The Video Game Cheat Code Homage Set

Nekoyuki

As stated, this set of cards is essentially an homage to one of my favourite things about Video Games, the Cheat Code. These cards are NOT meant to be taken seriously, and NOT meant to be actually used in a Duel. They aren't instant win cards, although they may as well be, as they seriously tip the favour of the duels towards the person using them.

To that effect, I want anyone and everyone to A. Rate these cards, and B. See if they can come up with NEW ideas for cards based on cheat codes.

(Yes, I know some of these need MASSIVE OCG edits, these were written up months ago, before I decided to troll these forums and look at the Sticky on them. I went based off of what I knew with the real cards back then)

My list is as follows:

All Artifacts Added

[Quick Play Spell]

This card's activation may not be negated in any way. Select 5 cards from your deck and Remove Them From Play Face-Down. When your Life Points are fewer than 3000, add them to your hand.

All Keys Added

[Quick Play Spell]

The player who activated this card may choose 3 cards from their deck and immediately activate them, ignoring these cards' requirements or costs. This card's activation may only be negated by the opponent by paying nine-tenths of their Life Points.

All Weapons and Ammo Added

[Equip Spell]

Select two Equip Spell Cards from either player's Hand/Deck/Graveyard and remove them from play (You may look through your opponent's cards if you so choose). This card gains the effects of both selected equip cards. This card can be destroyed by paying nine-tenths of your remaining Life Points (This applies to either player).

Cheat Activated

[Field Spell Card]

As long as this card remains active, neither player may destroy any cards for any reason. (Damage Calculation is applied normally.) This card's effect is negated and destroyed if it is the target of any effect.

Debug Mode Activated

[Continuous Spell Card]

This card's activation may not be negated in any way. At the cost of 1000 Life Points per effect, you may activate any of these effects.

-Send any card to the Graveyard to activate the effect listed on the card, ignoring the requirements to activate the effect.

-Special Summon any monster to the field, ignoring the Summoning Requirements.

-When a monster of yours is attacked, negate the attack.

-When an effect would cause damage to your Life Points, negate the damage and destroy the card.

-As many times as you like during either player's turn, inflict 1000 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

-Only once, alter either Player's Life Points to any amount except for an amount less than 5000 or more than 20000. This effect applies to both players and if used, this card is immediately destroyed and Removed From Play.

God Mode

[Equip Spell Card]

The monster equipped with this card has its ATK/DEF raised infinitely, but can not attack or be destroyed for any reason. Neither player may destroy this card in any way, except by paying nine-tenths of their own Life Points.

Restore Health

[Quick Play Spell]

Restore either your Life Points or your Opponent's Life Points to whatever you started this Duel with. Your opponent may negate this card's activation by discarding one Spell Card and one Trap Card from their hand.

(The wording of this card is due to the fact that my friends and I sometimes play with a different starting LP value, sometimes 10000 instead of 8000.)

Invisibility

[Equip Spell Card]

This card's activation may not be negated in any way. The monster equipped with this card cannot be selected as an attack target or as the target of a card effect. The monster equipped with this card may attack your opponent directly.

Moon Jump Activated

[Quick Play Spell]

This card's activation may not be negated in any way. You must return as many cards from the field to the respective owner's hands as you have empty Zones on the field.

No Clipping Mode

[Equip Spell Card]

The monster equipped with this card may attack directly. The player being attacked may both negate this effect and destroy the monster by paying nine-tenths of their remaining Life Points.

(Similar to Invisibility, yes, but it can still be targeted by Card Effects)

Rocket Jump Activated

[Quick Play Spell]

This card's activation may not be negated in any way. You may Tribute any monster on your side of the field to inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to either their Original ATK or Original DEF.

This is all I have so far, and obviously, I have no pictures to show for it. Ideas for those would be greatly appreciated too.

That being said, rate mine and go nuts for your own Cheat Code based cards!

Archived