How to Get Better at Yu-Gi-Oh!

I'm slightly confused by your situation you posted. Player 1 activated Dustshoot and wrote down that Player 2 had Solemn? Player 2 says "Huh?" Mind elaborating?

And being different just for differences sake is ****** logic. Unless you have a VERY compelling reason not to follow these guidelines' date=' you should. No questions asked.

[/quote']

Did you read or skim? If you skimmed, lrn2read, if you read, than where the hell did u get Dust shoot from?! Nowhere in my post did i mention Dustshoot.

2nd of all, who's clone are you exactly? I mean really? Not being different? WHAT?! Are you Crab Helmet?! Did you kill him so you can walk and live in his skin?! IS THAT WHY HE'S NOT POSTING?! Grow a pair, and live your own life. To tell some one this is the right way to do things and no other way shall be tolerated is blasphemy and Godlike, and sorry, but i don't see nothing god like about you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said Stack to Win. I said that you should play to win.

nobody said you did' date=' i think i may have taken my example over the top a lil.

Final comment, i wouldn't suggest note taking simply because it is public knowledge. What ever you write down can be seen by your opponent at any time, and could effect you more than assist you. Basically what im saying is its a Double edge blade, and you should watch how you wield it.

[spoiler= Fact, and source']During play, players may take any notes they wish regarding the game in progress and may refer to those notes as they wish. Note-taking must not interfere with the normal flow of play, and no additional time will be allocated for it. Notes are public information to both players.

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/COMMUNITY/forums/thread/1195391.aspx

In a nut shell this thread is a good idea, im not trying to nit pick, im more worried how the players, and readers interpret it.

Note Taking is effective because it allows you to concentrate on what your opponent has. If you use Trapdust Shoot, write down what your opponent has after you send back. It doesn't really hurt you because your opponent already knows what they have in hand.

again, mabey its not me missing the point. Okay, lets just say someone of the age of 6 were reading this thread right now, and decides... YEAH I GET TO TAKE NOTES! and starts taking notes about how they played. Lets say they activated Solemn.... makes a few notes and than passes the turn. The opponent goes, hmm hes writing something down, "Mind if i see that?" Than he sees solemn, at that point he could be a pest, and say "i dont understand", and at that point the kid has to elaborate their notes. Feeding their opponent all the information he/she needs against that kids deck. It can be hurtful, and by not taking any notes at all, it wont effect any outcome at all.

One last thing i should say, if your in this to help other people you have to learn to view things from ALL perspectives and all case senarios. Dont put a blind eye to anything when it comes to helping other people. Its like that old song says. "The world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some."

Your misunderstandimg what I wrote. I am saying that when you activate a card that allows you to see your opponent's hand, you should write down what they have. For example, if You activate Trap Dustshoot and see that your opponent is running 1 Don Zaloog, 1 Mobius the Frost Monarch, Monster Reborn, Mirror Force, and Dark Magician of Chaos. After picking a card to send back, write down the rest of the hand. In this example, I would send back Don Zaloog, and write down Mobius the Frost Monarch, Monster Reborn, Dark Magician of Chaod and Mirror Force. When they play a card, I would cross off what they played.

When I wrote this article, I was giving general advice. I am not forcing anyone to play this way. I am only presenting ideas that have helped other people and myself become better players. I am always open to suggestions.

EDIT: I didn't see your last post.

Did you read or skim? If you skimmed' date=' lrn2read, if you read, than where the hell did u get Dust shoot from?! Nowhere in my post did i mention Dustshoot.

[/quote']

You misunderstood me, when I was talking about note taking. What I am saying is that you should write down what your opponent has when you activate a card that allows you to get information for your opponent(For example Trapdust Shoot or Crush Card Virus).

