Yu-Gi-Oh Diablo

Deckard Cain

YU-GI-OH! Diablo

The story takes place in the village of Tristram, far out in the grasslands of Europe. Droves of townspeople have begun to pack up and leave, because of a dark presense that has taken over a church at the edge of Tristram. In an act of desperation, the leader of Tristram, Deckard Cain, called for help, from a person he knew well, Yugi Motou...

The caravan is moving at a very boring pace. Yugi Motou, and his friends, Joey, Tristan, Tea, Mai and Seto Kaiba, had been making their way to the European village of Tristram for 2 days now, and now were bearing down on the town. Joey, impatient, boomed, "Oh, come on, are we in Tristram yet?"

Kaiba shot back, "Be quiet, Wheeler. We'll get there when we get there."

Meanwhile, in Tristram's Town Hall, Deckard Cain was pacing frantically. He was confering with his ally, Pepin, the local town healer. Cain began the conversation, "I hope Yugi and his friends get to town safely."

Pepin replied, "I assure you their dispatch should be here at any time."

Cain said, "I hope you're right."

Suddenly, a Hall guard came in and said, "Sir Cain, a caravan has arrived. It maybe the people you sent for."

Cain replied, "Good. I must welcome them to Tristram. Pepin, will you join me in this task?"

Pepin, chuckled and replied, "I'll do what I can.."

Minutes later, Yugi, Joey, Tea, Tristan, and Kaiba left the caravan, and stepped into Tristram Square, the center of the village, where Deckard Cain was waiting for them. Cain began, "Welcome, Yugi Motou and friends. Welcome to the town of Tristram."

Yugi said, "Good to be here... why is it so deserted?"

Joey, inquistive, said, "Why are we here? I don't want to be in some dumb town with noone here!"

Tea bumped Joey in the side and said, "Will you just quit and let the old man welcome us here?"

Cain, puzzled, whispered to Pepin, "This one is nuts," pointing to Joey.

Cain then began, "Well, it appears you have arrived just in time. As you know or may not know, many people in Tristram began to leave after a dark entity began to fill that church at the edge of town. My archbishop, Lazarus, whipped many of our folk into a frenzied mob. They went into the labyrinth with picks, plows, scythes, daggers, axes and shovels, and began a crusade into the church to find some important papers. But Lazarus betrayed them, and fled into the deepest bowels of the labyrinth beneath the church. Those people were left in the clutches of unspeakable horrors- to die. Few returned, and many didn't survive, despite the skills of our fine healer, Pepin. It was soon discovered that demons were behind everything. Soon they began pillaging our homes at night, and many were scared to leave their rooms in the local Inn. Then droves left, and soon only a handful of us remained here to scrap up what we can and continue on with our lives. I, eventually had to call for assistance, meaning you. I hope you can find some way to destroy this entity before it consumes the entire village!"

(more soon)

Tristan, Tea and Joey looked puzzled at Cain's words. Kaiba finally said, "So you're telling us that some sort of evil infests that church?"

Joey replied, "Who want to corrupt a church?"

Cain began, "Oh, I think I have an idea on who.. but I cannot prove it."

Yugi replied, "Who do you think it is?"

Cain said, "I believe that the Archbishop Lazarus is behind all of this.. however I cannot bring charges on him, for I have absolutely no proof to arrest and hold him on. Another thing is, he has disappeared..."

Yugi, beginning to get furious, said, "We'll find him for you."

Cain, stunned, said, "Very well, but be careful, you are our last hope..."

(more later)

Yugi then began, "Well, whatever is in that church, we have a bit of work to do."

Cain replied, "I am afraid you do. If you need any healing or potions, see Pepin, who is to my left. If you need weapons, armor or repairs, see Griswold, who lives in that long building over here to my right. Ogden, the tavern owner, has some drink and food available for you if you need it, and if you come across challenges or questions that may arise in your journeys, seek me out, and I will tell you what I can."

Kaiba said, "Thanks. Well, are we gonna go or what?"

Yugi shot back, "You are WAY too impatient, Kaiba."

Tristan looked at Tea and said, "This will be a long journey."

Tea replied, "You're probably not kidding. Who knows what's down there."

Joey said, "Don't worry. We'll be alright."

Cain, worried, said to Pepin, "This concerns me. They're constant fighting may do them in."

Pepin replied, "It gets me worried too. One of them will end up dead if they don't quit squabbling."

Cain, turned and said, "That's what destroyed the Horadrim.... oh, so long ago."

(Who is the Horadrim? Will the adventure start? How will the folk take the new adventurers? Find out in the next post."

Pepin looked confused when Deckard Cain stated the Horadrim. He asked, "The Horadrim? Who in the devil are they?"

Deckard Cain turned and anwsered, "The Horadrim was an ancient confederation of mage-clans who sought to bind the powers of the Millenium Items for eternity. They failed of course, and they are now nearly forgotten. That cathedral is built on Horadric architecture, and our adventurers may find the church very confusing."

Meanwhile....

Griswold the blacksmith was taking a drink in Ogden's inn. Ogden looked out the window, and said, "I don't know why Cain trusts them so much."

Griswold replied, "They're our only shot at surviving this nonsense."

Ogden turned and said, "That is very true." As they were talking, Yugi and his friends were moving closer and closer towards the ancient Church of Tristram. All of them looked determined to find whatever was causing the trouble.

However, in the deepest levels of the labyrinth, the mighty Lord of Terror, Diablo, was flying into a massive rage. He screamed, "MINIONS! FULL FRONT!"

Joey found the stairwell down to the first level of the labyrinth, "Down here!"

Kaiba said, "Here we go."

(What will happen next? Stay tuned...)

Archived