Isle de Brahg - Duel Tournament - Accepting Registration

tehodis

Over the years, on an isle unseen by most human eyes, something was being created, something large, something that would take the world by storm.

The largest Duel Monsters Tournament ever created.

Funded by two of the richest living people on the planet, Gerard Gazdeg, a Hungarian minister, and Divinisa Franchesta, a mysterious woman living in the Northern-most reaches of Earth, owning multiple companies and enterprises throughout North, and South America as well as Europe, and Asia.

For the past twenty years, from 2005 to 2025, an island located in the Carribean which had been uncultivated and untouched, had been set under construction. Two cities with inns, bars, hotels and motels were constructed on opposing sides of the island. One castle sit on the edge of a cliff on both sides of the island as well. One decorated with flags of Hungary, and banners featuring Hungary colors. The other decorated with pure black flags, and simple black colored banners. The first, nearest a city deemed "Gazdegenbourg", was made of stone, and torches were set at foot-long intervals around all four walls. The second, nearest the town deemed "Infusco Villa", had many high turrets, and never seemed to have any light. If one were to near it they could feel the coldness from the inside of it managing to get out into the hot and humid environment of the Carribean isle.

Throughout the entire Island, more high-tech development was needed. All they needed to implement were censors and hidden cameras. Things that could allow Duels to be performed, and for Duels to be broad casted to the rest of the world. Scattered on the island were natural Volcanoes, lakes and rivers, forested area, waterfalls, deep crevices, mountains and much much more. All of this would play a part in the Dueling Tournament that would take place here.

When development was complete, Duelists from all over the world were enticed by television and newspaper ads, pop-ups on their computers and radio broadcasts telling them about registration in hundreds of thousands major cities around the world. From the famous, to the amateurs, decks were approved and tickets for airplanes, cruise ships, and underground trains were supplied by the thousands. And now the tournament was readying for it's contestants to arrive.

And arrive they did.

From air, land and sea people from all seven Continents filled the island, which although small, seemed to accommodate all of the contestants nicely. As they arrived, they were directed to a large clearing (which again, didn't seem like it would fit as many people as it did) where they were to take a seat in one of thousands of chairs and listen to the introduction to the Tournament. Excited talking and whispers filled the area until two figures took their place on a large stage with a single microphone and two chairs on it's surface. One of the two people was wearing a large, baggy cloak with the long wood that shielded their face completely, that person took a seat. While the other, a portly man in an emerald green bowler hat with a golden cane encrusted with emeralds took to the Microphone. He introduced himself as Gerard Gazdeg the moment the duelists quieted down, and introduced the other figure as Divinisa Franchesta, which caused more excited whispers.

"Welcome to the Tournament of Tournaments, the largest international Duel Monsters competition of known time." He spoke in English, although with a heavy accent. Behind him, on a large screen, his words were translated into many different languages. "In this Tournament, the Isle is your table. And when you are ready to duel, all you have to do is use one of the Duel Disks that you will receive in town. Half of you will take trains to the East side of the Isle (He pointed with his finger) to start your Journey in the town of Gazdegenbourg. You will receive a key to your room and directions on how to get to your living accommodations while you are on the train. The rest of you will be taking trains to the West side of the Isle, to start your Journey in Infusco Villa.

"Now, before we send you all off to fight for a place on the first train, allow Miss Franchesta to explain to you the rules of the Tournament, and how to win." With that, he stepped back from the microphone, allowing the cloaked figure to stand to the tumultuous applause, and take to the microphone.

As she spoke, a stern but somehow soft voice filled the clearing, "The rules are simple, but if you cannot remember them - do not worry. They will be with your supplies when you arrive at your living spaces.

"The first rule is simple, all duels must be conducted outside of the towns, and both duelists must use the disks provided. They must be held out of the towns, because through strenuous research, Mr Gazdeg and I have been able to make the monsters as realistic as possible. If you or your opponent is physically harmed, there are many first aid locations through-out the island, as you will see on the map you received.

