Yu-Gi-Oh: Legacy's end

TotalObelisk

This story will probably make more sense if you've read the original Yu-Gi-Oh: The third legacy fan fic, however if you haven't you can still enjoy this one.

This is a three part story that marks the end of third legacy. It's set about five years later when Jamin and his friends have split up to follow separate careers. As I said there are only three episodes, but they're longer than the ones in third legacy so I'll be posting them up here in parts to make it all easier to take in. enjoy:

[spoiler=episode 1]

[spoiler=part 1]I'm not too keen on the opening as it starts off the way many fan-fics do with a simple unrelated duel, however what I'm trying to show is that Jamin is still the same casual, slightly cocky duelist he was before, only this time he's a professional duelist. I hope you can turn a blind eye to the genericness of it all and enjoy the duel.

The new duel stadium, known as the Kaiba Coliseum, was brimming with activity, crowds were milling around outside or filling the stands. Inside the stands where arranged in an oval around a deep pit. At the sides of the pit where two large pillars with tracks running up them had been erected, colored lights were displayed along the top few meters. Several spotlights where roaming around the large room as the crowd filled the seats, chatting excitedly to each other as they waited for the event to begin. A loud screech sounded as the speakers came on.

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen,” the announcer said from a box overlooking the coliseum “I hope you’ll enjoy tonight’s duel, because it was real expensive and if you don’t enjoy it I’m getting a pay cut.”

A slight laugh came from the audience at this.

“But, enough about me,” the announcer said “You’re here for them, so let’s introduce our duelists.”

Down in a dark corridor far below the crowd a single person was walking, his face hidden in shadow.

“Our first duelist, know for his cunning use of insect monster, Ken Rino!” The announcer said.

A large square platform rose up the side of one of the pillars and stopped just short of the lights which immediately turned green. He was short and wore glasses; he had neat wedged silver hair and wore a green jacket with a dark green undershirt and even darker trousers.

“And his opponent,” the announcer said.

The man hidden in shadow stepped onto the platform far below the crowd and was lifted up, his face being thrown into sharp relief by the headlights. He had shoulder length sandy hair that fell over his face in long thing bangs and had several large turfs at the edges of his fringe; he had bright grey eyes and a smug grin. His clothes consisted of a silvery blue jacket with long tails and no sleeves, underneath that he wore a black T-shirt and trousers. Once the platform stopped opposite of Ken the crowd let out an almighty cheer.

“Jamin Tsubasa!”

“Yo,” Jamin said, waving at the crowd “How you all doing?”

He looked back down at Ken, still grinning.

“I hope you’re ready,” Ken said “Because this deck of mine has no weaknesses, you’ll be flattened before you know it.”

“Hm, how many times have I heard that before,” Jamin muttered.

“Duelists, begin!”

Both duelists raised their duel disks and activated them, their decks shuffling automatically.

“Let’s go guys,” Jamin muttered.

“I’ll lead,” Ken said, drawing six cards “I play my Magical Mallet; this card allows me to put any number of cards I want back into my deck and draw again.”

Jamin stared at him, looking slightly bored as he did this.

“But why stop there when I can play another,” Ken said, repeating the same action “By doing this, I can get the perfect hand in no time.”

“Whatever,” Jamin muttered.

“Now I’ll summon my Reload Bug in attack mode,” Ken said.

A large red beetle with large mandibles and a head that made it look like a crab appeared in front of Ken, hovering above the pit between them.

“My Reload Bug has a special effect,” Ken said “When a spell card I control is destroyed, I can add another spell of the same name from my deck to my hand. I’ll lay one card face down and end my turn.”

A face down card appeared behind Reload Bug.

“I see,” Jamin muttered, drawing a card from his deck “Well, if you’re done then I’ll take my go.”

He looked carefully at his hand before nodding.

“I activate the spell card Spiritual Elemental Art – Shiro,”

A spell card appeared on Jamin’s field, displaying five staffs touching each other and producing a white light.

“But I’ll explain precisely what this is for later,” Jamin said “In the meantime I’ll summon Familiar Possessed Hiita.”

A flame erupted on Jamin’s field and a girl with wild red hair, a faded brown jacket and a black miniskirt rose up on Jamin’s field. In her hands was a long golden staff with a red orb floating in a circle at the end of it.

“Hiita, attack,” Jamin ordered.

Hiita raised her staff and fired a pillar of flame towards Reload Bug.

“I play my trap card, negate attack,” Ken said “This calls of your monster’s attack and ends your battle phase.”

“I see,” Jamin muttered “Fair enough, your go.”

“Heh,” Ken drew a card and grinned “Perfect. I’ll switch my Reload Bug to defense mode.”

The large beetle squatted down and a horizontal card appeared beneath it.

“Next I’ll set this monster in defense mode too,” Ken said, another horizontal card appearing in front of him “But why stop there when I can play Book of Taiyou!”

Jamin raised an eyebrow. A bright light illuminated Ken’s field and his face down monster flipped up, revealing a Parasite Paracide.

“I should’ve known,” Jamin muttered.

The monster leaped forwards, burying itself in Jamin’s deck and vanishing.

“When you draw that card it is automatically special summoned and you lose 1000 life points,” Ken explained “As well as all your monsters becoming Insect-type. Which is why I’m also playing my Insect Barrier!”

A spell card flipped up on Ken’s field, displaying several insects trapped by a yellow web.

“As long as this card exists, you can’t attack me with insect monsters,” Ken explained.

“I’m not sure you’ve noticed,” Jamin said “But the chances of me drawing that parasite of yours is like 45 to 1.”

“Don’t worry, I’ve got insurance,” Ken said “I play my Jade Insect Whistle! This forces you to select one Insect-type monster from your deck and place it on top. So you’ll be forced to draw it next turn.”

Jamin shrugged and took the Parasite Paracide from his deck and placed it on top.

“Is that all?” He asked.

“I’ll lay one card face down and end,” Ken said “Your move. And now you’re forced to draw my Parasite.”

“Nope,” Jamin replied.

“Huh?”

“I said I’m not drawing it,” Jamin said “I mean if I do I’ll lose 1000 life points and I won’t be able to attack.”

“Stop cheating!” Ken said “You have to draw it, it’s the rules!”

“I don’t have to,” Jamin said “You remember my Spiritual Elemental Art, don’t you?”

“Huh?” Ken looked confused.

“Well, this card allows me to skip my draw phase and add one monster from my deck to my hand with the same attribute as one monster I choose on your side of the field,” Jamin said “So since you’re Reload Bug is a fire monster, I can add Blazing Hiita to my hand.”

“What?”

Jamin took a card from his deck and then summoned it to the field.

“Go, Blazing Hiita!” He said.

A girl, almost identical to the one next to the other one, only with neater hair and looking slightly younger rose up on Jamin’s field.

“Now I activate Blazing Hiita’s effect,” Jamin said “By releasing a fire monster on my field, I’m allowed to special summon a fire monster from my hand.”

“Wait, you’re not about to…”

“I am,” Jamin said “Rise, Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys!”

Familiar Possessed Hiita vanished in a pillar of flame and a great metal golden bird with fire coming from her tail and head rose up on Jamin’s field.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me,” Ken muttered “Well no matter, because I have some insurance, go trap card DNA surgery.”

Ken’s trap card flipped up.

“Thanks to this card, all monsters are treated as Insect-type,” Ken said “In other words, you can’t attack!”

Jamin heaved a sigh.

“What’s up? Giving in?” Ken asked.

“No,” Jamin said “It’s just that it’s all insurance, insurance with you,” Jamin said “Almost every card you’ve played has been insurance of something or other, don’t you trust your deck or something?”

“What’s there to trust?” Ken asked “It’s not like a deck can feel anything.”

“Wrong,” Jamin said “In a duel your deck is your best friend, and if you can’t trust it then you can never win.”

“Stop babbling nonsense,” Ken snapped.

“It won’t be nonsense by the time I’m done,” Jamin said “I’ll lay two cards face down and end my turn.”

“Right,” Ken drew a card from his deck “I play Pot of Greed, this card allows me to…”

“Yeah, I know,” Jamin said “Just do it.”

Ken picked up two cards from his deck and grinned.

“Excellent,” he said “I summon Pinch Hopper in attack mode!”

A small green grasshopper appeared on Ken’s field.

“Now attack his Blazing Hiita,” Ken ordered.

Jamin made no reaction as Hiita was hit by the Pinch Hopper’s attack and she and Sacred Phoenix where destroyed.

“Huh? Why’s the phoenix gone too?” Ken asked.

“Because when Blazing Hiita is destroyed, so are all monsters used to summon her,” Jamin explained.

“I see,” Ken said “All the better for me then, I’ll lay this card face down and end my turn.”

Jamin smirked and drew a card from his deck.

“Rise, Sacred Phoenix!” He commanded.

“What?”

A pillar of flame erupted on Jamin’s field and his Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys rose out of it.

“What? But I destroyed her,” Ken said.

“Blazing Hiita destroyed her,” Jamin corrected him “And because of that my Phoenix can come back and destroy all spell and trap cards.”

“She what?”

Jamin’s Phoenix rose into the air and flapped her wings, sending several balls of flame down on the field.

“Hey, don’t you have two trap cards of your own?” Ken said “They’re gonna be destroyed too you know.”

“I don’t think so,” Jamin said “I play Fake Trap.”

Jamin’s face down flipped up and all the shards heading towards his field where sucked into it before the trap blew up.

“Fake Trap can be destroyed in place of any of my other spell and trap cards,” Jamin said “It’s the perfect counter against my phoenix.”

“You’re joking,” Ken gasped “But my Reload Bug let’s me add Insect Barrier from my deck to my hand, so I can still play it next turn.”

“Now then,” Jamin said “Nephthys, attack his Pinch Hopper!”

Jamin’s monster dived forwards, bursting into flame and hitting the Pinch Hopper and destroying it. Ken’s life points dropped to 2800 and the some of the lights behind him turned off and the rest became yellow.

“Now then,” Jamin continued “Sorry Nephthys, but I’m gonna have to get rid of you for now. I play my face down, Spiritual Fire Art – Kurenai!”

“Huh?”

Jamin’s phoenix burst into flames and was sucked into the card which then fired a powerful blast of flame at Ken, reducing his life points to 200. All but two rows of lights went out behind Ken and turned red.

“Now to finish off,” Jamin said “I summon Familiar Possessed Darc.”

A pillar of black smoke rose up on Jamin’s field and a girl with short black hair, a dark brown jacket and wide black shorts rose up on Jamin’s field. She was carrying a long staff with a large black rock on the end.

“And just to finish I play the field spell Village of Spellcasters,” Jamin said.

A slot opened at the end of his duel disk and he inserted the card into it. Several pale trees rose up out of the pit, twisting and turning all over the place. A few had houses imbedded in their roots and soon enough the pair found themselves in a forest of these mystical trees.

Ken drew a card from his deck.

“Right then,” he said “I play my spell card…”

“Can’t,” Jamin said.

“Huh?”

“Let me spell it out for you,” Jamin said “As long as village of spellcasters in one my side of the field you can’t activate any spell cards so long as my only monsters are spellcasters.”

“What?”

“Since you can’t do anything else I’ll take my turn,” Jamin said, drawing a card “I’ll activate my Card Flipper. By discarding Eria the Water Charmer from my hand, I change the battle position of your Reload Bug.”

Ken stared down in horror as he bug stood up again.

“No, wait,” he said.

“Darc attack,” Jamin ordered.

Darc grinned and raised her staff, firing a pillar of black smoke towards Ken’s monster. The Reload Bug was completely consumed by the attack and was destroyed. Ken stared ahead in shock as his life points dropped to zero and all the lights behind him went out.

“No way,” he gasped.

“And the winner is Jamin Tsubasa!” The announcer said.

The trees and monsters vanished and the two duelists where greeted by a massive applause.

“Jamin Tsubasa wins another duel,” the announcer said “And he didn’t even lose any life points. Truly he must be one of the best duelists of our time.”

“Thanks guys,” Jamin muttered, looking down at his deck.

The platforms lowered and the two duelists where plunged into darkness once again.

[spoiler=part 2]The screen turned off and Josh lay back on the sofa, gazing up at the ceiling. He had messy black hair that looked like he had attempted to comb it but failed, he also wore a black suit and tie.

“Guess he’s successful,” he muttered “Still can’t hold a candle to me.”

A beeping noise sounded from his pocket and he reached in and pulled out a small phone. He turned it on and held it to his ear.

“Yes?” He asked “Oh? Is that so? I see thanks.”

He turned it off and stood up, walking over to an elevator in the wall. The room itself was rather large with a plasma screen on one wall and a set of large doors on the other. The elevator was on the far wall and had a blue carpet leading up to it. Josh pressed the button for the lift and stepped in once it opened. The lift took him upwards to the very top of the building where he stepped out into a large office with a desk at one end. One wall was made up of several window panes looking out over domino city. Seated at the desk was a man with neat white hair and wrinkles under his deep blue eyes.

“You called for me, Mr. Kaiba?” Josh asked, walking up to the desk.

“Of course,” Kaiba said “I believe you were once close friends with Jamin Tsubasa.”

“Of course,” Josh replied “What about it.”

“It’s this,” Kaiba said, showing Josh a little card with a USB port attached.

Josh took it from him and examined it.

“This came in a parcel addressed to Kaiba Corp,” Kaiba explained “I’m not sure who sent it or why they sent it here, but I’m certain they where aiming for it to find you.”

“What’s on it?” Josh asked.

Kaiba didn’t reply. Josh walked over to a plasma screen set into the wall and plugged the card into the port just below it, the screen flickered into life and a face was vaguely visible beneath a hood.

“What’s this?” Josh asked.

“We don’t know,” Kaiba said “I was hoping you would tell me.”

Josh took a closer look at the figure, unable to recognize him under the hood.

“Greetings,” it said “I am here to inform you of an unfortunate event about to unfold.”

Josh’s eyes narrowed.

“You called me up here for a jabbering nut case?” He asked.

“Keep watching,”

“By tomorrow morning, Jamin Tsubasa will be dead,” the person said.

“What?” Josh’s eyes widened “You can’t believe this.”

“I don’t,” Kaiba said “But it seems someone is out to try and assassinate one of Domino’s best duelists.”

“If they were trying to kill him why did they send this?” Josh asked.

“Like I’d know,” Kaiba replied “It’s a mystery to me why they sent it here. If they were addressing their plans to kill me I’d understand but the only connection Jamin Tsubasa has with this place is you, so they were evidently trying to reach you.”

“I see,” Josh replied, taking the card out “Well, we’ll see about that.”

Out on the streets a sleek red car drove along the road with Jamin at the wheel. There was a slight frown on his face as he drove.

“Damn, I’m going to be late again,” he muttered “I knew I shouldn’t have had that third helping of pizza.”

He looked down at his duel disk still with his deck slotted in it and a grin crossed his face.

“Well, who cares,” he muttered.

He slowed down and pulled over into a card park, slotting his card in an empty space and getting out. He pressed a button on a remote and the car lights flashed as the doors locked. He heaved a sigh as he brushed a few locks of hair out of his eye and walked up a set stairs on the side of the building till he reached the second floor balcony. He walked up to about the third door down and reached up, typing in a five digit code into the number pad just next to the door. It flashed green and the door slid open.

“I’m home,” he muttered.

He heard a slight exclamation of surprise and the sound of the T.V being turned off, then a woman with long dark red hair and bright eyes looked round the corner at him, a fairly fake scowl on her face.

“You’re late,” she said “I told you I can cook now so you don’t need to pig out by yourself.”

“Yeah I know but my manager insisted,” Jamin said, trying to appear innocent “Cut me some slack.”

“Well if you throw up in bed you’re sleeping on the floor,” Kim said.

“Yeah, yeah, I get it,” Jamin sighed, hanging his tailcoat up and walking further into the apartment.

There were only two rooms, the main room which consisted of a mix between a living room and a kitchen and a bedroom which formed a short corridor between the door and the main room. Jamin moved into the main room where Kim was sitting on the sofa in front of the television, eating a bowl of noodles.

“What where you watching before?” Jamin asked.

“Huh?” Kim jumped slightly “Me? Nothing, nothing at all.”

Jamin frowned at her.

“Honest,” she said

“Okay,” Jamin shrugged.

He sat down on the sofa next to Kim, humming and glancing around the room, acting completely innocent.

“Okay fine,” Kim said, putting her bowl down on a table and reaching into the pocket of her jeans “Here.”

She handed Jamin a small electronic card with a USB port. Jamin frowned and plugged it into the T.V, watching as the man in the hood appeared on screen.

“Do we know him?” Jamin asked.

Kim shrugged.

“Greetings,” the man said “I am here to inform you of an unfortunate event about to unfold.”

Kim bit her lip and began fidgeting.

“By tomorrow morning, Jamin Tsubasa will be dead,”

Jamin paused, staring at the screen as it went blank.

“What was that about?” He muttered.

“I don’t know but it looks like someone is trying to kill you,” Kim said.

“Not another one,” Jamin sighed.

A knock at the door interrupted them and Jamin stood up.

“Hey wait!” Kim said “It might be the killers.”

“Yeah they’re really gonna knock on my door after just telling me I’m gonna die,” Jamin said “Get a grip.”

Kim bit her lip as Jamin walked up to the door and pressed a button on the wall. It slid aside to reveal Josh standing on the balcony, looking as serious as ever.

“Josh?” Jamin said in surprise.

Kim poked her head around the corner, surprise showing on her face too.

“Hello,” Josh said “Long time no see.”

“About two years,” Jamin replied.

“I take it you got one of these too?” Josh held up the card.

Kim walked up beside Jamin, peering at the black card in Josh’s hand.

“Yeah,” Jamin replied.

“I see,” Josh replied “Then you should follow me.”

Jamin and Kim looked at each other for a second then followed Josh outside and into the back of a black card. Josh reversed out of the parking space and onto the road, driving off.

“Okay, so somebody is threatening to kill me,” Jamin said “Come on Josh, better people have tried, including you.”

“That’s not a chance I’m willing to take,” Josh replied.

“Where are we going anyway?” Jamin asked.

“Somewhere where nobody will overhear us,” Josh replied “I don’t think destiny is quite done with you yet.”

Jamin stared at him, utterly confused.

A phone rang and a gloved hand reached down to answer it.

“Hello? Yeah I sent them,”

An inaudible babble came over the speaker.

“I see, perfect, it’ll all be over soon.”

The phone was put down and the person answering stood up, out of his seat, stretching. He was about twenty years old with neat black hair that fell over his back like a waterfall. He wore a blue shirt and trousers and had a dark blue scarf, boots and gloves as well; his eyes were also dark blue. He looked round to hear footsteps behind him.

“So, where are they?” The man asked.

Looking up at him was a small ten year old girl with blond hair and wide almond eyes. She wore an identical outfit only hers were shades of pink.

“They’re heading to the park,” the girl replied “Just as you predicted, Kumori.”

Kumori grinned and patted the girl on the head.

“Very good,” he said “Let’s go Akuchi.”

The girl called Akuchi smiled and followed Kumori as he walked out of the room.

“Soon, Jamin Tsubasa will be dead,” Kumori muttered.

Josh looked about as they wandered through the park next to a large lake. Jamin looked around and saw a large mound on the other side of the lake.

“Hey,” he muttered “That’s where my mum’s buried.”

“Okay Jamin, listen up,” Josh said “I got one of those weird card things too so whoever sent them is either warning us or enticing us.”

“By the sounds of it he sounded more like he was warning us,” Jamin said.

Josh frowned, unsure of how to reply.

“Either way somebody wants me dead, right?” Jamin asked “So I’m guessing the first thing is to make sure they don’t achieve that.”

“It’s not that simple,” Josh replied “We don’t know who they are or why they want you dead.”

“I can think of a few reasons,” Jamin muttered.

Kim glanced around nervously, peering into the dark around them.

“Guys,” she muttered.

“Not now, Kim,” Josh replied “We need to get Jamin to safety and then find out who’s targeting him.”

“I’m serious; I think we’re being watched.”

Josh and Jamin both stared at her. Then a shadow rose up nearby and Kumori stepped out, followed by Akuchi.

“She’s sharp,” Kumori muttered.

“You’d be the one trying to kill me, would you?” Jamin asked.

“Yup,” Kumori said “Kumori Dark, pleasure to meet you.”

“I’m Akuchi,” Akuchi said.

“You’re being awfully polite for someone trying to kill me,” Jamin said.

“Well, I figured I’d best give my victims some courtesy,” Kumori shrugged.

“And I suppose there’s no point asking you why you want to kill me,” Jamin sighed.

“Hey I don’t ask questions, I just obey orders,” Kumori shrugged “But if you must know its master Kimiro who wants you dead.”

Jamin raised an eyebrow.

“Look pal,” Josh said “I don’t know who you are or who you work for but if you think you’re going to assassinate my friend in front of me you’ve got another thing coming.”

“I’m afraid you’ll have no choice,” Kumori said “Master Kimiro’s orders are absolute.”

He then raised his arm to reveal a black duel disk. Jamin, Kim and Josh stared at him for a minute, unsure of how to react.

“Um,” Jamin began “You’re going to duel me to death?”

“I assume you know about spirit duels,” Kumori said.

“I think I’d prefer it if you were a regular assassin,” Jamin sighed.

“You’re making no sense,” Kim said “First you threaten to kill him then you challenge him to a duel, what’s with you?”

“Oh let it be,” Jamin said, raising his own duel disk “Besides, this way I can just beat him and go home.”

Kumori licked his lips.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this,” Josh muttered.

Both player’s life points set to 4000 and they each drew five cards.

“Let’s see,” Jamin said, drawing a card from his deck “Ah yes, this’ll do. Familiar Possessed Wynn in attack mode.”

A whirlwind rose up on Jamin’s field and a girl with green hair tied in a pony tail, a faded brown coat and a long silver staff with a dragon head clutching a green jewel rose up out of it.

“So this is that charmer deck of yours?” Kumori noted “I hope it’s not all just for show.”

“You’ll see,” Jamin said “I’ll lay two cards face down and end my turn.”

“There’s something wrong here,” Josh thought “If he wants to kill Jamin he can just as easily shoot him or poison him, he doesn’t need to kill him like this.”

“I guess I’ll take my turn then,” Kumori said.

He looked at the card he’d drawn and grinned.

“I summon Savage Werewolf in attack mode!” He said.

A giant shaggy, black werewolf rose up on Kumori’s field, snarling madly.

“A werewolf?” Jamin muttered “With 1700 attack points?”

“Attack,” Kumori ordered.

“Wynn has more attack points,” Jamin said “So your monster will be destroyed instead.”

Kumori grinned as Wynn fired a whirlwind at Kumori’s monster, destroying it.

“You’re forgetting my monster has an effect,” Kumori said as his life points dropped to 3850 “When my Savage Werewolf is destroyed in battle, I can summon another Werewolf from my hand, and he gets a 500 attack point.”

“What?”

“Behold, Silver Werewolf!” Kumori said.

A new monster rose up on Kumori’s field, this one with a shiny silver coat and pure white eyes; blood was dripping out of its mouth and down its body.

“As you know, Werewolves are killed by silver,” Kumori said “And as such my monster loses 500 attack points at the end of each turn, and he starts off with 2000. And thanks to my Savage Werewolf’s effect he now has 2500, giving him and extra turn.”

“Oh boy,” Jamin muttered.

“Silver Werewolf attack!” Kumori ordered.

Kumori’s monster charged forwards and took a wild slash at Wynn, destroying her and reducing Jamin’s life points to 3350.

“I see,” he said “You risked losing life points to give me even more damage, clever move.”

“It doesn’t just end there,” Kumori said “Because I activate my Wound Share spell card.”

“Huh?”

Kumori placed the card in his duel disk and a larger hologram version of the card flipped open on his field, showing two people grabbing their shoulder.

“With this card’s effect, every time the ATK of one of my monsters drops, you lose the same amount of life points,” Kumori said “And at the end of my turn my Silver Werewolf loses 500 attack points.”

Jamin suddenly grabbed his arm in pain the moment Kumori’s monster lost attack points and Jamin’s own life points dropped to 2850.

“I see,” he muttered “Good thing my cards don’t reduce your monster’s ATK points.”

[spoiler=part 3]Kumori grinned as Jamin drew a card to begin his turn.

“Jamin, be careful,” Kim said.

“I know,” Jamin replied “Just watch.”

He took one card from his hand and placed it face down on his field.

“I’ll summon one monster in defense mode,” he declared.

A face down card hologram appeared in front of him.

“Next I play the spell card Book of Taiyou,” he said “This flips my face down monster face up, and guess who it is.”

A light shone from the card and it flipped open and a younger version of Darc appeared on Jamin’s field.

“Darc the Dark Charmer has a special effect,” Jamin said “When she’s flip summoned, I can take control of any dark attribute monster on your side of the field.”

Kumori didn’t look very impressed by this as his Silver Werewolf turned on him.

“Darc, Silver Werewolf attack,” Jamin ordered.

Dark fired a stream of black smoke at Kumori, reducing his life points to 3350, then the Silver Werewolf lunged forwards and took a slash at him, knocking his life points down to 1350.

“Awesome,” Kim yelled “He’s catching up!”

Jamin smirked slightly and took Darc off his field.

“I send Darc the Dark Charmer and Silver Werewolf to my graveyard,” he said “And summon Familiar Possessed Darc!”

A cloud of smoke enveloped both Darc and the Silver Werewolf. When it cleared an older and more powerful version of Darc appeared in place of the two monsters.

“I guess that makes it your move then,” Jamin said.

“Heh, very well,” Kumori said, drawing a card “In that case I summon Striking Werewolf in attack mode!”

A blue wolf emerged on Kumori’s field, growling viciously.

“Striking Werewolf gains 100 attack points for each Beast-Warrior monster in my graveyard whenever he attacks,” Kumori explained “And since I have two he gains 200 extra attack points when he battles.”

“True,” Jamin said “But that’s not enough to take out Darc.”

“Not until I play my Full Moon field spell,” Kumori said.

“Huh?”

Jamin looked up to see a cloud shift and reveal a large round moon shining down on them.

“My Full Moon field spell grants all Beast-Warrior monsters an extra 300 attack points,” Kumori explained “As well as allowing any Werewolf monsters the ability to automatically destroy a monster when they battle with them if that monster’s ATK is higher.”

“Really now?” Jamin asked “I see.”

“Striking Werewolf attack,” Kumori ordered “Fang Striker!”

Kumori’s monster bounded forwards his ATK rising to 2000. He took one slash at Darc and destroyed her, reducing Jamin’s life points to 2700.

“Heh, I’m not done yet,” Jamin said.

“You soon will be,” Kumori said.

“We’ll see about that,” Jamin said.

Kumori grinned and set one card face down.

“You’re move, Jamin,” he said.

Jamin drew a new card from his deck and nodded.

“I play Double Summon,” he said “This card allows me to conduct my normal summon twice this turn, so I’ll summon Aussa the Earth Charmer and Hand oh Nephthys.”

“It’s coming,” Kumori thought, his expression growing exited.

A girl with short brown hair and glasses and wearing the same tattered coat all other charmers wore as well as a tall Egyptian priestess with a phoenix style headdress emerged onto Jamin’s field.

“Let’s go,” Jamin said “By releasing Hand of Nephthys along with one other monster, I’m allowed to Special Summon my Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys!”

Hand of Nephthys and Aussa were consumed in a pillar of flame and Jamin’s Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys emerged onto the field, uttering a loud screech as the ascended.

“She’s come,” Kumori though excitedly.

“Nephthys attack his Striking Werewolf,” Jamin ordered.

Nephthys dived forwards, aiming for Kumori’s monster. The Striking Werewolf jumped into the air and lashed out, both monsters hitting each other at the same time and shattering.

“What?”

