YVD Card Pack Gallery (Crnt V0.1)(Download Now)

joshcooper

V0.1 is now finally Uploaded to megaupload, download while you can.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDHP80CN

please download and test

Original Message

Ok, i am deciding whether to make a small pack of Yu-gi-oh cards to download.

What it will include/do:

It will include all cards currently in hall of fame/hall of shame

It will include all current completed sets which are rated well ( e.g Danilus Demonic Damnation set)

It will also include submissions by the public.

PM ME!

This might sound stupid, but i thought rather than clicking every card on this forum and save target as, u can download one pack with all in.

It COULD also include:

Short Tutorial on printing cards and a back to Yu-gi-oh cards. ( This is where i need your help, i dont know dimensions or anything, so it would be helpful for someone to help writing this tutorial; this will also be posted on forum)

The file will come in 3 versions:

An .exe

A .zip

And a .rar

Please state your preferences.

The cards chosen in this pack will be mainly based upon my decision and will be based around Complete Sets forum.

If you think your card group should be in the set, please PM Me! This stops the forum being cluttered.

I would like to hear from the Forum Moderators on whether this would be worthwhile, as i would keep updating this database.

Thanks

First of all, and please do not be discouraged, but exactly why are you doing this? What benefit do you get out of it? I ask that in the best possible way, I am not saying it is a stupid idea.

Also, you will need full, publicly viewable permission from all card maker's whose cards you intend to include.

I dont get no benefit out of it. I thought of it primarily for people who like printing out cards and save targets bla bla. I thought if i put them all into a file or watever it would be easier, and with the cards inside it being ones selected for being good and things like compo winners and that such, there would be good cards in it and not just everything bunged in so people will be able to have a gallery of cards to print out which are all good.

I would ask permission for all cards going to be included. Submissions from public should be their own cards, otherwise it will turn up like hall of fame. The cards being submitted wouldnt turn into a poll, but would just be brought up in One topic so no clutter and people have to agree/disagree.

How about I do one, and you see what its like, then see where it goes from there?

Thanks for comments frunk.

GREAT IDEA!!!! :D

I recon this is good idea coz im too lazy to click through every card plus i have a slow internet too. If the staff let you do this you have permission to use my Socceroo set http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/viewtopic.php?t=672 except for the "Craig Moore" one unless you edit it (ATK is stuffed says 2700 meant to be 1700 no one wants 4 starred card with 2700 coz it's dumb =P)

I have P'Med round the first few, so i will be making a v0.1 to test with LIMITED cards in. I will Pm people who i want, but if you think your cards are good enough please reply here to give your permission. If you cant be bothered, wait for a PM from me. Which i will be slowly doing.

Hi, Im tired so Download will be available a) By reqeust or b) by being patient

v.0.1 Release Notes

v0.1 YVD Gallery Set release.
This is an Early Test, which i need people to take part in. I need you to help me find things which are wrong.
But before you come telling me Read this List which will tell you what i already know:
-Need to write out lists of all cards in the readme in:
Joshcooper- Artillery Fire & Temple of Monks
raviel,lord of phantasms- Dragons
Death12328-Death Vault
Shaco- Angel/Demon
-Write a Printing Tutorial and a COMPLETE list of all cards. Html version. Include other things like: Credits,My tutorial on YVD and danilus (if he wishes) and other things.
-Organize it better
-Make an .exe version and a .zip version
-Rename the images

I hope you will like it, Just so no one gets angry here are credits;

-Danilus and his Demonic Damnation

-Shaco and his Angel/Demon Sorta Set

-Death12328- Death Vault

-raviel,lordpfphantasms- Dragon set

-nobodywins3-Hell domain of hades

-Josh Cooper for my cards and for making this.

Download Link: (Coming soon) (its ready but upoading is annoying and im busy)

It seems stupid releasing something i havnt got for download, But as i said previously, its available on request as i am uploading it to somewhere for requests.

I have another idea, which kinda ties in with some other idea about mkaing YVD pack files, if this kicks off i would like to help in their creation, and we could make a pro edition of this (with loads of cards) for a small point cost.

If anyone wants to write the Intro/tutorial/printing guide. I will be happy to give them 60 points for their efforts (maybe 70).

Josh.

~Deep Breath~

Well to be honest, i dont know, it was just a short idea promoting what someone said a while back about creating 'packs' of cards obtainable by a small point surgarge. ( This would mean people who want their 'sets' promoted in this way would have to release 'previews' and not the whole set.)

I was thinking what could u put in a 'pro' edition.

Some suggestions -

-Written Cards - these could be made into proper cards at the authors permission but only released in 'pro'

-'Famous' Cards, old and dirty cards retrieved from the past, links should be protected so only availabe in 'pro'

-More time put into it- Everything would be there - tutorials, card database more sorted... etc It would be a project which would of tooko a long time.

-OR you could completely scrap this, and make seperate Gallerys of different authors.

So e.g using an example like my Temple of Monks set:

Temples of Monks Set Package- 5 points Temple of Monks &Artillery Fire 8 Points

So you would buy sets, but if you wanted the whole thing, you would get YVD Gallery Pro.

There would also be YVD gallery Trial; with half the cards in.

-I am trying to work out how to make registration codes with the installer, so it would be protected by serials.

They are some ideas, now im not saying i want to do them or we should, just ideas looking into the pro edition.

Oh if you are thinking (again) what i get out of it. If we did pro, it would be little.

Say someone wants their set put up; they pay' for example 10 points, then everytime its bought for say 8 Points they recieve that amount. If people thought it was good, eventually there would be a small charge, so say 2 points would go to me for every set sold.

The Pro would be, yes fully to me, but i would have to pay each author a small points price for their cards present in it.

Phew, oh yea, just so you know im uploading this very second (35.6%) iv uploaded it to a special ftp for anyone who desperately wants it ( im not sure about the ftp)

~End of one breath post~

Josh^ :P

Sorry for double post but iv gotta keep this up and also iv got to announce download locations and present status:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDHP80CN

Please test; i think this should be moved to tutorials now? Or stay here? I need feedback, If this hooks on this could be a good thing.I will have to keep bumping it until it hooks on and people like it.

I need 5 feedback posts from 5 different people which explain things which i should do to improve before i make next version. I also wouldnt mind more suggestions of cards to put in.

Thanks

(Main post edited with download link.)

Archived