"The second rule is about elimination. You can only be eliminated from the Competition if you are cheating, your Duel Disk is destroyed or nearest the end of the Tournament when the finalists are selected. You may also choose to leave the Isle at any time. There will be airplanes, ships and trains to take you back to where you belong.

"When the finalists will be selected, has only been discussed between Mr. Gazdeg and I, the information will not be released until it will be happening. The finalists are selected based on Ranking. Your ranking can be found in your Duel Disk's system as well as your Duelist I.D and a communication device should an emergency arise.

"Your ranking decreases and increases with the duels you engage in, and your initial ranking is based on what we know of you. If you win a Duel with someone with a ranking that is equal or higher than your's, your ranking will increase by one star. If your ranking is equal or lower than your's, your ranking will decrease by a star. If your ranking is 1 star, you may only duel those with a ranking higher than yours, and your ranking cannot decrease further when you lose.

"Finally, we are not responsible for deaths or injuries caused by the monsters, other competitors or the Isle itself. You all signed the contract to be here, and thus the responsibility is all yours.

"Don't kill each other trying to get to the trains first. You're all only going to get to begin the Tournament tomorrow morning, and trust me, you'll all be set up and ready before then. That is all."

At this final word, almost all the duelists stood hurridly, knocking over chairs as they looked at their map and personal information card, which told them which side of the Isle they would be going to.

On the stage, Mr. Gazdeg stood and smiled knowingly at the cloaked woman, who was walking away impatiently. She looked at him briefly and nodded, before disappearing into the forest surrounding the area, unnoticed by the distracted duelists.

--------------

If you are interested in participating in the Tournament, just fill out this form:

Name: The name of your character.

Ranking: Your character's initial ranking (1-10, 10 being the best)

Cards: Give me the URLs for the deck you will be using. You may only have 40-50 cards. They can be fake-cards. If you're using fake-cards made by someone on this forum, ask their permission first.

Character's Origin: Where your character is originally from.

Character Image: Optional

When we have a decent amount of Characters, we can start roleplaying. But until then, do not Roleplay! Only submit your forms! Thanks. =)

Characters

Kore "Blackbird" Donnis

Age 17, Initial Rank 2

Approved deck of forty, fusion deck of zero.

Hailing from Rhodes, Greece

Character © tehodis

Thomas "Raven" Renclaw

Age 28, Initial Rank 6

Approved deck of forty, fusion deck of one.

Hailing from ???

Character © Umbra

Proffessor Lukas Grey

Age 34, Initial Rank 8

Approved deck of forty-two, fusion deck of zero.

Hailing from Angoon, Alaska

Character © Megayanma

lukaslq2.gif

Ashley "Snowy" Harrington

Age 19, Initial Rank 7

Approved deck of forty-two, fusion deck of zero.

Hailing from Hull, England

Character © snowyash07

The Isle

30475253fc1.png

21570888vw0.png[/center]

28965618tg2.png[/center]

56608279gf2.png[/center]

p><p>Along the sides of the Isle, cliffs gaze down at the Ocean

Underground Caverns

Over the Isle, there are multiple passages underground, and into caves. They are dark, but at the entrance of all caves and undergrounds passages, there are lanterns for your use.

Gazdegbourg

TBA

Infusco Villa

TBA

@snowyash07, approved. I'll add you.

@027982, I'm going to have to decline that one for now. As you said, still need to post the deck, also at least have the ranking slightly realistic for the character's age. There's lots of doubt about a sixteen year-old having .1 off of the highest ranking. Be realistic.

@Wicket, just choose real cards and make a deck list or whatever they're called. Or use fake-cards. I myself am using cards from my fake-set, some people use a mix of real and fake. Some use just real.

@Element, yup. That's fine.

Alordzynix; PMed you about your deck.

Element; I'll add you once I approve your deck

Kiaer; Fill out a form

Daxinator; You have to give me a list of cards or/and(If you're using some fake cards) images. Also, I'm going to decline your character.

**From now on, I will only accept the following as the maximum for certain age groups.

10-14: MAX 3

15-18: MAX 5

19-25: MAX 8

26+: MAX 10

Archived