YuGiOh Emblem I: Maju Garzett

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

This is a story about Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters being in the Millennium Items, which are all bridged by their Eye of Horus insignias. Soon, humans start getting trapped inside, and right when the evil Maju Garzett is starting to gain strength...

The catch? See after the prologue (which sucks; I suck at writing intros but am a lot better at everything else.), which is actually shorter than one page, and is thus several times shorter than other chapters, which I'm confident will average about 7 pages each.

Here's the prologue:

-------------------------

PROLOGUE

Five thousand years ago, we monsters were still running free. We had everything we could want: good competition, infinite life, and the best payment in the universe: necessities, praise, and the knowledge that you’d just annihilated your rivals.

But in year 5024 B.C.E., humans gravely overestimated the power and capabilities of us monsters when the tyrant Maju Garzett started gaining power. The fact that we monsters - my friends, Celtic Guardian and Buster Blader, and my rival, Dark Magician Arkana, were among them, as was I - were the ones who had the initiative to stop them was enough for some people, and they kept using us. Unfortunately, most didn’t recognize this, and to avoid the risk, kept us in our tablets for the next eleven years, afraid that we would rebel against our masters like Maju Garzett had.

It was a pain, for the next eleven years, attempting to liberate our friends from their tablets. But, believe it or not, our efforts were in vain. 4993, B.C.E. One of the five Knights of Liberation, special monsters I created who had the power to open tablets, willingly released a horrible creature with his power. The beast’s name was Zorc Necrophades, and a human had to step up to stop it. Many monsters were obliterated by Necrophades, and even the God’s Guard, Exodia, couldn’t stop it. Those monsters that did survive were sealed in the Millennium Items.

I remember the items, their inhabitants, and their monster Barons well, as I must. Mystical Elf is the Baroness of the Millennium Ankh. Relinquished, Baron of the Millennium Eye. Dark Necrofear, Baroness of the the Millenium Ring. Makyura the Destructor, Baron the Millennium Rod. Scorb Umu Rathtek, Baron the Millennium Scale. And I’m the Baron of the Millennium Puzzle, and the foremost Baron. I’m Dark Magician, by the way.

It isn’t bad in the Millenium Items. The Puzzle alone is easily as big as Egypt, and has even more utilities. We in the Puzzle really like it here. No, it’s not bad at all - in any way.

Or at least it wasn’t until Dark Magician Arkana came to the Millenium Puzzle.

--------------------------

You may notice that Scorb Umu Rathtek isn't actually a Yu-Gi-Oh! card. He's a monster I made with the card maker. You can enter cards you made to make appearances in this story. Or, you can make an appearance in this story as you, the user. You'd just need a Fire Emblem-style image to represent you (which can be easily provided if you don't want to make it yourself XD). Or, you can just read the story.

• 1 month later...
Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

A skinny boy with auburn hair, mahogany eyes, and tanned skin drew from his Duel Disk, the fringes on his jacket quivering, as though sharing the boy’s excitement. He was in the finals--in his first tournament!

A dark-haired boy in an expensive and elegant coat drew also. “You first,” he told the skinny boy on the other end of the arena.

Leo Rozin obeyed, and drew another card. “I summon Masaki the Legendary Swordsman (4/1100/1000),” he began. The green-armoured samurai sprang to life before him, nodding once and grunting as he drew his sword.

“Next, I equip him with the Legendary Sword!” Masaki (4/1400/1000) dropped his sword as a short, wide blade with a gold hilt appeared before him. He grabbed the sword out of the air, and the crowd watched as his ATK points rose by 300.

“I end my turn,” he concluded as his foe, Anton Parlyn, drew his next card.

Anton made his move. “I summon Blast Juggler (3/800/900) in DEF mode.” A bright, bulbous thing with arms appeared, along with a set of torches. “Then I set 1 card face-down and end my turn.”

“My move, then,” Leo decided. “I summon Mystical Elf (4/800/2000) in DEF mode!” A rather pretty elven maiden with sky-blue skin and aquamarine robes shimmered and knelt down. She held her hands slightly apart, as though gingerly keeping two magnets at the point where they were just about to attract each other, but not quite, and the crowd watched as a blue ball of mystic energy began to form between her hands. And then, without warning, the orb exploded into a nigh-impassable barrier of cerulean magic.

While Anton was busy watching the Mystical Elf’s defence act, Leo initiated every spectator’s favourite phase of battle. “Now, Masaki!” he shouted, bringing the crowd’s attention to the upcoming technique. “Destroy Blast Juggler!”

The samurai leapt into action, Legendary Sword held high above his head. The balloon-like monster Masaki had set himself to eliminating barely had time to float sideways to evade the jumping slash. But the warrior didn’t stop attacking. He whipped the blade upwards diagonally, in a horizontal stroke that Blast Juggler had to hit the ground to dodge. Unfortunately for Anton’s signature monster, Masaki kept spinning around with lightning speed. Blast Juggler didn’t stand a chance.

Anton cringed as Blast Juggler shattered into many triangular pieces as the telltale beeping told him that his monster had been destroyed. Smirking, Masaki pushed the Legendary Sword back into its sheath and jumped back to his place on Leo’s side of the field.

“I end my turn,” Leo smiled.

The slender child’s foe pulled a card from the top of his deck and grimaced. “I set two cards face-down and end my turn.”

The auburn-haired boy drew and smirked. Anton’s cringe intensified in preparation for what was coming.

“Masaki! Attack his Life Points directly!”

The green-armoured warrior’s smile grew as he slid the Legendary Sword from its sheath. The rich child gulped. The crowd gasped.

Without warning, Masaki sprang forward and swung his blade through Anton’s waist, sending the rich kid sailing into the arena wall. No real damage was done, of course, but the fact remained that if you were hit with such a powerful attack, you would be sent flying, even if a hologram had attacked you.

“Then I set a card face-down and end my turn,” the triumphant challenger grinned as the scoreboard above the arena displayed the Life Points:

Leo Rozin|2000 {|} Anton Parlyn|600

Anton rose to his feet and drew his card. Suddenly, he smiled. “Prepare for something you’ve never seen, peasant!” Now, Leo’s family was not poor by any definition. They all led happy, healthy lives, and had more than enough money to live with. Anton called Leo a ‘peasant’ because his family was filthy rich. The Parlyns were all billionaires, and there were many rumours that Martin Parlyn, Anton’s stepfather, used that money to buy cards that were in ‘first edition packs:’ cards that sold for a hundred times their normal value because they were the second ones made; the first, of course, belonging to Maximillion Pegasus himself.

Looks like that’s true, Leo thought grimly as Anton declared, “I summon Crass Clown (4/1350/1400) in DEF mode!” A grotesque-looking thing in jaunty apparel and a hooked rod appeared, rolling on a ball.

“I’m safe for now, so I end my turn,” Anton concluded smugly.

As Leo drew his card, he realized that he did, in fact, stand a chance. “I summon Celtic Guardian (4/1400/1200)!” he declared. An elf in green armour with blond hair and a heavy sword sprang from Leo’s hand to the field. “Then I play Weapon Swap! This card lets me give an equip card to another monster in exchange for an inability to attack,” he explained, smiling as Celtic Guardian and Masaki looked at each other in interest. Then each of them nodded. Masaki drew his wakizashi and handed his Legendary Sword to Celtic Guardian, who smirked and took the weapon, driving his old sword into the ground.

“As per my Weapon Swap’s effect, I end my turn,” Leo proclaimed, smiling. It would take a strong monster indeed to keep Celtic Guardian (4/1700/1200) down now.

But as it turned out, the navy-haired had a very strong monster. “I sacrifice my Crass Clown--” as the rich duelist said this, Crass Clown was consumed by blue flames-- ”to summon Bottom Dweller (5/1650/1700) in ATK Mode!” Out of the flames rose a green sea serpent. It had gleaming cobalt teeth that looked razor-sharp, and its midnight-blue claws were long, hooked, and overall formidable.

“Next, I activate my face-down Block Attack! Your Celtic Guardian must return to DEF mode!” he exclaimed gleefully as white smoke rose around the elf. Weakened, the Celt dropped to the ground, helpless.

“Attack, Bottom Dweller!” There was nothing the Celtic Guardian could do as it was brutally mauled by the serpent. The ominous beeping noise sounded once again as the Legendary Sword and the Celtic Guardian both shattered into innumerable triangles, victims of the yet-unreleased monster’s vicious jaws.

“Your move, peasant!” Anton proclaimed in triumph. Nothing could stop him now!

But as it turned out, there was something… a card Leo drew. It was called Flame Manipulator (3/900/1000). Leo smirked back at Anton. “I activate Polymerization!” Leo cried. Flame Manipulator was sucked out of its card, forced to surround Masaki with its flames. It was rammed into the green-armoured samurai’s body--or at least, it should have been. Instead their bodies merged as the faithful warrior’s katana widened.

“Flame Swordsman (6/1800/1600)!” Leo grinned with triumph. “Attack and destroy Bottom Dweller now!”

The newly-fused Flame Swordsman rushed forward, blazing blade thrust forward. With no time to shift and protect itself, the fiendish serpent had no time at all to recover as the mighty fused warrior sent his weapon plunging into its open mouth. Bottom Dweller was instantly transformed into thousands upon thousands of tiny flying polygons as 150 more Life Points were taken from the now desperate Anton. The scoreboard quite plainly read:

Leo Rozin|2000 {|} Anton Parlyn|450

“Your turn,” Leo finished.

Anton drew, but did nothing. “I can’t do anything about it. Your move.”

“Flame Swordsman! Attack his Life Points directly!”

The duel was over. It had been a total stamp out: 2000 to 0. All $1000.00 of prize money were Leo’s, as well as the rarest card in Anton’s deck -- which, needless to say, was extremely rare -- and the special variant card. The latter two were extremely interesting…

Obtaining Anton’s rarest card was quite difficult, as he had to badger him for it for a long time. It wasn’t until Anton started screaming obscenities at Leo for attempting to get his card that a judge noticed, and forced the rich kid to pay up.

[align=center]Umbracertalatus (DARK)

Dragon/Effect

Send 1 monster on your side of the field to the Graveyard. Increase the ATK of this monster by an amount equal to the total ATK of the monster you sent to the Graveyard until the End Phase of the turn in which this effect was activated.

ATK/2000 | DEF/2400

[/align]

Upon exiting, he received his variant card:

[align=center]Knollwood

Spell [Continuous]

During the 2nd turn that this card is face-up on the field, select 1 Field Spell card from your Deck and activate it. Then destroy this card.

[/align]

Adding the two cards to his deck, Leo proceeded home.

"I won!" he burst out as soon as he entered his home. "I managed to win!"

"Excellent!" his father, Hanneman, acknowledged. "What was their variant card?"

"Some Field spell searcher," he said, still bubbly. "Umbracertalatus was way better."

"You got your hands on that?" his mother, Arianna, cried out as she entered the parlor. "Anton must have been really confident."

"He was," the auburn-haired victor agreed, "but my match was a stampout! 2000 to 0, if you can believe that!" Hanneman and Arianna were wide-eyed.

Suddenly, Arianna noticfed the time: 17:26:36. "I've got to leave now," she said frantically, slipping her anklets on. "I -- see you."

As she ran out the door, however, there was a flash of golden light --a scream -- a sound like thunder -- and then... silence.

The Millennium Rod lay on the doorstep.

Archived