“Didn’t I tell you?” Kumori said as his life points dropped to 850 “Thanks to my Full Moon, any monster that battles a Werewolf monster is automatically destroyed.”

A grin spread across Jamin’s face.

“Is that so?” He asked “Well in that case I’ll end my turn.”

Kumori smirked and drew from his deck. A slightly disappointed expression crossed his face.

“Oh well, looks like I don’t have anything to play,” he shrugged “I guess I’ll have to lay this face down and end.”

Jamin raised an eyebrow but drew his card anyway.

“Then I’ll play my Phoenix’s effect,” Jamin said “Since she was destroyed by the effect of your Full Moon, I can resurrect her!”

A pillar of flame erupted on Jamin’s field and his Sacred Phoenix rose out of it yet again.

“And now for an extra effect,” Jamin said “Since Nephthys was summoned by her effect, all spell and trap cards are destroyed.”

“Doesn’t that include yours?” Kumori asked.

“Nope,” Jamin said “Because I play my face down card, Fake Trap, this card is destroyed in place of my other face down.”

The card flipped up and shattered.

“Now where were we?” Jamin asked “Ah yes, Nephthys!”

Jamin’s monster looked upwards and took off, shooting up like a flaming rocket towards the moon. Kumori followed her progress until she vanished from sight. A few seconds passed and then an explosion tore across the face of the moon, tearing it to shreds.

“And all that’s left if your face down,” Jamin said.

Nephthys shot back down, careering towards Kumori’s face down card.

“Maybe, but I can still activate it first,” Kumori said “Go trap card, A Rival Appears!”

“Huh?”

Kumori’s trap card flipped up and a shaggy brown werewolf emerged out of it just before it shattered. Nephthys landed back on Jamin’s field, staring at the new monster.

“Say hello to my Smiling Werewolf,” Kumori said “A monster that gains 200 ATK for each Beast Warrior in my graveyard.”

Kumori’s monster howled as its ATK rose to 3100

“She’s got more attack points than my phoenix,” Jamin muttered “Good thing I’ve got my Covering Fire Trap card down.”

He looked down at his card and grinned.

“I summon Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV4,” he said.

A small silver dragon emerged on Jamin’s field from a pillar of black flame.

“Your move,” Jamin said.

Kumori grinned and drew a card from his deck.

“Fool,” he thought “He’s so predictable, it’s clear that his face down card is Covering Fire, otherwise he wouldn’t have summoned such a weak monster to defend himself in attack mode. He planning to let Horus destroy my Smiling Werewolf, then at the end of my turn he’ll level up to level 6 and use that to destroy whatever monster I have out, so by next turn he’ll have out his Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8.

“I activate my magic card,” Kumori said “Card Flipper.”

“Huh?”

A hologram of the card flipped up and Kumori sent a card from his hand to the graveyard.

“This card’s effect switched both your monsters into defense mode,” he explained.

Jamin gazed down in horror as both his monsters crouched down, folding their wings in front of them.

“Oh no,” he gasped.

“Smiling Werewolf attack!” Kumori ordered.

Kumori’s monster charged forwards, taking a slash at Horus and destroying him.

“Horus,” Jamin cried.

“And it doesn’t stop there,” Kumori said “When my Smiling Werewolf destroys a monster in defense mode, the difference in their points is dealt as battle damage to you.”

“What?”

Kumori’s monster carried on and took a slash at Jamin. He staggered backwards, his life points dropping to 700.

“Jamin!” Kim cried.

“I’m okay,” Jamin wheezed “No problem.”

He stood up straight again, glaring at Kumori.

“So what will it be?” Kumori asked “Will you surrender to me? I can make your death a lot less painful if you do.”

“Ha, you’re never gonna get that chance,” Jamin said, drawing I play Pot of Greed, allowing me to draw twice.”

He picked up two cards from his deck and grinned.

“I’ll set this card face down and switch my Phoenix into attack mode,” Jamin said.

A face down card appeared behind his phoenix and it rose up, unfurling its wings. Kumori’s eyes narrowed slightly.

“It’s obvious he’s setting a trap,” he thought “How dumb does he think I am? But what trap is he using. Obviously it’s going to activate when I declared my attack and raise his Phoenix’s ATK strength somehow, so it may be something like Reinforcements.”

He drew and activated it.

“I play Pot of Greed, allowing me to draw two cards,”

Jamin yawned as Kumori took two cards from his deck and looked at them.

“My Reverse Spell might work,” he thought “It’ll put his Phoenix’s ATK back down and because it’ll be destroyed in battle my Reverse Spell’s effect won’t destroy it, so she won’t come back.” He grinned “He’s lost this round.

“Snarling Werewolf attack,” Kumori ordered.

Jamin grinned as Kumori’s monster bounded forwards.

“I activate my trap card,” he said.

“I knew it,” Kumori thought smugly.

However his face dropped as he saw what card Jamin had played, Roar of Pride.

“This card raises my monster’s ATK to 300 points more than your monster’s,” Jamin said.

“No way,” Kumori thought “That means that my Reverse Spell won’t work, since Roar of Pride doesn’t raise his monster’s ATK by a fixed amount.”

Nephthys’ eyes glowed as her ATK rose to 2800. She caught the Smiling Werewolf’s attack and countered it, destroying the werewolf and reducing Kumori’s life points to 550.

“We’re almost done here,” Jamin said, grinning.

“Couldn’t agree more,” Kumori laughed, staggering a bit “But you’re the one that’s going to lose.”

Jamin’s grin widened slightly.

“Last time I checked, I destroyed your best monster,” he said “I doubt there’s much you can do now.”

“Ha, you’re overconfidence blinds you,” Kumori said “The key to your defeat is already on the field.”

Jamin’s smiled vanished and he looked up at his Sacred Phoenix.

“Come on,” he said “My own Phoenix won’t destroy me.”

“Oh? Well see about that,” Kumori said “I’ll set one monster in defense mode and end my turn.”

Jamin frowned slightly and drew a new card from his deck.

“Nephthys attack,” he ordered.

Nephthys flew into the air, flapping her golden wings and sending a wave of flame down towards Kumori’s monster, it flipped up to reveal a shaggy grey werewolf that snarled up at the phoenix before it was destroyed.

“Heh, all that big talk of yours is looking pretty pathetic now,” Jamin said.

“Well, let’s see if that’s true or not,” Kumori said.

He drew a card from his deck and his eyes seemed to shine upon looking at it.

“I play my Pot of Avarice,” he said “With this card’s effect; I add five monsters back to my deck shuffle and draw twice.”

Jamin’s eyes narrowed as the five monsters in Kumori’s grave came out and he shuffled them back into his deck before slotting it back into his duel disk and drawing two cards.

“Are you done?” He asked.

“Not quit,” Kumori said “I summon Shouting Werewolf.”

A blue and grey werewolf rose up on Kumori’s field this time.

“He doesn’t have the ATK to get past my phoenix,” Jamin said, grinning.

“That’s why I’m also activating my spell card,” Kumori said “Wolf Howl.”

Kumori’s Shouting Werewolf took a deep breath and then let out an almighty howl, creating a powerful wind that destroyed Jamin’s phoenix.

“Wolf Howl allows me to destroy 1 of my opponent’s monsters if I control a Werewolf monster,” Kumori explained “But I can’t attack with that monster this turn.”

“Are you just plain stupid?” Jamin asked “My phoenix will come back next turn and your monster doesn’t have the ATK to stand up to her, next turn you’ll lose.”

“On the contrary,” Kumori said “Everything is going according to plan.”

Jamin’s eyes narrowed and he drew a card from his deck.

“Rise, Sacred Phoenix!” He cried.

Once again the pillar of flame erupted onto Jamin’s field and his phoenix emerged out of it, singing into the night.

“Looks like I win,” Jamin said “Too bad.”

Kumori began to chuckle softly and then laughed out loud.

“What’s so funny?” Jamin asked.

“Because by summoning that phoenix, you’ve just certified your defeat,” Kumori laughed.

“What?”

Kumori’s Shouting Werewolf growled and opened its jaws wide, taking in a deep breath.

“Wherever a monster is special summoned my Shouting Werewolf’s effect activates,” Kumori explained “And you lose life points equal to 100 times the summoned monster’s level.”

Jamin froze, his smile fading and his eyes widening in horror.

“What?” He mouthed.

“No way,” Josh muttered.

“What’s up?” Kim asked.

“Jamin’s Sacred Phoenix is a level seven monster,” Josh explained “Meaning he takes 700 points of damage.”

Kim’s eyes widened suddenly.

“But he’s only got 700 left,” she cried.

“Exactly!” Kumori cried “Shouting Werewolf, finish him off!”

Jamin’s expression slowly changed to that of terror as the Shouting Werewolf let out another almighty howl, sending a solid blast of sound in Jamin’s direction.

“Jamin!” Kim yelled.

She attempted to run over to him but Josh held her back.

“Look out,” he warned.

A massive explosion tore through the night as the werewolf’s attack hit, creating a shockwave that made even the trees about them bend over slightly. Kumori stood where he was laughing madly as Akuchi watched from behind him.

“I’ve won,” he laughed “Jamin Tsubasa is dead!”

I kinda skimmed through the second part, but the 1st part was really good. I'd like to see more Insect-Type monsters as they don't get used in the anime that often.

Part 2 was also good, I just didn't really "read" the whole thing.

]

I kinda skimmed through the second part' date=' but the 1st part was really good. I'd like to see more Insect-Type monsters as they don't get used in the anime that often.

[/quote']

C'mon Star isn't he your friend be honest. Tell the true.

I have to be honest' date=' this fan-fic bored the hell outta me. You probably won't listen to me but, my advice is add some, Violence, Nudity Pevasive Language & Drug use. [/size']

You know, add all these things that are banned from this forum.

If you didn't get the sarcasm, the fanfictions on this site are intended for all ages. Things such as nudity and drug use aren't allowed.

I have to be honest' date=' this fan-fic bored the hell outta me. You probably won't listen to me but, my advice is add some, Violence, Nudity Pevasive Language & Drug use. [/size']

Hm, maybe if I ever get the inkling to get booted off the forum I might consider it, now quit spamming.

To be honest I'm not happy with most of part 2, it's not exactly the sort of stuff I normally do and I was extremely reluctant to put Kaiba in, plus I don't think I got his personality right either ><...

]

I kinda skimmed through the second part' date=' but the 1st part was really good. I'd like to see more Insect-Type monsters as they don't get used in the anime that often.

[/quote']

He is my friend and I was being Honest (no pun intended).

TO's a great Fan-Fic writer and you shouldn't be spamming this thread with your ridiculous suggestions.

I've used Kaiba in Hidden Legacy Season 1 and I don't know how well I did with his personality.

You should check it out to get an idea.

I know you can get banned.. chill out. I was kidding. You don't have to get all girly. Truthfully, I feel the same way Star does. To make the story more exciting maybe you can add more life to the character. Develop them a little. Maybe add pics for them like God Kaze or even write them Bio. Those things are what attract me to a Fan-Fic.

]
]

[/quote']

He is my friend and I was being Honest (no pun intended).

TO's a great Fan-Fic writer and you shouldn't be spamming this thread with your ridiculous suggestions.

I've used Kaiba in Hidden Legacy Season 1 and I don't know how well I did with his personality.

You should check it out to get an idea.

Stop Crying... I was only joking... I know what Spam is..

Lol, I hate it when that happens, if you're gonna put in the drama of killing people then you're totally gonna kill it by bringing them back to life, I mean how many times did Goku die and come back again? I've only played the games and he's died at least five times, and not when I was beating him :p...

What, you think that's it? I'm nowhere near done yet :p....

[spoiler=Episode 2]

[spoiler=part 1]Kim and Josh stared ahead, hardly daring to believe it.

“Jamin lost?” Kim gasped, her body shaking but her legs refusing to move.

Kumori was still laughing when the smoke cleared, however Jamin’s body was nowhere to be seen.

“What?” Kumori immediately stopped laughing and glanced around “Where is he?”

Akuchi looked up, noticing the cemetery behind where Jamin had been dueling across the lake.

“Perhaps he landed there,” she said “I’ll go check, bye!”

She sped off with surprising speed. Kim turned to chase after her but Josh put a hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t bother,” he muttered.

He turned to glare at Kumori, rage flashing across his face.

“It’s not a very good idea to kill my friends in front of my face,” he said.

“I’m just following orders,” Kumori replied “And I have no orders to kill you, so think yourself lucky.”

Josh’s eyes narrowed dangerously.

Meanwhile Jamin was still very much alive, but barely. There was blood leaking from a wound on his forehead and one of his arms was broken. When the blast hit Jamin’s phoenix has moved in the way and attempted to protect him, however the blast had sent him flying back and crashing into the cemetery, it was a wonder he was even alive. He got to his feet, panting heavily and looked up, his eyes widening as he saw the word ‘Tsubasa’ carved on the grave in front of him.

“My mother’s grave,” he muttered.

He staggered forwards, barely managing to keep upright and collapsed in front of it, breathing heavily.

“Hey,” he said between heavy panting “Guess I finally get to see you again.”

He looked up at the sound of footsteps close by.

“Hello, Mr. Tsubasa-dead-guy?” Came Akuchi’s voice “Where are you.”

Jamin balled his good hand into a fist, hatred boiling up inside him.

“To think someone would want me dead,” he spat.

“You won’t die,”

“Huh?” Jamin looked back at the grave, seeing a black shadow surrounding it “What the heck?”

“It is not time for you to die; I’m not finished with you yet!”

Jamin’s eyes widened in horror.

“A spirit,” he muttered “Not just any spirit, the spirit that killed my mother.”

He raised his fist and gritted his teeth, rage flying through him. Without waiting another second he threw a punch at the gravestone and smashed it with one blow. A small wooden box tumbled out of the wreckage as Jamin yelled in pain. He looked down at the box and reached for it, his bleeding hand trembling. With shaking fingers he opened it and saw the card that was inside.

“This is…” He gasped as the shadows flew out of the box and wrapped around him “My mothers….My card….”