^You've said the same thing almost 3 times in a row about the same strategy, what you didn't cover was the downfalls, how not to take notes, and what not to take notes. You cover only what seems to matter that will assist you in times, but you don't cover to a full extent of the consequence or alternatives to that advice. Its like telling a person not shoot anybody because its wrong, but not telling them why its wrong, what could happen if you choose to do it, scenarios of how it could be beneficial to shoot someone, and if they must how to shoot someone effectively... Do get where im coming from? does anybody get where im coming from?

and this wasn't refering to you, it was to Chaos Pudding.

Nate12345 Wrote:

Did you read or skim? If you skimmed, lrn2read, if you read, than where the hell did u get Dust shoot from?! Nowhere in my post did i mention Dustshoot.

You can disregard that.

^You've said the same thing almost 3 times in a row about the same strategy' date=' what you didn't cover was the downfalls, how not to take notes, and what not to take notes. You cover only what seems to matter that will assist you in times, but you don't cover to a full extent of the consequence or alternatives to that advice. Its like telling a person not shoot anybody because its wrong, but not telling them why its wrong, what could happen if you choose to do it, scenarios of how it could be beneficial to shoot someone, and if they must how to shoot someone effectively... Do get where im coming from? does anybody get where im coming from?

[/quote']

12) Note Taking - Credit goes to JoC for the idea.

If you are running cards that allow you to see your opponents hand(i.e. Trap Dustshoot' date=' CCV, etc), make sure you have pen and paper to take notes. You can write down what they have.[/b'] This is better than memorizing what they have, because your memory can easily faultered. As they play cards from thier hand, cross of the cards name. This allows you to keep track of possible cards they have in their hand.

You are missing my point. The whole point of note taking is to write down what your opponent has. I think the bolded explains it better.

Also, did you compare taking notes for a children's card game to murder?

You are missing my point, I stopped referring to this guide posts ago, im now talking to you... directly... about what you... can do to increase the productivity and flow of your guide. How you can improve your guide so that there is no confusion. A guide shouldn't be a "Do this... it makes you better" thing it should be "If you try this, you could see improvement about yourself."

Last time im going to try this. After this i give up and hopefully someone else can explain it to you better than i can.

COVER EVERYTHING ON THE SUBJECT, NOT JUST HOW A PERSON CAN BENEFIT! COVER THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY. ANYTHING THAT CAN OR COULD COME FROM ANY GIVEN SITUATION SHOULD BE EXPLAINED. WHEN YOUR GIVING ADVICE BE AS DETAILED AS YOU CAN BE.

You are missing my point' date=' I stopped referring to this guide posts ago, im now talking to you... directly... about what you... can do to increase the productivity and flow of your guide. How you can improve your guide so that there is no confusion. A guide shouldn't be a "Do this... it makes you better" thing it should be "If you try this, you could see improvement about yourself."

Last time im going to try this. After this i give up and hopefully someone else can explain it to you better than i can.

COVER EVERYTHING ON THE SUBJECT, NOT JUST HOW A PERSON CAN BENEFIT! COVER THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY. ANYTHING THAT CAN OR COULD COME FROM ANY GIVEN SITUATION SHOULD BE EXPLAINED. WHEN YOUR GIVING ADVICE BE AS DETAILED AS YOU CAN BE.

[/quote']

Its hard to understand what you say when you are talking about a specific subject thats in my first post.

I wrote this article because it has helped people I know get better at Yugioh. Covering the whole subject of Yugioh is hard. There are numerous amounts of things that can be done to improve one's game. If you want to cover everything, go ahead. I will just stick to general things that can be done to improve oneself.

Also when a players in a tough situation and their doesn't seem to be obvious moves just look at the cards in their hand and on the field and they should think how they could put them togather and turn things around or at the very least by them more time and the whole thing with the note taking can be bad is dumb becuase your comparing a six year old to older and smarter players

Guest Chaos Pudding

Jeez, stop getting so butthurt over my comments. It makes you look stupid and silly.

As for me saying that you should follow these guidelines unless you have a very compelling reason not to, that stands. Making unfounded assumptions doesn't make my point any less right.

oh i also have another one tht reflect staying calm

this is my experiance btw i was versing somone and they set 4 s/t on their first turn

(this guy was good btw)

so i was very reluctant to attack

but after i heavied he had a bunch of normal spells down as decoys as he was getting bad draws

so the same thign happend the next duel so i then was able to blindly attack as i new he most likely had crap facedown as decoys

basically look for possible weakness

omg... sigh.. for the record, I love the post, i said that over and over again, i dont know how many times i have to say that, i even rep'd him for it, but i guess nobody fully reads posts anymore.

2ND i never said anything is wrong with the wording, im just saying a guide should be full of life and detail. We all know when taking notes is good. Its been said over 7 different times, THE EXACT SAME WAY. I was just using note taking as an example so that benario would expand his horizon a little, get into fuller scenarios, and situations where taking notes could potentially be a bad thing. NOT TO SAY THAT TAKING NOTES IS ALWAYS A BAD THING.

None of my posts has been against the idea of creating a guide, just the closed minded way it was created. It wasn't against benario in a way of threatening, just constructed criticism.

Im am trying to explain to him that when you create a guide, you have to target it to ALL AUDIENCES. Remember this game has a suggested age requirement of 6+ and PARENTS ACTUALY FOLLOW THOSE THINGS. So any six year old with a computer could come here and read this and be like "Huh what? Am i really supposed to act this way" These could gradually effect the way a person thinks and behaves all throwout their yugioh life.

When you giving advice it is always important to explain thoroughly on any subject your willing to cover. Imagine if you were a Parent (Mother or Father, thats up to you) And you just tell your daughter "Never Have Sex!" And thats it, and just left it like that. Well that little girl is gonna get curious and wind up having sex a hell of a lot faster than she would. And at first she thinks, "well this isn't bad, in fact its kind of harmless." and goes on to having lots of sex. Within a year now shes got 2 kids and SiphaGonaHerpiCrab.

All this could have been avoided if you told your daughter something like "I suggest you don't have sex for a while. It can lead to early pregnancy and you could catch an std. However should you choose to have sex, id suggest you use a condom, If you dont know how to use a condom, you can go to this website, or read this book, or even ask me how to apply/ insert it, and do it properly. But all in all sex isn't a bad thing, remember what i said about kids? Yeah you were born through sex! Anyway, now that you have a wider understanding about the subject i hope you see it my way and just stay clear of sex for a while, because hey! there always is masturbation."

ITT: Yu-Gi-Oh = Sex.

Man' date=' have [b']I[/b] been doing it wrong!

I'm sigging this.

@Nate: I have only written what I have seen. I doubt a six year old would understand what I have said. Also spell my name right please.

@JoC: Yeah, it sounds like a good idea.

@Ton: Can you PM with your suggestion? I don't understand it.

yugioh is a way of life if you dont play to win why play at all

I suppose...

But' date=' it's just a strategical card game aimed towards the age group 8-14. If you still play after 14, great. But even still, it's meant to be a fun hobby. For you competitive types out there, great, stay competitive.

I personally don't play to win. I still have fun, though. ;) That's the type of approach you should have towards the game. Even while you are competitively playing, you should still have fun.

As for the guide, it's a very good one, but unfortunately, I am light years away from [i']ever[/i] going to regionals.

I doubt a six year old would understand what I have said

AND THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT! NOW YOUR GETTING IT!

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. I said that because I think my vocabulary is a little higher than what 1st graders can read at.

OMG. The onley reason you should play too win is at regionals and locals. its a mindset that everyone should practice. As far as some 6 year old reading this....GOOD! It will prevant more n00bs. Besides If a 6 year old can even get online.....I was still watching Barney at 6. Amazing thread.

i heard about sleeves and i want to know if the cards are already damaged and you tell the judges that they were damaged by either being in your pocket, traded as is, or accidental damages cause me to be disqualified from the tournament. i need to know because i have alot of damaged cards and some excessive damaged cards. please pm me your answer.

Archived