 card.

3) activate Enemy Controller to change it back to attack mode

4) activate Block Attack and draw 1 card.

I just used 4 cards and got to draw only 2 cards.

Ok, I can see it getting some use out of the continuous cards, but I still don't see how that would be enough to actually create a ruling preventing it. In order for the card to work, you woul dneed a deck based around it with all the cards you mentioned.

Lol your all wrong, you only get to draw once, even if the same monster is changed to defense position twice, theres ONLY the one card for the first time that its done. also, it ONLY works during the turn its activated. So its one card MAX and one TURN max.

Lol your all wrong' date=' you only get to draw once, even if the same monster is changed to defense position twice, theres ONLY the one card for the first time that its done. also, it ONLY works during the turn its activated. So its one card MAX and one TURN max.

[/quote']

That's what I said. I quoted the ruling in my first post. I'm just saying what is the point to limiting it to 1 card. As you can see, you would have to devote a whole deck to draw more than 1 card.

Lol your all wrong' date=' you only get to draw once, even if the same monster is changed to defense position twice, theres ONLY the one card for the first time that its done. also, it ONLY works during the turn its activated. So its one card MAX and one TURN max.

[/quote']

That's what I said. I quoted the ruling in my first post. I'm just saying what is the point to limiting it to 1 card. As you can see, you would have to devote a whole deck to draw more than 1 card.

Some people may use it for chain filler, I don't see the point though with chain detonation.

[/quote']

first of all, before you just jump in, READ! we all know u only get 1 card, we were trying to figure out why. don't lol ignorance, it only makes you seem silly.

Archived