“I’ll save your life,” Vandalgyon said “But you will regret it.”

Jamin gasped as he felt the darkness overpower him.

Akuchi wandered between the gravestones, looking around like a curious child. She glanced up and her face brightened as she saw Jamin standing in front of the remains of Shia Tsubasa’s grave.

“Found you,” she chimed.

Jamin didn’t reply he merely looked over at her, a slight frown on her face.

“You’re supposed to be dead,” Akuchi said “Looks like I’ll have to finish it.”

Jamin turned to face her and raised his duel disk, his breathing calm all of a sudden, all signs of bleeding still on his face but no sign of a wound. His duel disk activated, the whirl of the hologram generators cut the silence and the field lit up. Akuchi raised her own duel disk, grinning childishly.

“I draw,” she said “Now go, Sai-B0rg M095!”

A girl with blond hair and wearing white armor with a pair of shuttle-like wings and a very large white rifle materialized on Akuchi’s field.

“A Sai-B0rg deck, huh,” Jamin muttered.

“Next I special summon Sai-B0rg X103,” she said.

A small girl with metal wings and a large rifle on one arm appeared on Akuchi’s field this time; she was crouched down with both arms crossed in front of her.

“Since I controlled another Sai-B0rg monster, I can special summon X103 from my hand,” Akuchi explained “And as long as she remains face up, my M095 can’t be destroyed in battle.”

“Is that so?” Jamin replied.

He didn’t smirk but merely drew a card from his deck.

“I’ve always wanted to duel that charmer deck of yours,” Akuchi thought “Soon you’ll be overpowered by my army of cyborgs.”

Jamin took a card from his deck and summoned it to his field.

“I summon Dark Fire Hiita,” he said.

“Huh?”

Hiita rose up on Jamin’s field, however she looked very different. Her hair was darker and her jacket was jet black. She also carried a long black sword in one hand.

“When Dark Fire Hiita destroys a monster in battle I can remove one card in my deck from play and you lose life points equal to your monster’s higher stat.”

“Hah, but my M095 can’t be destroyed in battle,” Akuchi said, sounding a little nervous.

“That’s okay,” Jamin said “It’s not her I’m aiming for.”

Hiita raised her sword and flames sprang up along it. She charged forwards and took a swipe out of Akuchi’s monster, destroying it.

“Now I remove Cyber Ouroboros in my deck from play,” Jamin said “And you lose 500 life points.”

Jamin took the card from his deck and placed it in his deck box. Hiita look up at Akuchi and swung at her with her flaming sword, dropping her life points to 3500. She jumped back to Jamin’s field, glaring at Akuchi.

“Cyber Ouroboros’ effect now activates,” Jamin said “I send Dark Horus in my hand to the grave and draw one card.”

Jamin sent a card from his hand to his grave and drew a new one from his deck.

“Next I’ll lay this card face down and end my turn,” he said.

A face down card appeared behind Hiita and Jamin lowered his duel disk. Akuchi drew a card from her deck, staring up at Jamin.

“There’s something different about him,” she thought “He just removed a monster from play and sent another to his grave without a second thought, maybe…” She shook her head and looked down at her hand. “His Hiita has 1850 attack points,” she thought “When my M095 attacks I can lower that by 300, meaning I can destroy her.”

She took a card from her hand and placed it on the field.

“I summon Sai-B0rg U843,” she said.

A woman with white hair and a blue suit with several wires leading off her rose on Akuchi’s field.

“Since I control two Sai-B0rg monsters, she can’t be selected as an attack target,” Akuchi explained “And now, when my M095 attacks, your monster loses 300 attack points.”

“Whatever,” Jamin replied.

Akuchi hesitated.

“His face down must be a trap,” she muttered “Perhaps it might weaken one of my monsters, if he’s acting so casually to his monster’s ATK dropping like that then it must be.

“I activate Cyborg Twins,” Akuchi said “By using this card; I increase the ATK of my M095 by the ATK of my U843.”

M095’s ATK suddenly rose 3200.

“Go,” Akuchi ordered “Attack his Dark Fire Hiita.”

M095 raised her rifle and fired a succession of blasts at Jamin’s field, clouding it in smoke and dust.

“I play my trap card,” Jamin said “Dark Fire Art.”

“Dark Fire Art?”

“I can activate this card by sending one card from my deck to the graveyard,” Jamin explained “And then any Fire monsters I control gains ATK equal to that monster’s.”

“But she’s a Dark monster,” Akuchi protested.

“She’s treated as a fire monster,” Jamin corrected her.

He took Black Water Eria from his deck and sent her to the graveyard, and then Hiita’s ATK rose to 3700. She raised her sword and swung it, slicing through M095’s attack and cutting her in half with a blade of flame. She screamed before shattering and Akuchi’s life points dropped to 3000.

“And don’t forget her effect,” Jamin said, taking a card from his deck and removing it “Now you lose life points equal to your monster’s ATK.”

Hiita swung her sword again, hitting Akuchi with another wave of flame and reducing her life points to 1300. She staggered backwards, panting heavily.

“I’m not done,” she said.

“You soon will be,” Jamin said, drawing a card.

“Since I now only have one Sai-B0rg monster, my U843 gains 500 ATK,” Akuchi said.

Jamin looked up as U843’s ATK rose to 2000.

“That’ll be a problem,” he muttered “Fine, I switch Hiita to defense mode, and summon Shadow Earth Aussa in defense mode.”

Hiita crouched down and Aussa appeared next to her, wearing the same black coat and wielding a heavy looking mace.

“I’ll also play Foolish Burial,” he said “And send Ultimate Shadow Darc to my grave.”

Jamin took Ultimate Shadow Darc from his deck and send her to the grave as well.

“Now I’ll remove her and Eria from play and send Dark Nephthys to the grave,” he said.

“What’s with all the monster’s he’s sending to the graveyard,” Akuchi muttered.

“I’ll end my turn,” Jamin said.

Akuchi gulped and drew a card from her deck.

“This trap ought to help,” she thought “But first I’ll need to reinforce my field.”

She looked up at Jamin’s field.

“I play Sai-B0rg Repair Unit,” she said “This allows me to special summon my M095 in defense mode.”

Akuchi’s M095 rose up on her field, her arms crossed in front of her.

“Next I equip her with Sai-B0rg Hibernation,” she said “Meaning she can’t be destroyed in battle.”

Jamin didn’t reply.

“Next I sacrifice my U843,” she said “In order to summon Sai-B0rg S41K!”

A girl with neat brown hair, a set of metal wings that seemed to have torn out of her back and a long black metal blade on one arm arose on Akuchi’s field.

“Since a Sai-B0rg monster was released, her ATK doubles,” Akuchi said as her monster’s ATK rose to 2000 “And since I control another Sai-B0rg monster she can attack twice.”

S41K’s body glowed and emitted a strange humming nose. She shot forwards and cut both Jamin’s monsters in half, destroying them.

“I’ll set one card face down and end,” Akuchi said.

“Very well,” Jamin said.

He drew a new card from his deck.

“Just you wait,” Akuchi thought “As soon as you summon a monster I’ll play my trap and you’ll be finished.”

“I special summon Dark Nephthys from my grave,” Jamin said.

A black flame erupted on Jamin’s field and Nephthys rose out, however her golden armor had become black and her eyes were now red.

“Excellent,” Akuchi thought.

“Now I destroy your face down,” Jamin said.

“Huh?”

Akuchi looked down as her trap card shattered.

“When I send Dark Nephthys to the graveyard with her effect I can resurrect her next turn,” Jamin explained “And destroy one face down card of my choice.”

“No way,” Akuchi gasped.

“Dark Nephthys attack,” Jamin ordered.

Nephthys rose into the air, sending shards of black flame down on Akuchi’s field and destroying her Sai-B0rg S41K. Akuchi screamed as the flames hit her and her life points dropped to 900.

“I’ll lay one card face down,” Jamin said “And end my turn.”

Akuchi looked up at him nervously.

“What the heck happened to him?” She thought “It’s like he’s gone psycho.”

Her eyes widened as she saw something hovering behind Jamin. Something that looked like a large black demon with huge wings and glowing violet eyes. Akuchi’s jaw dropped in horror and she stood frozen to the spot.

“It can’t be,” she muttered.

“Something wrong?” Jamin asked.

Akuchi looked down at him, seeing his serious face.

“That monster’s done something to him,” she thought “I only have 1 chance left.”

She drew a card from her deck and looked at it.

“I play my spell card Installing Upgrades,” Akuchi said “By releasing M095, I can special summon another Sai-B0rg monster from my…”

“Reverse card open,” Jamin interrupted her “Dark Bribe.”

“Huh?”

“You get to draw a card,” Jamin said “But your spell is negated.”

Akuchi bit her lip and drew from her deck.

“Now I special summon Dark Ruler Vandalgyon!”

“What?”

Jamin held his card up and a bolt of lightning shot from it into the cloudy sky. The clouds lit up with thunder as the monster Akuchi had seen descended upon Jamin’s field, lightning crackling about him. Akuchi stared up in horror as the monster descended.

“Dark Ruler Vandalgyon,” Jamin said “Can be special summoned when I negate one of my opponent’s card effects with a counter trap. And he activated another effect depending on which one.”

A grin crossed Jamin’s face.

“And you chose poorly,” Jamin said “Because now you lose 1500 life points, which means you lose.”

Kim looked over at the cemetery as a bolt of lightning flew into the sky.

“What was that?” Josh asked.

Kumori looked up, a slightly worried expression on his face.

“Something’s coming,” he muttered.

Kim’s eyes widened with horror as she saw the great black monster descend onto the field.

“No way,” she gasped.

Josh looked down at her to see her frozen to the spot, shaking.

“Let’s go,” he said.

Kim snapped out of her trance and hurried after him. Kumori hesitated and followed, gritting his teeth. The entered the Cemetery to see Jamin walking past a small charred corpse.

“Akuchi!” Kumori cried in horror.

Jamin stared up at Kumori; however his face was blank except for a slight frown.

“Jamin,” Josh gasped “What did you do?”

“Get out of my way,” Jamin said.

“Jamin,” Kim said “This isn’t the time to.”

Jamin raised his duel disk, a slight breeze picking up as he did so.

“I said get out of my way,” he said calmly “Or I’ll make you.”

[spoiler=part 2]Kim stared at him, hardly daring to believe what she was seeing.

“Jamin,” she began.

“I won’t repeat myself,” Jamin said.

Kim’s eyes narrowed and she raised her duel disk.

“Kim, what are you…?”

“I don’t know what Kumori’s done to him but I’m going to put it right,” Kim said.

“Hey I didn’t do anything,” Kumori protested “I was just trying to kill him.”

“Quiet!” Kim yelled.

Kumori immediately stopped talking, a look of surprise showing on both his and Josh’s face.

“Whatever darkness has got hold of Jamin there’s only one was to put it right,” Kim said.

Josh’s expression hardened.

“In that case let me duel him,” he said “I’m a far better duelist than you and…”

“No!” Kim said “I’m doing it; I’m not going to stand by and watch you two try to beat each other up again.”

Josh opened his mouth to say something but the look Kim was giving him made him shut it again. Kim looked back at Jamin, a pleading look in her eyes.

“Why?” She asked “Why did you let yourself fall into darkness? You’re stronger than this, please.”

Jamin merely stared at her.

“Seeing my mother’s grave forced me to realize the truth,” he said.

“Huh?”

“Spirits think of us as nothing more than their tools for whatever they wish to achieve, whether they be good or evil,” Jamin said “My mother was used as a tool for the selfish desires of a spirit, Josh was used for the selfish desires of Zorc and even me. I was forced to save the word by the spirits in my deck!”

Kim looked shocked and even close to tears.

“Well no more,” Jamin said “Because now they’re my tools, I won’t be controlled any longer.”

“Jamin, listen to yourself,” Kim said “Wasn’t it you who always trusted your deck more than any of us? Didn’t you always say that in a duel your deck is your best friend? You saved the world because they helped you…”

“No,” Jamin interrupted her “They used me, and now I use them.”

Kim was lost for words, unable to take in what Jamin was saying. She recovered her composure and drew five cards from her deck, Jamin mimicked her.

“I’ll start,” Kim said “I’ll summon Birdface in defense mode and end.”

Kim’s monster appeared in front of her, its wings folded over. Jamin drew a card from his deck and placed it in his hand.

“I summon Black Water Eria,” he said.

A torrent of water appeared on Jamin’s field and dissipated, revealing his monster. It looked just like regular Eria except her hair was dark blue and her coat was also black, she also carried a long black trident in one hand with a spear head at the other end.

“Eria attack,” Jamin ordered.

Eria rushed forwards and thrust her trident at Birdface, destroying it with a single blow.

“I play Birdface’s effect,” Kim said “And add Harpie Lady #1 to my hand.”

“Really?” Jamin asked “In that case I’ll play Eria’s effect.”

“Huh?”

“I’ll remove Cyber Ouroboros in my deck from play,” Jamin said “And then I’ll send the Harpie Lady 1 you just added to your hand to the graveyard.”

“Huh?”

Kim looked down at her card and reluctantly sent it to the grave.

“Now Cyber Ouroboros’ effect activates,” Jamin said “And I’ll send Dark Horus from my hand to my grave and draw a new card.”

Jamin sent his monster to the graveyard and drew a new card from his deck.

“This isn’t like Jamin at all,” Josh thought “He’s throwing his monsters around without a care in the world. Something’s definitely happened to him.”

He glared closer at Jamin and the image of Dark Ruler Vandalgyon swam in front of him. He gasped, retreating backwards and staring in horror at the monster behind Jamin.

“It can’t be,” Josh muttered “Isn’t that his mother’s card?”

Jamin glanced over at Josh then returned his attention to Kim.

“That’s got to be it,” Josh thought “Jamin’s been after Vandalgyon since his mother died, and now that he’s weak Vandalgyon took the opportunity to infiltrate Jamin and feed of his darkness. He’s sure one mean spirit.”

“I’ll lay one card face down and end,” Jamin said, placing a face down card behind Eria.

