Pleasoning? :: Abusing the Levels

This deck utilizes a nice little facet of Reasoning: if you run 4+ different monster levels, your opponent's pretty much screwed for choice, and THIS deck allows me to abuse that point all the way home.

2 Two-Tribute Monsters

1 x Dark Magician of Chaos

1 x Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8

12 Tribute Monsters

2 x Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6

1 x Jinzo

3 x Destiny Hero - Dasher

3 x Cyber Dragon

3 x Destiny Hero - Malicious

6 Level 4 or Lower Monsters

3 x Nimble Momonga

1 x Elemental Hero Stratos

1 x Spirit Reaper

1 x Treeborn Frog

15 Spells

3 x Destiny Draw

1 x Confiscation

1 x Nobleman of Crossout

1 x Premature Burial

1 x Snatch Steal

3 x Brain Control

1 x Mystical Space Typhoon

1 x Heavy Storm

3 x Reasoning

7 Traps

1 x Ring of Destruction

1 x Torrential Tribute

1 x Mirror Force

2 x Trap Dustshoot

2 x The Transmigration Prophecy

42 cards.

The Monsters: The high-level monsters are monsters WHOSE EFFECTS WORK WHEN SPECIAL SUMMONED (so no Monarchs), or I don't care if they get nailed by Reasoning (D-Heroes). Level Six allows me to pull Level Eight, augmented by The Transmigration Prophecy, and then pretty much cruise. Gravekeeper's Spy didn't get through, as it can hurt when it gets hit by Reasoning, so I decided to go unorthodox and play Nimble Momonga, an old favourite of mine. It has synergy with an unorthodox trap I'm running, and it allows me to gain much-needed life if I'm getting shut down.

The Spells: Fairly generic spell lineup, and I play the philosophy: why destroy if you can steal? Late game, I'd prefer a Snatch Steal over Smashing Ground. Everything else works for simplification, or is key: Reasoning.

The Traps: Another fairly common trap lineup: again, I side out passive removal (Widespread, Sakuretsu), over Trap Dustshoot, which allows me to deal with the threat before it gets there: and what with Cyber Phoenix, Trooplication, and Raiza running rampant, Dustshoot's a much better choice, being chainable, than reactive removal, which is not, and usually has a much more limited scope. The Big 3 traps are here, along with a brand-new tech I'm experimenting with: The Transmigration Prophecy. It's there for two reasons: a) ruin certain combos and combo-based decks (Call of the Haunted? No problem! Shuffle back the monster. DDT? No worries. Shuffle back Phoenix Blade. Destiny Heroes got you down? The Transmigration Prophecy deals with Malicious and Dasher. And it's not just reactive removal against your opponent. If your opponent swarms you and you have a Nimble Momonga on the field, he wipes it, pull two more, another goes down, and when the third's attacked, chain the Transmigration Prophecy, shuffle the other two back, and pull them out again when the third's destroyed. That's a serious amount of field presence there, plus the LP gain's not bad, either.

The stuff Transmigration does is brill. If your deck's running low, you can put back a few key cards and be assured you'll draw them soon. If you used Reasoning and had to discard Horus 8 (what with him unable to be Normal Summoned), when Horus 6 attacks a timely Transmigration Prophecy can get you some lovely spell negation. If you've got too many Malicious than you know what to do with in your grave, The Transmigration Prophecy can set things right again. After Dasher's done his thing, you can put him back for another go. Just so much you can do.

Rates/Fixes, please.

Archived