--LOCK-- Magic: The Gathering Crossover Contest

Von Csent

To participate, submit 1 card that is a remake of a MTG card, along with a clear picture of the MTG card (so I can read everything), its Oracle notion, or a direct link to the picture.

The contest ends September 14th.

1st Place: 3 Reps

2nd Place: 2 Reps

3rd Place: 1 Rep

Judging is based on:

1. Accuracy to the original MTG card.

2. Translation into Yugioh, including OCG and stats.

3. Picture clarity (not a BIG deal, but try to find a big enough picture).

Remember: Choosing a powerful card does not increase your odds of winning, though the complexity might. It doesn't matter if a card is over-powered in MTG; the key is to keep the power levels relative to each other. Also, do not select a simple card, such as Shock, or a vanilla creature.

A Sample:

Original Card

66244ok3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My entry...

tarmogoyfeb7.jpg

Effect:Increase this monster's ATK by 300 for each Card Type in your Graveyard (Card types are. Monsters:Normal, Effect, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro. Spells:Normal, Continous, Quick-Play, Equip, Field. Traps:Normal, Continous, Counter). During your Stand-by Phase you must send a card from your hand to the Graveyard, if you can't, this monster is changed to Defense Position and cannot change its battle Position until your next Stand-by phase.

Original...

153xm5.jpg

I've made the holo, was my first time so it cuold not be that good. Hope you like the card.

Seeing as how there is only one entry, Ryuchan wins!

The monster is a very good representation of the original. I see, however, that you added an effect to it. This is not necessary, and is not in the original. I see this as being a balancing effect, but it doesn't really need it since it probably won't get much bigger than 1500ish. If a deck is made around it, it could reach 3900 ATK, which compared to the possible 8 power that the original can get is fairly equal. I would eliminate the added effect entirely. Then, apply the increase to DEF as well. The holo is too dark on this particular card, but it is alright for a first attempt. A good effort overall!

Archived