Kim drew a card from her deck, taking a deep breath.

“Keep calm,” she told herself “If you concentrate you can win this.

“I summon Cyber Harpie,” Kim said.

A gust of wind blew on Kim’s field and her Cyber Harpie emerged onto her field.

“Cyber Harpie is treated as Harpie Lady,” Kim said “Meaning I can play Elegant Egotists and summon Harpie Lady Sisters!”

Another gust of wind blew on Kim’s field and the three Harpie Lady Sisters appeared, giggling girlishly.

“Go, attack Black Water Eria,” Kim ordered.

Kim’s Harpie Lady Sisters dived towards Eria. She raised her trident and managed to deflect one attack, however another of the Harpie Lady’s slashed her in the back with her talons and Eria was destroyed. Jamin’s life points dropped to 3900.

“Now Cyber Harpie, direct attack,” Kim ordered.

Kim’s second monster charged forwards, raising her talons to strike.

“I play my trap card,” Jamin said “Dark Drain.”

“Huh?”

“By removing one monster in my deck from play I can reduce the amount of damage I take by that monster’s ATK,” Jamin explained “And I remove Dark Fire Hiita.”

Cyber Harpie’s attack hit, however Jamin’s life points didn’t go down.

“I’ll lay one card face down and end,” Kim said.

Jamin silently drew a new card from his deck and placed it in his hand. He examined his hand for a few minutes before selecting a card from it.

“I play Lightning Vortex,” he said “By sending Shadow Earth Aussa to my grave; all your monsters are destroyed.”

Kim let out a yell as two bolts of lightning crashed down onto her field and destroyed both her monsters.

“Now I summon Ultimate Shadow Darc.”

Darc appeared on Jamin’s field in a pillar of mist, her coat also black and a large black scythe in one hand.

“Attack,” Jamin ordered.

Darc rushed forwards and took a swipe at Kim, reducing her life points to 2150.

“Kim, you okay?” Josh asked.

“I’m fine,” Kim replied “I just.”

She suddenly coughed violently and blood flew out of her mouth to the floor.

“Jamin!” Josh turned to glare at him “What the heck do you think you’re doing, that attack could’ve killed her.”

Jamin looked over at him but didn’t reply.

“I can’t believe you let this happen to you,” Josh said “You of all people.”

Jamin still didn’t reply.

“What the heck is wrong with you!” Josh yelled.

Jamin turned away, looking back over at Kim as she prepared to begin her move.

“There is nothing wrong with me,” he replied “So be quiet.”

Josh glared at him for a second.

“I don’t get it,” Kumori thought “He’s supposed to be dead, that attack should have killed him…”

The he remembered a second before his attack hit, Jamin’s Phoenix moving in the way and taking the blast.

“Wait, maybe this explains it,” he thought “His phoenix is like the core of his deck and when she tried to save him she was heavily damaged, thus making Jamin weaker and allowing for this new spirit to infiltrate and take Nephthys’ place as his main spirit monster.”

He continued to stare at Jamin, a look of slight anger crossing his face.

“I guess I underestimated his abilities,” he thought “I’ll have to deal with him later then.”

Kim drew a new card and looked at it, still determined to beat Jamin.

“I’ll send Harpie Queen from my hand to the grave,” Kim said “And add Harpie’s Hunting ground to my hand. Next I play my face down, Hysteric Party and resurrect my Harpie Queen!”

A gust of wind blew onto Kim’s field and the Harpie Queen rose from the ground in front of Kim, floating just above the floor on her field.

“Next I play my Harpie’s Hunting ground,” Kim said “Giving her an extra 200 ATK.”

The cemetery vanished and was replaced by a field of grass and dirt. Kim’s monster glowed green and her ATK rose to 2100.

“Now attack,” Kim ordered.

Kim’s monster flew forwards and took a swipe at Darc, snapping her Scythe in two and sending her flying backwards. Darc shattered and Jamin’s life points dropped to 3650. Jamin barely even reacted and continued to stare at Kim. She hesitated for a second and then lowered her duel disk.

“I end my turn,” she said.

“Very well,” Jamin replied, drawing a card from his deck.

“I’ll summon Night Wind Wynn in defense mode,” Jamin said.

Wynn appeared in a hurricane on Jamin’s field, wearing a black coat like the rest of the dark charmers. She also carried a pair of black fan blades that where crossed in front of her.

“I’ll end my turn there,” Jamin said.

“Fine then,” Kim drew a new card from her deck.

“Kim be careful,” Josh said “Jamin’s not himself so you have no idea what he’s planning.”

“It’s okay,” Kim replied “I know what I’m doing.”

“Heh, she has absolutely no idea what she’s doing,” Kumori thought.

Kim looked back at Jamin, the same determined expression on her face.

“So, you’re not giving up then,” Jamin commented.

“No way,” Kim said “I’ve been together with you for far too long to give up on your like this. We’ve been friends for nearly ten years now, why did this have to happen?”

Jamin merely stared at her and then bowed his head.

“Because I hate destiny,” he said.

“Huh?”

Kim looked at Jamin and saw he was shaking slightly; a tear rolled down his cheek and fell to the floor.

“Because of this stupid destiny of mine people had to die,” he said “My mother, Diablo, Mashi-Ushi and too many others we don’t even know about.”

He opened his eyes again, staring at Kim.

“And all because of these spirits,” he said “If these spirits had never existed, never used me; we’d still live a normal life. I’d be free from all this chaos and war about me, but no, I just had to be the one they chose and I didn’t even get a say in it.”

“Jamin,” Kim began “You idiot!”

Jamin looked slightly taken aback.

“If spirits didn’t exist where would I be?” She asked “I’m a spirit too, and most of your friends are spirits. Without the spirit world this world would be dead, with the world of technology and the world of magic we have an equal balance. You can’t really want all this, is that card your mother had, it’s controlling you somehow.”

Jamin paused for a moment, silent.

“Jamin?” Kim asked.

“That’s right,” Jamin said.

Kim’s face lightened up.

“You are a spirit, and as a spirit I shall destroy you,” Jamin said.

“What?” Kim’s smile dropped “No, that’s not what I meant.”

“Just make your move,” Jamin said.

Kim stared in horror at Jamin before her eyes narrowed.

“Then I guess there’s no other way,” she muttered “Harpie Queen, attack.”

Kim’s monster flew forwards and slashed at Jamin’s monster. Night Wind Wynn screamed in pain before she shattered and Kim’s monster settled back onto her field.

“Jamin, I’m going to win this duel,” Kim said “No matter what it takes.”

Jamin didn’t reply. Kim glared at him for a moment and then took a card from her hand.

“I summon Flying Kamikari in defense mode,” she said.

A large green bug with large orange eyes emerged on Kim’s field, its four arms crossed in front of it.

“Then I’ll end my turn,” Kim said.

Jamin placed a hand on his deck and drew a new card.

“I summon The Dark Creator,” he said.

“Huh?”

A bolt of black lightning crashed down on Jamin’s field and a black version of The Creator exploded onto his field, towering above Kim’s monsters.

“How can you summon such a powerful monster without releasing anything?” Kim asked.

“Because, when I have exactly five dark monsters in my graveyard I can special summon The Dark Creator from my hand.”

“What?” Kim looked taken aback.

“And now I play Pot of Greed, and draw two cards,” Jamin said.

Kim bit her lip slightly.

“Finally I’ll play my Dark Creator’s effect,” Jamin said “By removing Ultimate Shadow Darc from my grave, I can special summon Dark Horus!”

The Dark Creator opened his arms wide and a massive black orb began to build up in front of him. It grew bigger and bigger until a black version of Horus the Black Flame Dragon exploded out of it, letting out an almighty roar.

“You have got to be kidding me,” Kim gasped.

“Next I’ll remove Black Water Eria and Night Wind Wynn from play,” Jamin said “And send Dark Nephthys from my hand to the grave.”

Jamin’s two monsters rolled out of his graveyard and he took them out before replacing them with his Dark Nephthys.

“Now Creator, attack her Harpie Queen,” Jamin ordered.

The Creator raised his arms again and fired a bolt of black thunder towards Kim’s monster, destroying it. She staggered back from the damage she took.

“Now Horus, destroy her Flying Kamikari,” Jamin continued.

The great black dragon rose into the air and fired a stream of pitch black flames towards Kim’s field, destroying the Flying Kamikari.

“You’ve activated my monster’s effect,” Kim said “And now I can summon Whirlwind Prodigy!”

A gust of wind blew on Kim’s field and her Whirlwind Prodigy appeared in front of her.

“I’ll lay one card face down and end,” Jamin said.

Kim took a deep breath and her hand hovered above her deck.

“I have to win this,” she thought “So whatever card I draw next will do it for me, one way or the other.”

She placed her hand on her deck and drew.

“Let’s go,” she said “I release my Whirlwind Prodigy to summon my Bird of Divinity!”

Kim’s giant green bird rose up in a tornado on her field, letting out an almighty screech.

“Thanks to my field spell, Simorgh gains 200 ATK,”

Simorgh glowed green and his ATK rose to 2900.

“He may not be a match for your Horus, but he’s more than a match for that Creator,” Kim said “Go, attack!”

Kim monster flapped its mighty wings and sent a hurricane towards the Creator. The monster was sucked up in the whirlwind and destroyed, reducing Jamin’s life points to 3050.

[spoiler=part 3]Kim and Jamin continued to stare at each other, both remaining perfectly silent.

“I’ll lay this card face down,” Kim said “And now at the end of my turn my monster’s effect activates and we both lose 1000 life points unless we control two spell or traps.”

Kim’s bird let out a screech and opened its massive wings, creating a hurricane. Kim’s face down flipped up to protect her along with her field spell card.

“Since you only have one face down you lose 500 life points,” Kim said.

“I don’t think so,” Jamin replied solemnly “I play my face down card, Solemn Judgment.”

“W-what?” Kim cried.

“I pay half my life points,” Jamin said “And negate your monster’s effect.”

Jamin’s life points dropped to 1525 and Kim’s bird of divinity exploded.

“No!” Kim cried.

“That’s not all,” Jamin said “Because now I can summon Dark Ruler Vandalgyon!”

Josh’s eyes widened in horror as a massive thunderstorm built up in the sky overhead. Kim looked up to see the massive black dragon descending onto Jamin’s field where it landed, looming over Kim’s field.

“No way,” she gapsed.

“Since my Dark Ruler was summoned by negating a monster effect I can special summon a monster from my graveyard.”

Another bolt of thunder crashed down on Jamin’s field and the ground cracked and a pillar of flame shot out of it and his Dark Creator rose onto the field

“He’s got three high level monsters on the field,” Kumori muttered.

“This can’t be happening,” Josh muttered.

“It’s okay,” Kim thought “I can still win, my face down card is Mirror Force, if he attacks I can destroy all his monsters, then I can use my Harpie Lady #1 to attack him and win.”

“My draw,” Jamin said, taking a card from his deck “And no I play my Dark Nephthys’ effect.”

A pillar of black flame erupted out of the ground on Jamin’s field and his phoenix rose out of it, sending flames flying all over the field and destroying Kim’s Harpie’s Hunting Ground spell.

“It’s okay,” she told herself “It’s not over yet.”

“This duel is over,” Jamin said.

Kim’s eyes narrowed.

“I activate the spell card Dark Fusion!” Jamin continued.

“Dark Fusion!”

“It can’t be,” Josh cried.

A black hole opened in the sky above Jamin and The Dark Creator, Dark Horus and Dark Nephthys flew into it.

“He’s fusing them,” Kim gasped “Don’t tell me, he’s…”

“Show yourself!” Jamin commanded “Yamika, Deity of the Dark Dimension!”

A black figure began to descend slowly onto Jamin’s field, black smoke rising off him. He landed softly next to the Dark Ruler Vandalgyon and stood up to his full and considerable height. He looked exactly like Kamika, Horus’ head, the Creator’s body, a sword and shield that looked like the Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys and three pairs of wings each belonging to the Creator, Horus and Nephthys. The only difference was his eyes were dark blue and the rest of his armor was black.

“It can’t be,” Kim gasped “A dark version of Kamika?”

“Thanks to Yamika’s effect, all your monsters lose 300 ATK for each card I’ve removed from play,” Jamin said “But since you don’t have any monsters that hardly matters right now.”

Kim took a step back, shaking slightly as Jamin raised his arm to declare his attack.

“Thanks to the effect of Dark Fusion, Yamika is unaffected by trap cards this turn.”

“What?” Kim cried.

“Yamika, attack,” Jamin ordered, bringing his arm down “Destroy her!”

“Kim, look out!” Josh yelled.

Yamika raised his massive black sword and brought it down, striking the ground and cracking it, sending several waves of energy shooting out along the ground, crisscrossing and branching off each other. A few shot straight towards Kim and went right through her, causing her to scream in pain as her life points dropped to zero. Almost as soon as it had begun the attack stopped, however there were still scorch marks along the ground and several long cuts across Kim’s body. She staggered for a second and then collapsed to the ground, breathing heavily.

“Kim!”

Josh ran over to her, kneeling down beside her.

“You alright?” He asked.

“I guess I screwed up,” she said weakly.

Kumori looked over at Jamin, he merely stood there silent, and staring at the aftermath as his monsters vanished from in front of him. Then he turned his back on them and began walking away.

“Wait, Jamin!” Josh yelled, getting to his feet.

Jamin stopped but didn’t turn around.

“Are you just going to leave her like that?” Josh asked “What the heck is wrong with you, she’s your friend.”

“She’s one of them,” Jamin replied “She’s a spirit, and I hate spirits.”

“How can you say that?” Josh asked “You’re the one who always trusted his cards the most.”

“They used me!” Jamin yelled back “They used me like a tool and I refuse to be used any longer.”

“Jamin…” Josh tried to say something but stopped, rage building up within him “I can’t believe you!”

“Then don’t,” Jamin said.

Josh glared at him before reaching for something behind him.

