3 part splicing tut video

Well you want some critique, I have some. Firstly I must say that your choices for fusion pieces is boring. Too many tutorials use some of the most cliche pieces. In my tutorial I used some weird pokemon, it allows for more advance teaching.

Another issue is that you have the things copies way too far away. A much better method is to have them closer, so you don't have to zoom out to find them. I like to put the splice I"m working on right under the copies, so I only have to scroll, or even in some cases, not at all.

Back to the part about the choices being bad. Not only is it boring, but you showcase very few changes. Ears and tails are usual some of the simplest parts someone could add to a splice.

You flipping Lucario also screwed up the light source for the tail. Technically the tail should be a darker color, since now it is being covered up by Lucario's shadow. In this case not the most noticeable, but other splices it would be, and now the people learning wouldn't be aware of the thing known as a light source. I personally don't care about light source, but its always something that can be critiqued on, and some people can be snobs about it.

Also I would normally include the outline color with the normal pallet. Pikachu is weird, it has three different outline colors, but thats because he mostly yellow. A lot of other Pokemon though have different outlines for each of their main colors. Yellow part of body should go with the yellow outline, hence why I believe you should have included the outline with the yellow, its a better habit for other splices.

Also, you're choice in video might not have been best. Its hard to go back and change mistakes you may have made. Then again this is just tutorial preference, some people may prefer this type.

Well thats my critique on this.

It's a pretty good video for newbies but took a while to watch. Pretty good video though. and perhaps when you googled you could've showed the exact link to the webpage rather then just saying what it's called because i had a bit of trouble finding it.

Well you want some critique' date=' I have some. Firstly I must say that your choices for fusion pieces is boring. Too many tutorials use some of the most cliche pieces. In my tutorial I used some weird pokemon, it allows for more advance teaching.

Another issue is that you have the things copies way too far away. A much better method is to have them closer, so you don't have to zoom out to find them. I like to put the splice I"m working on right under the copies, so I only have to scroll, or even in some cases, not at all.

Back to the part about the choices being bad. Not only is it boring, but you showcase very few changes. Ears and tails are usual some of the simplest parts someone could add to a splice.

You flipping Lucario also screwed up the light source for the tail. Technically the tail should be a darker color, since now it is being covered up by Lucario's shadow. In this case not the most noticeable, but other splices it would be, and now the people learning wouldn't be aware of the thing known as a light source. I personally don't care about light source, but its always something that can be critiqued on, and some people can be snobs about it.

Also I would normally include the outline color with the normal pallet. Pikachu is weird, it has three different outline colors, but thats because he mostly yellow. A lot of other Pokemon though have different outlines for each of their main colors. Yellow part of body should go with the yellow outline, hence why I believe you should have included the outline with the yellow, its a better habit for other splices.

Also, you're choice in video might not have been best. Its hard to go back and change mistakes you may have made. Then again this is just tutorial preference, some people may prefer this type.

Well thats my critique on this.

[/quote']

huh its a beginner tutorial no need to be so harsh man it was 3 in the morning when i made it i only did it cuz i was severely bored and the pikario thing was just cuz its easy and its better that using the diglet one so yea and it looks good to me............ahh what ever its more informative than most and more fun to watch ^_^

It's a pretty good video for newbies but took a while to watch. Pretty good video though. and perhaps when you googled you could've showed the exact link to the webpage rather then just saying what it's called because i had a bit of trouble finding it.

what are you talking about i provide a link to youtube and each video has a link at the end to send you to the next video

I don't get where you're getting that I was "harsh". I'm just giving critique. You even asked for people to "watch,rate,comment and complain". The time of day or night you made this also shouldn't matter. If you make something and put it up, I will rate it like anything else. I never said it was bad, or that it wasn't better than most or anything. I merely went through all the things you did wrong. It's not being a jerk, critique is usually viewed as a very kind thing. As an artist myself, I like when someone comes in and gives me multiple paragraphs of critique. It means they cared enough to take the time to try and help me improve.

I don't get where you're getting that I was "harsh". I'm just giving critique. You even asked for people to "watch' date='rate,comment and complain". The time of day or night you made this also shouldn't matter. If you make something and put it up, I will rate it like anything else. I never said it was bad, or that it wasn't better than most or anything. I merely went through all the things you did wrong. It's not being a jerk, critique is usually viewed as a very kind thing. As an artist myself, I like when someone comes in and gives me multiple paragraphs of critique. It means they cared enough to take the time to try and help me improve.

[/quote']

i was not really uhh (how to say this with out it seeming like how it is)......myself when i wrote that i was "tired" and tired (yes i said tired twice its not a typo) i see now but i said complain because at the time i had only put up the second part of the video so yea and i was the one that said it was better than most that was my opinion i accept your "critique" (critique is in quotes because its a fancy word for rate and complain ^_^)

what are you talking about i provide a link to youtube and each video has a link at the end to send you to the next video

I meant to that pokemon sprite site.

I meant to that pokemon sprite site.

well thats not hard at all you want me to ok then check it in 1 minute

(Recives tut link)

Alright. It's a good tut, I can say that, but, like Jappio said, the parts you used were a bit boring. The Shading, I don't give a darn about, I just say theres more than 1 light source (Unless it's a fire pokemon with a flame on it, then there is), It bugs me that you made the first 1/2 of the 1st video a tut on how to have music while splicing. And another thing that bugs me is I can't find the link to part 2, only part three. (Back to the boring Parts) I'm not watching the tut again, but I belived you used Pikachus tail & ears. If was doing this, I would have used say, Smergle, Mew, & Espeon, as it's not comon, and the outcome would be unique (Look at my Avitar. Guss what Pokemon I used). All in all, I give your tut a 7/10

(Recives tut link)

Alright. It's a good tut' date=' I can say that, but, like Jappio said, the parts you used were a bit boring. The Shading, I don't give a darn about, I just say theres more than 1 light source (Unless it's a fire pokemon with a flame on it, then there is), It bugs me that you made the first 1/2 of the 1st video a tut on how to have music while splicing. And another thing that bugs me is I can't find the link to part 2, only part three. (Back to the boring Parts) I'm not watching the tut again, but I belived you used Pikachus tail & ears. If was doing this, I would have used say, Smergle, Mew, & Espeon, as it's not comon, and the outcome would be unique (Look at my Avitar. Guss what Pokemon I used). All in all, I give your tut a 7/10

[/quote']

heh i guess your right but as i said it was nothing more than a intro to the world of splicing i could make a more advanced tut but i don't have the time now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived