Spamming Policy

• Administrators

Initially I was in favor of cracking down on spamming, but I have to say I've noticed lately that the mods are taking all posts that are in the least bit humorous as spam. I think it's pretty obvius to tell if someone's spamming. There's a difference between silly posts and posts made entirely for points. No offense to the mods, I just think this policy seems to be loosened up, because honestly this board will be no fun at all anymore when you can't joke around.

C ya :wink:

Falling Pizza

I do see your point Falling, and I have an idea of why you posted this, but honestly, take for example, the amount of posts in general, like 998 or something, and I am not joking when I say the majority of that is spam. I agree, forums aren't fun when you can't joke around, but they're nothing if you can't find anything, it is particularly frustrating for the mod team, as we have to make sure no one is doing anything like trolling or insulting anyone using the forum, should you desire, I can PM you about what I found the other day in General, which had there not been alot of SPAM, I could've had dealt with before anyone saw it, which I hope no one did, anyway, I cannot post it, so PM me if you'd like to know.

Thanks Falling I was about post something about that particuraly after the locking of my thread. Cracking down is one thing but genocide is quite another. Besides if we are trying to get our members up we can't just ban anyone who has a sence of humer. other wise people will post bad things about this site because we were mean to newbies.

I would hardly consider the locking of that topic Genocide, if it greaves you that much, I guess I will unlock it. We do not just run around banning people like you, it only ever happens occasionally, the only person to receive even a temporary ban is Doom Knight after his random outburst of coarse language. Only three warnings have been handed down, all of them to spammers; Seal, Steven and Yugiohmasta444, and I tell you, the three of them have cleaned up thier acts considerably since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_spam

"Spam is the posting of advertisements, abusive, or unneeded messages on Internet forums. It is generally posted by automated spambots."

Most of the messages on this forum fall under the 'unneeded' category, anything that is 'off topic' is classed as spam because it IS unneeded and thats all I have to say on that issue.

And I didnt say you couldent have fun, by all means have fun but please try to stay within the forum guidelines guys. 8)

Archived