“If my destiny is to save the world then I’ll do it on my own terms,” Jamin said “If I annihilate every spirit there is then there’ll be no more…”

He turned round and faltered, seeing Josh pointing a handgun towards him, tears of rage rolling down his cheeks. They paused, staring at each other for a long time, perfectly silent.

“You wouldn’t,” Jamin said.

“I will,” Josh replied.

Without another word Josh squeezed the trigger and the sound of a gunshot tore through the silence that had settled over the night. Time seemed to slow down for a moment as Jamin felt an incredible pain pass through his chest. He stared down at the blood leaking from the bullet hole as he felt his strength leave him and he fell to the floor. Josh stood still for a moment, panting heavily.

“God damn it!” He yelled, chucking the gun as far as he could.

He whirled around and grabbed Kumori by the collar, glaring at him like a wild animal.

“You!” He yelled “This is your fault! What did you do to him? Tell me!”

Kumori tried to break Josh’s grip but it was too strong.

“I didn’t do anything,” Kumori said “Let go of me!”

“Liar!” Josh roared “You did something to him now tell me what it was.”

“I didn’t do anything,” Kumori said “My orders were to kill him and I nearly did if it weren’t for that damned phoenix of his.”

“Phoenix?” Josh’s grip slackened and Kumori broke free.

He dropped to the floor and turned about to sprint off. Josh dived after him and pinned him to the ground, pulling his arm up behind him.

“Argh, get off!” Kumori yelled “That hurts!”

“That’s the idea,” Josh replied “Now finish what you where about to say.”

Kumori struggled for a bit before he realized Josh wasn’t about to let him go a second time and heaved a sigh of defeat.

“Just before my attack hit his phoenix moved in front and took the blow instead,” he explained “I suppose it was the impact against her that sent him flying, but then that left her weak so something else could get in, and he just happened to land by that card.”

Josh looked over to the ground where Dark Ruler Vandalgyon was lying, having fallen off Jamin’s duel disk.

“My guess is it’s been after him for some time,” Kumori said “And used this opportunity to get inside him.” He paused for a bit “Is there anything in Jamin’s past that might create a darkness for that card to feed off?”

“Yeah,” Josh replied “His mother was killed by that very same spirit and I’m guessing its forcing him to blame all other spirits for his mother’s death.”

“Tch, how original,” Kumori chuckled.

He yelled in pain as Josh pushed Kumori’s arm up his back.

“Ow! Hey, I’ve told you all I know now get off me!” Kumori yelled.

Jamin opened his eyes and looked upwards. The pain in his chest seemed to have vanished and there was something hard beneath him, yet he felt as though he was floating. Above him the sky was black, no stars or clouds, just darkness. He sat up and looked around, seeing that he was in a small wooden boat floating along a black lake with candles floating on the surface.

“What the heck?” He muttered.

He looked up to see an ancient looking gateway ahead, the boat seemed to be moving there of its own accord.

“Don’t tell me,” Jamin muttered.

He stood up, rocking the boat slightly and looking around. The lake seemed endless and looked as though it connected to the sky on the horizon. There were no exits. He looked down at the black water.

“Only one thing for it then,” he muttered.

He gritted his teeth and dived in, ice cold water immediately surrounding him and almost chocking him to death, luckily though he was already dead. He swam downwards, seeing a light glimmering at the bottom.

“There,” he thought “That’s got to be the way out.”

He continued to swim towards it. However as he got close the current seemed to begin sucking him down.

“What the…”

A whirlpool formed and he felt himself falling towards the light, getting faster and faster. He suddenly found himself able to breathe as he fell and the feeling of ice cold water vanished. He managed to turn around in mid air and saw something flying towards him. A golden bird that seemed to be made of metal with great golden wings, a pair of thin arms and a great tail of flame behind her.

“Nephthys?” Jamin muttered.

“Jamin, hold on,” Nephthys spoke.

Just before the phoenix reached him another creature burst onto the scene, throwing the phoenix aside.

“Leave him, he is mine,” Vandalgyon said.

“I will not let you corrupt him any longer,” Nephthys said.

She let out a screech and flew towards the great black dragon. Fire and Thunder clashed and the two monsters tossed each other about in the air, tearing at each other with talon, claw and whatever else they could use, attempting to get past their opponent towards Jamin.

Jamin watched this spectacle as he fell, his eyes wide with horror.

“Nephthys,” he muttered “Is trying to save me.”

He continued to watch as the creature clawed at each other, the roars and screeches filling the void with a racket of sound.

“You are no match for me,” Vandalgyon said “I control you now!”

“In the spirit word the one with the stronger soul winds!” Nephthys replied.

She burst into flames and let out a mighty screech as she flew towards Vandalgyon. At the same time Vandalgyon opened his palm and began charging a powerful ball of lightning within it. He thrust his hand forwards as Nephthys approached and the two attacks hit each other, creating the most almighty shockwave Jamin had ever experienced.

“Nephthys!” He cried as he was thrown further and further down.

He’d lost track of how far down he’d fallen, he seemed to be going on endlessly through a void of nothingness.

“This can’t be how it ends,” he muttered “I won’t accept this; there must be a way out!”

As soon as he yelled this ground came up to meet him and he hit it with a thud, however he felt no pain even after falling so far and so fast. He got up to his feet and looked around him; however he could see nothing but a thick white mist all around.

“Where am I?” He muttered.

He looked around for a few moments more and saw something in the mist. The fog cleared and a tall figure wearing a black rose stood in front of him, his face hidden by shadow. Jamin stared at this figure for a moment, confused by his presence.

“You wish for a way out?” The figure asked in a deep voice.

“Yes,” Jamin nodded.

“Then you have only one chance,”

The figure raised a skeletal hand and lowered his hood, revealing a skull beneath it.

“You must play Death and win,”

Episode 3 part 1 is up, first part of the final episode, enjoy.

[spoiler=Episode 3]

[spoiler=Part 1]

Jamin stared at the figure in front of him. His face was a skull, his hand was nothing but bone and he was sure that if the figure took his cloak off there would be a skeleton beneath it.

“If you wish to escape from here, you must play Death and win,” the figure said.

“That sounds far too simple;” Jamin said “There’s got to be a catch.”

“Oh there is,” Death replied “I never lose.”

Jamin’s eye narrowed slightly, however a smirk crossed his face.

“Well, let’s end that winning streak then,” he said.

Death raised a skeletal arm with a bone style duel disk attached, Jamin raised his own and both life points set to 4000. Death drew from his deck and placed the card in his hand.

“Witness,” he said “Your inevitable defeat, I summon Darkness Eye in defense mode.”

A large eye attached to a stalk rose up on Death’s field, staring at Jamin.

“Now that’s just freaky,” Jamin muttered.

Death took another card from his hand and the field zone slid out of his duel disk.

“Next I activate the field spell Darkness,” he said.

He placed the card in his field slot and the mist vanished, replaced by a black void with nothing to see except the two duelists. Jamin gazed about for a second before turning his attention back to Death.

“With this card’s effect, I take Zero, Infinity, Darkness 1, Darkness 2, and Darkness 3 and place them face down at random,”

Five face down cards appeared on Death’s field.

“Thanks to my field spell I’m not allowed to look at them, but at the end of my turn I can rearrange them at random,” Death explained.

“I see,” Jamin muttered “But that won’t stop me taking out your weird eye thing, my draw.”

Jamin drew from his deck and looked at it.

“My cards are still infected by Vandalgyon,” he thought, staring at his hand “I guess I’ll just have to play this the evil way.

“I summon Ultimate Shadow Darc!” Jamin said.

The scythe wielding Darc rose up on Jamin’s field in a cloud of smoke.

“You like darkness well how’s this?” Jamin asked “Darc, destroy that eyes!”

Darc charged forwards and raised her scythe.

“I play my two face downs,” Death said “Zero and Infinity!”

“Huh?”

Death’s two face down cards flipped up about one card space apart.

“What the heck is this?” Jamin muttered.

“Now I activate the card between them,” Death said “Darkness 1, activate.”

The card between them flipped up and a beam of light shot out of it and hit Darc, destroying her.

“What?”

“Darkness 1 destroys one monster when it’s activated,” Death explained “And then for each other Darkness continued trap I control, another is destroyed.”

Jamin glared at him for a moment before taking another card from his hand.

“I set one card face down and end my turn,” he said.

A face down appeared in front of Jamin. Death’s trap cards flipped down and vanished, reappearing at random.

“If he keeps using those traps my monsters are gonna get massacred,” Jamin thought “I need a way to destroy them.”

“I activate my Darkness Eye’s effect,” Death said “Allowing me to summon a monster without Releasing anything for it.”

A shadow rose up on Death’s field and began to form itself into a recognizable shape.

“I summon Darkness Destroyer!” Death said.

A skeletal black dragon formed out of the shadow and glared down at Jamin menacingly.

“Darkness Destroyer can attack twice in the same battle phase,” Death said “Meaning you’re about to lose this game. Darkness Destroyer, attack!”

Death’s monster raised a claw and charged towards Jamin, preparing to take a swipe out of him.

“I activate my face down,” Jamin said “Karma Cut!”

“What?”

“With this card’s effect, I send Dark Horus to the graveyard and remove your destroyer from play,” Jamin said.

“No!”

A hole opened behind Death’s monster and it began to get sucked in, struggling in vain as it slowly vanished. The hole closed and Death’s monster was nowhere to be seen.

“You play well for a mortal soul,” Death said.

“You haven’t seen anything yet,” Jamin replied “My draw.”

He took a new card from his deck and examined it along with the rest of his hand.

“This ought to work,” he muttered “Go, Shadow Earth Aussa!”

Aussa rose up on Jamin’s field, gripping her mace in both hands.

“I activate my face down,” Death said as Zero Flipped up along with Infinity.

Then the two cards between them flipped up, Darkness 2 and Darkness 1.

“Darkness 2 inflicts 1000 points of damage to you,” Death said “And an extra 1000 because of Darkness 1.”

A beam of light shot out of Death’s trap card and struck Jamin head on. He staggered back a bit, panting heavily as his life points dropped to 2000.

“Not bad,” he panted “But it’s my turn now.”

Aussa gripped her mace tighter and prepared to charge.

“Aussa, attack Darkness Eye,” Jamin ordered.

Aussa ran forwards and brought her heavy weapon down on Death’s monster, reducing his life points to 2150.

“And that’s not all,” Jamin said “By removing Cyber Ouroboros in my deck from play, I can special summon Ultimate Shadow Darc back to my field,” Jamin explained.

Aussa looked beside her as a column of black flame rose up beside her and Darc emerged from within it, swinging her scythe to clear the smoke.

“Now my Ouroboros’ effect comes into play,” Jamin said “And I send one card from my hand to my grave to draw another from my deck.”

He smirked and looked at his hand, taking out a card.

“I don’t need you anymore,” he muttered.

He sent Dark Ruler Vandalgyon to his graveyard and drew a new card from his deck. As he looked at it his eyes widened in shock when he saw what he’d drawn.

“Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys,” he muttered “No way.”

He continued to stare at the card for a while before gathering himself together and picking another card from his hand.

“I’ll lay two cards face down and end my turn,” he said as a face down appeared behind Darc.

Death looked at Jamin for a moment and drew a new card from his deck.

“I play Graceful Charity,” he said “So I’ll pick up three cards, and send Darkness Destroyed and Darkness Bramble to my Graveyard.”

Jamin’s eyes narrowed.

“Next I summon Darkness Necroslime!”

A small black blob appeared on Death’s field, looking like something from a lava lamp.

“Now, I release him,” Death said “To summon Darkness Destroyer!”

“Again?”

The blob grew and eventually shaped into the skeletal dragon Jamin had defeated before hand.

“You have got to be joking,” Jamin muttered.

“Now I activate Zero and Infinity,” Death said.

His two trap cards flipped up, both at the opposite end of his spell and trap zone. The three other cards flipped up as well, starting with Darkness 3.

“By the effect of Darkness 3, Darkness Destroyer’s ATK rises by 1000,” Death explained “Plus and extra 2000 thanks to Darkness 1 and 2.”

“This can’t be good,” Jamin muttered as Darkness Destroyer’s ATK rose to 5300.

“Darkness Destroyer, attack,” Death said.

Death’s monster roared and began to charge towards Jamin’s monsters.

“Darkness Destroyer can attack twice in the same battle phase,” Death explained “So both your monsters, as well as your life points are forfeit.”

“Heh, I don’t think so,” Jamin muttered.

“What?”

“Reverse card open,” Jamin said “Life Absorbing Darkness!”

“What?”

“I remove Dark Horus from play,” Jamin explained “And reduce your monster’s ATK by 3000.”

Death looked up at his monster as its ATK lowered to 2300.

“He’s still strong enough to take out both of your monsters,” Death said.

“Good thing I’ve got another face down then,” Jamin said “Covering Fire.”

“No!”

“Yes,” Jamin grinned “Now Darc’s ATK doubles.”

Darc’s ATK rose to 3700 and she ran to meet the Dark Destroyer, swinging her scythe and destroying it with ease, lowering Death’s life points to 750.

“You will pay dearly for that,” Death said.

“Okay I get it,” Jamin said “How dare you destroy my monster, blah, blah, blah, doesn’t it ever get old? Seriously it’s a game.”

“To me, it is much more than a game,” Death replied.

“Now where have I heard that before?” Jamin muttered “Oh well.”

He drew from his deck and sent both Darc and Aussa to his graveyard.

“I release Ultimate Shadow Darc and Shadow Earth Aussa,” he said “To advance summon Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys!”

Jamin’s monster vanished in a pillar of flame that lit up the darkness around them; Death took a step back, although it was hard to tell if he was afraid or not since his face displayed no signs of expression.

“It cannot be,” he gapsed.

Jamin smirked as the flames slowly vanished, revealing his golden phoenix.

“I play Zero and Infinity,” Death said, his trap cards flipping up with only one card between them.

The card flipped up and was revealed to be Darkness 1.

“I’m afraid your Phoenix will die before she even gets a chance to help you,” Death said.

A beam shot from Darkness 1 and struck Nephthys; she let out an almighty screech and shattered. Jamin looked up at where she’d just been, and then looked back towards Death.

“I shall commend you, Jamin Tsubasa,” Death said “You are an interesting opponent.”

“Well, thanks I guess,” Jamin replied.

“But you should know I play all or nothing,” Death said “Once this game is over you shall not be allowed to play me again.”

“Heh, you’re missing the point,” Jamin replied “I won’t need to duel you again.”

“Fool,” Death said “So long as I have my ultimate trap combo, you can’t lay a finger on me.”

Jamin chuckled slightly and then burst out laughing, clutching his stomach a tear rolling down one cheek.

“What’s so funny?” Death asked.

“What? Oh nothing,” Jamin replied, still smirking slightly “I’ll lay one card face down and end.”

“Hm,”

Death drew a card from his deck.

“I summon NecroSlime,” he said.

“Again with the slimeball?” Jamin asked.

“Yes,” Death said “But this time I’m summoning Darkness Bramble.”

The slime warped and formed itself into a tall black woman with thorns and vines covering her body.

“Dude, that’s just wrong,” Jamin muttered.

“It’s time to end this duel,” Death said “Darkness Bramble attack!”

Death’s monster raised her arms and fired two thorny vines in Jamin’s direction.

“You have but 2000 life points left,” Death said “And my monster has exactly 2000 ATK, this duel is over.”

“Heck no,” Jamin said “Cause I’m not even half done yet, I activate my face down card!”

“What?”

Jamin’s face down trap flipped up, revealing an image of his Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys above a sea of flame.

“Phoenix Rising,” Jamin finished.

“You’re going to summon your phoenix again?” Death asked “It doesn’t matter; any one of my Darkness traps can defeat you now.”

“You’re right,” Jamin said “But wouldn’t you like to hear the details of this card?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Phoenix Rising doesn’t just let me resurrect my phoenix;” Jamin said “In fact, it only works if she was destroyed by a card effect, and this card activates her effect a turn early.”

“What?”

A pillar of flame erupted onto Jamin’s field and his phoenix rose out of it.

“Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys’ monster effect,” Jamin said “When she’s special summoned by her own effect, I can destroy all spell and trap cards on the field.”

“What?”

Jamin’s Phoenix opened her wings wide and sent the flames from the pillar flying everywhere with an almighty screech. The flames flew towards Death’s field and each of his spell and trap cards were destroyed one by one.

“No, you can’t,”

“I can,” Jamin said “Nephthys, the final blow!”

Jamin’s phoenix burst into flames and flew into the air, diving back down and striking the ground. The blackness around them cracked and eventually shattered.

“My field spell,” Death gasped.

“And that’s the way we mortals duel,” Jamin said.

Jamin’s phoenix descended slowly back onto his field, staring at Darkness Bramble. Then she suddenly screamed.

“Nephthys? What’s…Argh!”

Jamin grabbed his head and fell onto one knee as a terrible pain shot through him.

“There is no escaping me,” Vandalgyon’s voice said “Your are mine.”

Jamin looked up as a black flame surrounded his phoenix, transforming her back into Dark Nephthys. The pain stopped and Jamin staggered back to his feet, panting slightly. He looked up at his darkened phoenix, disbelief crossing his face.

“I thought I got rid of him,” he muttered.

“At the end of my turn, Darkness Bramble resets my life points to 4000,” Death explained as his life points rose.

He shook his head and drew a card from his deck.

“My draw,” he said “And I play Different Dimension Revival, by discarding one card from my hand, I summon Dark Horus from out of play.”

A dark hole opened up on Jamin’s field and his great black dragon stepped out of it, glaring towards Death’s field.

“Time to end this duel,” Jamin said “For real, Horus, Nephthys, attack!”

Horus blasted a stream of dark fire at Death’s monster, destroying it and reducing his life points to 3000. Nephthys flapped her wings and threw her own flame towards him, reducing his life points to 600.

“It seems I’m not done yet,” Death said.

“Damn,” Jamin muttered “I really thought I was about to win then.”

“Perhaps,” Death replied “We shall see.”

[spoiler=part 2]A bead of sweat rolled down the side of Jamin’s face as Death drew a card from his deck. Death quietly examined his hand, taking his time over deciding which card’s to use.

“Damn, just hurry up already,” Jamin thought.

“I summon Darkness Knight in attack mode!” Death said.

A knight in heavy looking black armor and carrying a sword nearly as tall as himself rose up on Death’s field, resting his sword over one shoulder.

“When Zero, Infinity, Darkness 1, Darkness 2 and Darkness 3 exist in my graveyard, my Darkness Knight’s ATK becomes equal to the strongest monster on your field.” Death explained.

“What?”

Death’s knight was surrounded by a black aura which raised his ATK to 3000.

“Darkness Knight, attack his Sacred Phoenix,” Death ordered.

Death’s monster hefted his sword over his shoulder and gripped it with both hands, charging towards his phoenix.

“Damn,” Jamin gritted his teeth as the knight sliced straight through his phoenix, reducing Jamin’s life points to 1600.

The knight landed back on Death’s field and rested his oversized sword on his shoulder once more.

“Both our monsters have equal ATK,” Death said “Attacking would achieve nothing.”

“We’ll see,” Jamin said, drawing a card from his deck.

He looked down at his hand and grinned.

“I special summon The Dark Creator!” Jamin said.

A pillar of thunder crashed down onto Jamin’s field and the blackened Creator rose out of it next to Horus.

“Your monster may be powerful,” Death admitted “But it’s no match for my Knight.”

“Well that’s where his effect comes in,” Jamin said “You see, by removing Dark Ruler Vandalgyon from play, I can resurrect my phoenix again.”

The Creator charged a ball of lightning in front of him and it exploded, revealing Jamin’s Dark Nephthys.

“She hasn’t the power to stop me either,” Death said.

“You’re thinking to small,” Jamin said “Horus attack!”

“What?”

Jamin grinned as his dragon let out a stream of flame. The Darkness knight raised his sword and sliced through the fire, charging towards Horus. The two monsters impacted and exploded.

“Why did you do that?” Death said “Both our monsters were…”

He stopped, noticing as the smoke cleared that Jamin still had two monsters on the field.

“Looks like I win,” he said “Good game, reaper. Nephthys, finish this!”

Jamin’s phoenix screeched and rose into the air, bursting into black flames and diving towards Death. She impacted against the ground and exploded, sending Death up in a blaze of dark fire and reducing his life points to zero. Jamin watched the spectacle unfold until the flames died and Death lay defeated. The monsters faded and Jamin walked over to him.

“You okay down there?” He asked.

“It is not often that I lose,” Death commented “As your prize, you are granted a single wish, do you wish to ascend to heaven?”

“No,” Jamin replied “I want to see my friends again.”

Death stood up, staring at him.

“Ah, you wish to live again, that is the wish of most people, although not all get it granted,” Death said.

“You said I was allowed any wish,” Jamin said.

“True, but your wish comes with a price,” Death said “For you to resurrect, the part of your soul that binds you to death must be cut loose and as a result your physical form will only last till sunrise, then you shall simply be a spectral being.”

“You mean like a ghost?” Jamin asked.

“Exactly,” Death said “In fact, you will be a ghost. But keep in mind you shall be unable to die and shall live forever unable to interact with other beings. You shall be feared and an outcaste…”

“Yeah, yeah,” Jamin said “Just get on with it, there’s something I need to do.”

“Very well,” Death said “Hold still.”

A scythe suddenly appeared in Death’s hand and he held it to one side.

“Ready?”

Jamin nodded and Death swung his scythe. Jamin was sliced in two and vanished into two balls of light, one shooting upwards and the other sinking into the floor.

“Best of luck, Jamin Tsubasa,” Death said.

Kumori finally managed to throw Josh off him and scrambled to his feet.

“My job is done,” he said “Why don’t you just sulk over your friend’s corpse and leave me alone?”

Kim stirred and tried to sit up, rolling her head over to one side and catching sight of where Jamin had fallen. As she watched her eyes slowly began to grow wider and wider.

“J-Jamin?”

“I’m not done with you,” Josh said, aiming his gun towards Kumori.

Kumori hesitated then stood still, staring at Josh.

“Going to kill me too?” He asked.

“I would certainly like to,” Josh replied.

“Jamin,” Kim moaned.

Kumori glanced over at Jamin briefly and then did a double take, his eyes widening in horror.

“Impossible,” he gasped.

Josh raised an eyebrow: “What?”

“T-there,” Kumori said, pointing.

“Don’t think I’m falling for that old trick,” Josh snapped “Stop messing around.”

A hand fell on the barrel of Josh’s gun and gently lowered it. Josh started and looked around, his eyes widening as he saw Jamin standing next to him.

“Yo,” Jamin said “Did I miss much?”

“Jamin!” Josh gasped “How did you…?”

Jamin merely grinned and turned his attention over to Kumori.

“I’ve only got a few minutes until sunrise,” he said “I need to settle this now.”

“Settle what?”

Jamin didn’t answer but raised his duel disk.

“One last time,” Jamin said “All or nothing.”

Kumori stared at him for a moment and then a smirk crossed his face.

“You’re just one miracle after another, aren’t you?” He said “You survived me and now you’ve come back from having a hole blown in your chest, what the hell are you?”

“Just you’re average pro gamer,” Jamin said “With a bit of luck on his side.”

“Luck? You should know there’s no such thing as luck,” Kumori said “All you have is yourself; you’ve no time to rely on anything new.”

“That’s not true,” Jamin said, his tone growing serious “Shouldn’t you realize by now? My trust and friendship with my cards is all I need, I doubt someone like you could ever understand that.”

“Trust and friendship? Quit going all sentimental on me,” Kumori said “You’re only saying what you think is the truth to try and satisfy your pathetic existence.”

“Wrong,” Jamin said, glancing down at his deck “For six years, no longer than that, my cards have been the closest friend I’ve had and without them I’d probably have died hundreds of times by now.” His grin widened as he looked up at Kumori “And that’s the honest truth, if you don’t like it then prove me wrong!”

Jamin raised his duel disk and it whirled into life, lightning up the smug grin on his face. Kumori stared at him for a moment, half with fear and half with rage. Jamin’s hair and clothes seemed to be floating in a breeze; however Kumori couldn’t feel any wind.

“Seriously,” he said “What the hell are you?”

Jamin’s grin broadened and his eyes narrowed, a light seemed to glow around him and the phantom wind only grew in strength.

“This feels exactly like when I fought Zorc,” Jamin thought “The power flowing through me, it feels so…So…….Good.”

Kumori took a few steps backwards and raised his own duel disk, activating it.

“Looks like I’ll just have to beat you again!” He roared, drawing from his deck “Striking Werewolf, rise up!”

Kumori’s Striking Werewolf rose up on his side of the field, growling at Jamin.

“I’ll lay two cards face down and end,” Kumori said.

“Very well,” Jamin said, drawing “Now to show you how it’s done.”

He looked at the cards in his hand and sighed.

“Still dark,” he thought “I need to get rid of Vandalgyon.”

“You can’t get rid of my,” Vandalgyon said “I am in your soul.”

Jamin grew slightly irritated but played a card anyway.

“I send Dark Horus to the grave in order to summon Dark Grepher!”

A warrior with black leather armor, gray skin and a wide grin on his face rose up on Jamin’s field.

“Also, by sending Black Water Eria to my grave as well, I can send Ultimate Shadow Darc from my deck to my grave,” Jamin said.

“Wait, why are you sending so many monsters to the grave?” Kumori asked.

“Simple,” Jamin replied “My Phoenix wants to say hello, so by removing Eria and Darc from play I add her to the graveyard.”.”

Kumori’s eyes widened as Jamin’s grin broadened.

“You’ll never get that chance,” he said “I play Threatening Roar, thanks to this card, you can’t declare an attack this turn.”

“Heh, how cowardly,” Jamin muttered.

“Shut up!” Kumori yelled.

“Well, I guess I’ll just have to end my turn then,” Jamin said.

“Right!” Kumori drew a card from his deck and a grin crossed his face “Perfect, I activate my Full Moon field spell.”

Jamin looked up to see a moon hanging above them, which was rather odd considering the faint rays of the sun peaking over the horizon.

“Now I summon my Searching Werewolf in defense mode,”

A shaggy grey werewolf rose up, crouched down, on Kumori’s field.

“Go, Striking Werewolf, attack Dark Grepher!” Kumori ordered.

The werewolf bounded forwards and slashed at Grepher. However Grepher drew a sword and sliced at the best, cleaving a wound in its chest. The Striking Werewolf lunged forwards and bit Grepher’s shoulder and both monsters shattered. Kumori’s life points dropped down to 3800.

“As you know, thanks to the effect of my Full Moon, any monster that battles with my monsters are automatically destroyed,” he explained “And my Searching Werewolf has an effect as well, when a Beast-Warrior monster I control is destroyed by battle I can special summon another one with the same name from my deck, and that monster gains 400 ATK.”

Kumori’s field glowed and the image of Striking Werewolf appeared once more, its ATK rising to 1900.

“Unfortunately it can’t attack this turn,” Kumori said “But I don’t think that really matters right now.”

“Hm,” Jamin drew a card from his deck and place it in his hand “Now is the time. Rise again, Nephthys!”

The pillar of black flame erupted onto Jamin’s field once more and his phoenix rose out of it.

“I think you know what happens next,” Jamin said “Nephthys destroy the moon!”

“What?” Kumori looked as Jamin’s phoenix took flight, heading towards the moon “No, stop!”

The phoenix vanished from sight and a few moments later a small explosion could be seen on the face of the moon before it began to crack and explode, illuminating the night for a few brief moments.

“Without that field spell of yours, your monsters are sitting ducks,” Jamin said “Go, Nephthys!”

Jamin’s monster flew back down to earth with incredible speed, flapping its wings and sending several shards of flame down on Kumori’s field. They struck around his Striking Werewolf, clouding him in smoke and debris. A howl of pain was heard before his Striking Werewolf shattered and Kumori’s life points dropped to 3300.

“Don’t you ever learn?” Kumori said “Thanks to my searching werewolf, I get another Striking Werewolf.”

The pieces of the Striking Werewolf flew together again and reformed. Dark Nephthys landed back on Jamin’s field, folding in her wings.

“I play Foolish Burial,” Jamin said “With this card, I send Dark Horus from my deck to my graveyard.”

He took his deck out of his duel disk and shuffled through it, taking out Horus.

“I need to get these guys to the field,” he thought “If I’m ever going to release them from Vandalgyon’s grip.”

He glanced up briefly at Kumori.

“I’ll lay one card face down and end my turn,” he said “Soon, it will be all over.”

He looked up to see the rays of the sun growing brighter as it slowly rose over the horizon.

“Very soon,” he muttered.

[spoiler=part 3]“Looks like it’s my turn!” Kumori said, drawing a card.

He looked down at his hand and a grin crossed his face.

“Looks like I’ll be winning after all,” he said “I release my two monsters to summon Smiling Werewolf!”

Kumori’s monsters were swept up in an unseen wind and his crimson Werewolf rose up on his field, letting out a mighty howl.

“And now her effect comes into play,” Kumori said “And she gains 200 ATK for each Beast-Warrior in my graveyard, and since I have four, that’s an extra 600 ATK.”

The ATK of Kumori’s monster rose to 3100.

“Now go,” Kumori ordered “Destroy his phoenix.”

Kumori’s monster bounded forwards and took a slash out of Jamin’s phoenix. Nephthys let out a final scream and shattered, lowering Jamin’s life points to 3300.

“And now we’re even,” Kumori smirked.

“Yeah, I guess we are,” Jamin shrugged “But who cares, it’s just a game.”

Kumori glared at him, beginning to grow irritated.

“I can’t believe you!” He yelled “By all rights you should have died twice tonight and even now you’re in a battle of life and death and you preach that it’s a game? What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Hey, I only lost to you before cause I let my guard down,” Jamin said “But now I’ve got a purpose, I need to break loose of this darkness around me and free myself and my cards, and to do that I have to beat you.”

He drew a card from his deck and showed it to Kumori.

“I activate Reasoning,” he said “You select a level of monster and I pick up till I get a monster I can normal summon, if it’s the level you chose I ditch it, if not I special summon it.”

“Very well,” Kumori said “I choose level four.”

“Fair enough,” Jamin muttered.

He picked up from his deck, drawing about five cards till his eyes widened. The card he’d drawn was Dark Ruler Vandalgyon.

“No,” he muttered “Anyone but him.”

“What’s wrong?” Kumori asked “Got a problem card?”

Jamin glared at him.

“I summon Dark Ruler Vandalgyon!” He declared.

“Jamin, no!” Josh yelled.

“I’ve got no choice,” Jamin replied “I’ve got to do this.”

A clap of thunder crashed down on Jamin’s field and the Dark Ruler Vandalgyon rose up in front of him.

“You see,” Vandalgyon said “You cannot escape from me.”

“Enough,” Jamin said “I’ve had it with you, why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“Because you created me,” Vandalgyon replied.

“I did not,” Jamin retorted “That was thousands of years ago, just accept it, you don’t belong in this world.”

Kumori stared at Jamin for a moment, unsure of what to do.

“I play the continuous spell card Dimensional Fissure,” Jamin said, a spell card materializing behind his Dark Ruler “From now on, any monster sent to the graveyard is removed from play, meaning you won’t be able to boost your monster’s ATK any more.”

“Ha, I won’t need to,” Kumori said “It’s already greater than your Dark Ruler’s ATK.”

Jamin shrugged.

“I end my turn,” he said.

“What?” Vandalgyon turned to glare down at him “You aren’t thinking of letting him destroy me?”

“Well, look who’s a smart spirit,” Jamin said.

“You fool!” Vandalgyon roared “I’ve given you a strength you could never imagine, you cannot throw that all away.”

“If this strength of mine means betraying my friends and being hated then it’s not worth having,” Jamin said “I don’t need to enslave my cards in order to win, I was just fine as I was before you came along.”

“You pathetic fool,” Vandalgyon roared.

“Smiling Werewolf attack,” Kumori ordered.

Vandalgyon whirled around and raised his hands, catching the claws of the Smiling Werewolf and pushing back against her.

“No,” he said “I won’t go down without a fight!”

“You have no choice,” Jamin said “Goodbye, Dark Ruler Vandalgyon.”

“No!”

The Smiling Werewolf broke free and slashed at Vandalgyon. He staggered backwards and shattered. Jamin took the card from his field as his life points dropped to 3000.

“By the effect of my Dimensional Fissure, Dark Ruler Vandalgyon is removed from play,” he explained “Meaning I don’t need him any more.”

He gripped the ends of the card in both hands.

“You fool, what are you…?”

“If I created you then I can destroy you,” Jamin said.

Josh, Kumori and Kim all stared at Jamin as he stood there with the card in his hand. The seconds ticked by and the sun was just visible over the horizon, its rays already beginning to dispel the stars from the sky. Still Jamin stood there, a pained expression on his face. His hands were trembling and he looked close to tears.

“You,” he muttered “I can’t believe it was you who did all this, you killed my mother, you tried to control me, you made me hurt my friends and I almost died because of you, I can’t believe the other me was stupid enough to create you in the first place. Good bye, Vandalgyon.”

Without wasting another second he tore the card in half, ripping the spirit of Dark Ruler Vandalgyon in two. The scream from the card could be heard like a loudspeaker all over Domino, or at least to those who could hear monster spirits. The pieces floated to the ground and burst into black flames. The ashes curled up till they no longer represented a card and began to fall apart as mere embers on the ground.

“Now me and my cards are free to do as we please,” Jamin said.

Kumori stared at him for a moment and smirked.

“That card might have been the only thing that could have saved you from me,” he said “And now you’ve gone and destroyed your last hope for survival.”

“What of it?” Jamin asked “If that power means I’m evil then I don’t want it, there’s a limit to the type of power you have, and personally I prefer to rely on the power of trust.”

“Trust?” Kumori scoffed “What did trust ever give you?”

“You just don’t learn, do you,” Jamin sighed “In case you haven’t noticed, it’s this trust that’s kept saving me each time I’ve almost died.”

Kumori’s eyes widened in shock.

“In our last duel my phoenix moved to protect me and so I survived, in the underworld she also tried to save me from falling into blackness, and when I dueled with Death she also came to my aid there and allowed me to defeat Death, tell me my trust is worthless now!” Jamin roared.

Kumori looked lost for words for a moment, unsure of how to reply.

“Whatever,” he scoffed “It won’t help you here so you may as well give up!”

“Never,” Jamin said “Because I’ve got one bit of trust left in me and I intend to use it.”

He looked over at Josh; a slight grin on his face, however Josh just looked confused, and then realization crossed his face. Jamin turned back to face Kumori and placed his hand over his deck.

“Ready?” He asked “Cause I’m about to end this duel.”

He closed his eyes and his hand hovered over his deck.

“What the heck are you…?” Kumori stopped, his eyes widening.

Jamin’s body was beginning to glow red and his hair was caught in a non-existent breeze. The glow soon turned into a flame and roared into life around Jamin and his deck.

“What is he doing?” Kumori muttered.

Jamin suddenly opened his eyes and drew from his deck, placing the card in his hand. He looked over at the horizon to see the sun peeking over.

“I don’t have much time left,” he muttered “I have to end this now.”

He looked over at Kumori.

“Since I have five monsters in my graveyard, I can special summon The Dark Creator,” Jamin said.

“Wait, you’ve only got four monsters in your grave,” Kumori said “Quit messing around.”

“You should really check which cards I send to the grave,” Jamin said “One of the cards I sent using Reasoning was Rare Metal Dragon, and that can’t be normal summoned and so was sent to the graveyard.”

Kumori’s eyes widened.

“Now rise up, Creator!” Jamin said.

A black thunderbolt struck Jamin’s field and his Dark Creator Rose up on his field.

“Now I play his effect,” Jamin said “By removing Dark Nephthys from play, I can special summon Dark Horus from my grave.”

The Creator spread his arms wide, charging a ball of black energy form which Dark Horus exploded out of, descending onto Jamin’s field.

“And finally I play my face down,” Jamin said “Escape from the Dark Dimension.”

Jamin’s face down flipped up and a black hole opened up in front of it,

“It’s an appropriate card to play right now,” Jamin said “Because I’m about to escape from this nightmare forever!”

Jamin’s Dark Nephthys flew out of the hole with a loud screech and landed on Jamin’s field.

“So what?” Kumori said “None of your monsters can stand up to my Smiling Werewolf, why don’t you just give up?”

“I’m not done yet,” Jamin said “Because I’m about to show you why trusting your friends will help you win!”

He took a card from his hand and played it.

“Go, Omega Spell!” Jamin said.

“That’s the card I gave him,” Josh gasped.

Almost immediately a bright light illuminated the field and grew brighter and brighter, accompanied by a powerful wind. As it grew the monsters on Jamin’s field as well as his Dimensional Fissure card and Escape from the Dark Dimension began to crack.

“What’s going on?” Kumori gasped.

“Omega Spell isn’t the sort of card I’d normally use,” Jamin explained “Because it destroys all my cards and if I haven’t won by the end of this turn I lose by default.”

“What? Are you insane playing such a suicidal card?” Kumori asked.

“Well, it does have an up side,” Jamin said “For each monster destroyed, I can special summon the same number of monsters from my side deck.”

“Huh?”

Jamin’s grin broadened.

“I release the darkness surrounding my cards,” Jamin said “So show yourselves, Horus the Black Flame Dragon, The Creator and Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys!”

Jamin’s spell and trap card shattered and so did his monsters, however only a black shell fell to the floor, revealing the gold silver and bronze bodies of the Creator, Hour and Nephthys.

“Thank you, Jamin,” they all said in unison.

“It’s time to end this,” Jamin said “I play the spell card Polymerization, and fuse together my three monsters!”

A vortex opened behind Jamin and his three monsters were sucked in. Lightning flew from the hole and crackled around it.

“Now show yourself,” Jamin said “Kamika, the Deity of Rebirth.”

The vortex exploded and Jamin’s ultimate monster crashed down onto his field, towering above the Smiling Werewolf.

“Kamika has 4000 ATK points,” Jamin said “More than enough to take out your monster. As well as a pretty neat effect, for each card in my graveyard, your monster loses 100 ATK points.”

Kumori stared in horror as his Werewolf’s ATK lowered from 3100 to 1500

“No, impossible,” he gasped.

“I’m afraid it is possible,” Jamin said “This is the power of the trust I place in my cards.”

Kumori glared up at him.

“He may have colossal ATK points, but it’s not enough to wipe out my life points completely.”

“Maybe not,” Jamin admitted “But I may as well try. Kamika attack!”

Jamin’s monster raised his mighty sword and brought it down on the ground, sending the branching waves of energy towards Kumori’s field. The energy sliced through the wolf and struck Kumori. He yelled as his life points were reduced to 700 and his monster shattered with a howl of pain. The attack ceased and Kumori staggered backwards, panting heavily.

“I’m…Not done,” he said weakly.

He reached up and drew a card from his deck, looking down at it. Upon seeing it his eyes widened with horror and his face fell.

“No,” he mouthed “There’s nothing I can do…” He fell to his knees, dropping the cards from his hand, the rest spilling from his deck and to the floor “I’ve lost.”

A satisfied grin crossed Jamin’s face and he looked up at Kamika.

“Thanks,” he said “For giving me a second chance.”

“Your destiny is not yet over,” Kamika replied “There is much more you need to do.”

Jamin nodded as Kamika faded from view and he turned to see Josh with Kim resting on his shoulder.

“Guess I owe you guys an apology,” he said.

“Jamin,” Josh muttered.

“Sorry,” Jamin said “But I guess this is it, I’ll never see you guys again.”

“What do you…?” Josh was about to ask but then his eyes widened as he saw the sun rise behind Jamin and suddenly realized he could see right through him.

Jamin smiled weakly.

“Jamin,” Josh’s eyes widened “What’s happening to you?”

“I’ll explain later,” Jamin said “Oh, and Kim.”

Kim looked up weakly, seeing Jamin smiling down at her.

“Sorry I couldn’t stick around a little longer,” he said “Bye.”

“J-Jamin,” Kim said weakly.

She reached out with one arm, stretching towards Jamin. However before she could reach him the sun broke free of the horizon and was fully visible in the sky, and then Jamin vanished.

1 Year Later.

Josh stood, staring at the two graves in front of him. He’d changed a lot in the past year: His hair was slightly neater than before and there was a hint of a beard on his chin. He seemed to be frozen in place aside from the breeze lifting his hair and clothes. The two graves he was looking at both had the word ‘Tsubasa’ carved into them, one for Shia, Jamin’s mother, and one for Jamin himself.

“Is it really over now?” He muttered “Nothing left to do?”

He sighed and turned away, walking out of the cemetery and down the park. He looked up to see a mother and two children sitting on the grass and having a picnic. Their bright happy faces only seemed to lower his mood ever more. He looked away and gazed up at the sky, not wishing to turn his attention back to earth. As he looked a slight golden shimmer met his eyes. He ignored it at first but then it grew larger and larger. His eyes grew wider and he whirled around as a bird-like shadow flew over him, heading towards Domino city. He gazed up in awe at the creature flying through the sky, a great golden bird, apparently made of metal, with thin, spindly arms, a long fiery tail and glowing green eyes.

“Nephthys?” Josh muttered, and then his jaw dropped “Jamin!”

He turned around and ran after the bird as fast as he could, yelling at the top of his voice.

“Jamin, wait up!” He yelled “For goodness sake!”

As he ran he wasn’t looking where he was going and he bumped into someone. Both of them fell over onto the grass. Josh rubbed his head for a moment and stared at the pink haired girl in front of him.

“Oh, sorry,” he said, getting to his feet.

He ran off after the phoenix. The girl turned around and watched him go, a curious expression on her face. She shrugged and got to her feet, wiping herself down and walking off.

The End?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived