Draw Warriors

Draw Warriors are an archetype of monsters, based on drawing cards and summoning synchros. They are mostly WATER and EARTH Attributed warrior-types.

[spoiler=Series 1]

Draw Warrior - Pristine Deeps

2900/2600

Level 9

WATER Attribute

Warrior/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner + 5 or less non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Summoned, you may Special Summon 1 monster from your Extra Deck. The monster Special Summoned with this card's effect cannot attack, and is destroyed at the end of the turn.

Draw Warrior - Metal Empire

1000/1700

Level 4

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Machine/Tuner

When this card is Summoned or destroyed, draw 1 card. Once per turn, if you have no more cards in your Deck, you can declare a Draw.

Dark Fusion - Blust

1800/1500

Level 6

DARK Attribute

Fiend/Fusion/Tuner

When this card is removed from the Fusion Deck, draw 1 card. Once every three turns, you may Normal Summon this card to draw 2 cards. As long as this card is on the field, you cannot activate the effects of Spell and Trap cards that require Life Points to be paid or cards to be discarded for one of their effects, except cards with "Draw Warrior" in their card text.

Draw Warrior - Pristine Lake

1900/1000

Level 9

WATER Attribute

Warrior/Effect

This card may be Normal Summoned without Tributes. As long as this card is on the field, the Level of all other monsters on your side of the field is treated as 0 instead of their original Level.

Draw Warrior - Avalanche King

1900/1600

Level 12

WATER Attribute

Warrior/Effect

This card's Attribute is also treated as EARTH. This card may be Normal Summoned without Tributes. Once each turn, you may reduce this card's Level to any Level below this card's current Level until the End Phase.

Draw Warrior - Clay Engine

500/2200

Level 4

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Tuner

Once per turn, you may discard 2 cards to add 1 Normal Spell from your Graveyard and 1 Level 8 or higher monster in your Deck and add it to your hand.

Draw Warrior - Blizzard Engine King

2400/600

Level 11

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Beast/Synchro/Effect

"Draw Warrior - Clay Engine" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters, including 1 "Draw Warrior - Avalanche King"

This card is also treated as a WATER monster. When this card is Summoned other than by Synchro Summon or destroyed by a Synchro monster, draw 2 cards. When this card attacks, you may discard 1 card to draw 1 card. Monsters destroyed by battle by this card are treated as being destroyed by this card's effect instead.

[spoiler=Series 2]

Draw Warrior - Bastard Rush

1800/0

Level 3

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Tuner

He was given that name because that was his annoying catchphrase. Regarded as annoying and low-tiered in society, but he can be suprisingly useful once you know him in and out.

BASTARD RUSH!!!

Normal Spell

Activate only when you have a "Draw Warrior - Bastard Rush" on your side of the field. Discard 4 cards. Draw 3 cards.

Bastard Sword

Equip Spell

You can only equip this card to "Draw Warrior - Bastard Rush". When the equipped monster attacks, draw 1 card.

Draw Warrior - Boundary Line

1800/900

Level 4

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Effect

As long as there is a Spell or Trap card on your side of the field, this card cannot be selected as a target except by Trap Cards. During your Standby Phase, destroy at least 2 Spell or Trap cards on your side of the field, and draw 1 card for every card destroyed by this card's effect minus 2.

Draw Warrior - Mountain Pillar

700/1800

Level 4

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Tuner

Once per turn, when you recieve Battle Damage from a battle that this monster was destroyed in, you may Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. If you Special Summon this card sucsessfully in this way, increase this card's Level by 1.

Draw Warrior - King of the Border

1400/2300

Level 5

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Synchro/Tuner

1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters, including 1 "Draw Warrior - Boundary Line"

When this card is sent to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon or Fusion Summon a monster, draw 2 cards. During your Standby Phase, decrease the Level of all monsters on your side of the field by 1.

This guy doesn't like his private space invaded. See his private space? It's past that line.

[spoiler=Series 3]

Drawing Boom

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, you may destroy this card. Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Draw Warrior" monsters by 900. As long as this card is on the field, remove from play any cards that you draw.

Chain Draw

Quick-Play Spell

You can only activate this card when a Chain happens during your turn while a "Draw Warrior" monster is on the field. During the End Phase, both players draw cards equal to the highest Chain Link of the Chain.

Risky Draw

Quick-Play Spell

You can only activate this card when there is a "Draw Warrior" monster on the field during the End Phase of your turn. Both players draw 5 cards.

Drawing Chain Blast

Continuous Trap

When either player draws cards, the player who drew a card may inflict 500x damage to their opponent's Life Points, where x is the number of cards drawn.

[spoiler=Series 4]

Draw Warrior - Funkfire

600/1400

Level 3

FIRE Attribute

Warrior/Tuner

When this card attacks, draw 1 card.

Draw Warrior - Geomgmnplm (Pronounced geo-mm-gim-n-pl-mm)

1250/1050

Level 3

FIRE/EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Tuner

When your opponent Summons a monster, activate one of these effects based on its ATK:

[*]0-2000 ATK: Do nothing.

[*]2001-2900 ATK: Draw 1 card.

[*]2901-3800 ATK: Draw 2 cards.

[*]3801 ATk or higher: Draw 3 cards.

Dark Synchro - Waruff'n

2300/1900

Level 6

DARK Attribute

Synchro/Dark Tuner

1 "Draw Warrior" Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is outside of your Extra Deck, this card is treated as Level 8. Once per turn, if there are 2 or more "Draw Warrior" monsters on the field, draw 1 card.

Dark Dark Synchro - Yupeblah

2800/800

Level -6

DARK Attribute

Dark Synchro/Tuner

1 non-Dark Tuner Monster - 1 "Draw Warrior" Dark Tuner monster

Once each turn, when there is a "Draw Warrior" monster on your side of the field, you may treat is as a Dark Tuner and increase its Level by 4 until the End Phase.

Blah blah card games blah. Blah blah blah attack mode blah. Blah blah blah?! Blaaaaah.

("Once each turn" includes your opponent's turn.)

[spoiler=Series 5]

Draw Warrior - Funklord

-100/2000

Level 4

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Tuner/Dark Tuner

When this card is used for a Synchro Summon or Dark Synchro Summon, draw 1 card.

Draw Warrior - Flak Blaster

1200/1200

Level 4

EARTH/FIRE Attribute

Warrior/Effect

Once per turn, you may Special Summon 1 "Evolution Token - Draw" (Warrior-Type/EARTH Attribute/0 ATK/0 DEF/Level 4/Tuner) and/or 1 "Dark Evolution Token - Draw" (Warrior-Type/WATER/0 ATK/0 DEF/Level 7) to your side of the field. "Evolution Token - Draw" and "Dark Evolution - Draw" cannot be sent to the Graveyard except as a result of battle or by being a Synchro Material/Dark Synchro Material for a Synchro Monster or Dark Synchro Monster.

Spell Draw

Quick-Play Spell

Both players discard 1 card, then both players draw 1 card. If there is a "Draw Warrior" monster on the field when this crad has been drawn, you may discard this card to either:

[*]Draw 1 card.

[*]Inflict 600 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Curse of Spell Draw

Continuous Trap

When the effect of "Spell Draw" is activated that allows you to draw 1 card, place 1 "Spell Draw" card on top of your Deck,

inflict 450 damage to your opponent's Life Points, and draw 1 card (in that order).

Double Curse

Normal Trap

Draw 1 card. When the effect of "Curse of Spell Draw" is activated, search your Deck for this card and add it to your hand, show this card to your opponent, and inflict 300 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Triple Curse

Normal Trap

Draw 1 card. When the effect of "Double Curse" is activated. search your Deck for this card and add it to your hand, show this card to your opponent, and inflict 150 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Cyclops Doberman

1200/900

Level 3

DARK Attribute

Beast/Tuner/Dark Tuner

Once per turn, you may increase this card's Level by 3 until the end of this turn. When this card is used for the Synchro Summon or Dark Synchro Summon of a monster, search your Deck for 1 Level 4 or lower "Draw Warrior" monster and add it to your hand.

Pit's Bull Terrir

1800/10

Level 4

LIGHT Attribute

Beast/Fairy/Effect

When this card is flipped face-up, draw 1 card. Increase this card's ATK by 500 if there is a "Draw Warrior" monster on your side of the field. Decrease this card's ATK by 300 when a "Draw Warrior" monster is destroyed.

[spoiler=Series 6]

Draw Warrior - Disco King (Credit goes to evilduckjoe for everything about this card. OCG was modified a bit.)

2000/2000

Level 8

EARTH Attribute

Warrior/Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 3 face-up "Draw Warrior" monsters you control. Once per turn, by removing a "Draw Warrior" monster from play, draw cards equal to the equation x/4 = y where x is the Level of the removed monster, and y is the number of cards drawn. Negate the previous effect if the inequality y > 3 is true, where y is the number of cards drawn by the previous effect.

Draw Warrior - Ocean Lord

1400/1500

Level 4

WATER Attribute

Warrior/Tuner

Once per turn, you may remove from play 2 cards in your hand to draw 1 card.

Draw Agoraphobia

Normal Spell

Activate only when there are 16 or more cards on the field. Destroy all cards on the field except "Draw Warrior" monsters, and take 500 points of damage for each "Draw Warrior" on the field.

Draw-Motion Cannon

Continuous Trap

When a card is drawn by a card with "Draw Warrior" in its card name or card text, place 1 counter on this card for each card drawn. Once per turn, you can send this card to the Graveyard to inflict 400 damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of counters on this card.

• 3 weeks later...

Metal Empire and Blust are overpowered.

Why do some of them have two types?

Metal Empire is overpowered because it's a Level 4 Tuner with 1900 ATK that lets you draw a card when it's Summoned or destroyed.

Blust is sort of overpowered because it lets you draw 2 cards when it's Normal Summoned, but I have no idea how you can Normal Summon a Fusion Monster.

Metal Empire and Blust are overpowered.

Why do some of them have two types?

Metal Empire is overpowered because it's a Level 4 Tuner with 1900 ATK that lets you draw a card when it's Summoned or destroyed.

Blust is sort of overpowered because it lets you draw 2 cards when it's Normal Summoned' date=' but I have no idea how you can Normal Summon a Fusion Monster.

[/quote']

Fix'd Metal Empire. Also, a more accurate reading would be "Once per turn, you may draw 2 cards. If you do this, you cannot Normal Summon or Set this turn."

EDIT:Also fixed Blust.

Blizzard Engine King:

Warrior / Beast = Beast-Warrior

I like these' date=' but because of drawing, they'd have strong limits/fobids. ^^ Good set overall, though.

[/quote']

How can I fix their apparent brokenness?

EDIT: Series 3 released.

Fix'd Metal Empire. Also' date=' a more accurate reading would be "Once per turn, you may draw 2 cards. If you do this, you cannot Normal Summon or Set this turn."[/quote']

I still think Blust is overpowered. It can be Special Summoned with Instant Fusion, so you can get it on the field easily. Then, you can Normal Summon it, draw 2 cards, and Special Summon Quillbolt Hedgehog from your Graveyard, and Synchro Summon Black Rose Dragon. Don't forget that you draw a card when Blust is removed from the Fusion Deck.

Disregard the ban/limit comment por favor.

Series 3 Critique:

Drawing Boom: Balanced and original. A definite yes for your set.

Chain Draw: Not so much for a DW deck, better for a chain deck. I know chains happen, but still....I 'unno.

Risky Draw: I'd use it for an Exodia deck, but the name implies a risk. What risk? XD

Drawing Chain Blast: I like it, and the self-kill option.

Keep it up, or EDJ will be a sadface. :D

Fix'd Metal Empire. Also' date=' a more accurate reading would be "Once per turn, you may draw 2 cards. If you do this, you cannot Normal Summon or Set this turn."[/quote']

I still think Blust is overpowered. It can be Special Summoned with Instant Fusion, so you can get it on the field easily. Then, you can Normal Summon it, draw 2 cards, and Special Summon Quillbolt Hedgehog from your Graveyard, and Synchro Summon Black Rose Dragon. Don't forget that you draw a card when Blust is removed from the Fusion Deck.

Bump'd Dark Fusion - Blust's Level to exclude it from Instant Fusion.

Series 3 Critique:

Chain Draw: Not so much for a DW deck' date=' better for a chain deck. I know chains happen, but still....I 'unno.

Risky Draw: I'd use it for an Exodia deck, but the name implies a risk. What risk? XD

[/quote']

The risk of Risky Draw is that your opponent can use their new resources before you can. Also, Risky Draw is likely to sap cards out of your hand due to the maximum of 6 cards ruling.

EDIT: Series 4 released. (2 series in 1 day? Wow.)

Series 3 Critique:

Chain Draw: Not so much for a DW deck' date=' better for a chain deck. I know chains happen, but still....I 'unno.

[/quote']

The risk of Risky Draw is that your opponent can use their new resources before you can. Also, Risky Draw is likely to sap cards out of your hand due to the maximum of 6 cards ruling.

Do you have a reply to what I said?

Series 3 Critique:

[/quote']

Do you have a reply to what I said?

Edited. I forgot... :/ >_<

EDIT: Series 5, with 8 cards and Dark Synchro support, is released. Lolwut? 3 series in 1 day.

Draw Warrior - Funkfire = Best Card Name. Ever.

Series 5 Critique:

Draw Warrior - Funklord: I love -ATK monsters. <3 Can a monster be both a Tuner and a Dark Tuner? For a Dark Synchro: Balanced. For a Synchro: Unbalanced. Choose one or the other.

Draw Warrior - Flak Blaster: For his tributable tokens, he'd be semi'd to ban'd.

Spell Draw: I'd lower the damage to your opponent. Keep it 500-800.

Curse of Spell Draw: Take out the damage to your opponent. 2 cards = -1600? :l

Double Curse: Just like in the first curse.

Triple Curse: It's fine.

Cyclops Doberman: Lower the Level increase!

Pit Bull Terrir: Did you mean to misspell terror? How can a card have 10 DEF? I like the effect though.

Series 5 Critique:

Draw Warrior - Funklord: I love -ATK monsters. <3 Can a monster be both a Tuner and a Dark Tuner? For a Dark Synchro: Balanced. For a Synchro: Unbalanced. Choose one or the other.

Does that imply that you've seen another -ATK monster before?

Draw Warrior - Flak Blaster: For his tributable tokens' date=' he'd be semi'd to ban'd.

[b']I'll fix that later.[/b]

EDIT: The card says that it cannot be sent to the Graveyard except by being destroyed by battle or by Synchro/Dark SYnchro Summon. This presumably excludes the tokens from being Tributed.

Makes sense.

Will lower along with the above.

Dark Synchro abuse, Calculator Abuse, or something else?

Pit Bull Terrir: Did you mean to misspell terror? How can a card have 10 DEF? I like the effect though.

It was supposed to be a misspelling of "terrier" that intentionally was supposed to look like "terror". Also, Reaper of the Cards had 1930 DEF, so why can't I have 10? Also; multiple Dreadroots ftw.

Series 5 Critique:

Does that imply that you've seen another -ATK monster before?

In Kale's fic.

Draw Warrior - Flak Blaster: For his tributable tokens' date=' he'd be semi'd to ban'd.

[b']I'll fix that later.[/b]

EDIT: The card says that it cannot be sent to the Graveyard except by being destroyed by battle or by Synchro/Dark Synchro Summon. This presumably excludes the tokens from being Tributed.

Not all people would get that though, and since it does not specifically state they can't be used for tributes, abuse would happen to your poor Draw Warrior.

Makes sense.

Glad we agree. ^^

Will lower along with the above.

Thanks!

Dark Synchro abuse, Calculator Abuse, or something else?

Exactly.

It was supposed to be a misspelling of "terrier" that intentionally was supposed to look like "terror". Also, Reaper of the Cards had 1930 DEF, so why can't I have 10? Also; multiple Dreadroots ftw.

Understandable now, thanks for the explanation.

Series 6 Critique/Praise:

Draw Warrior - Disco King: *fanboy squeal*

Draw Warrior - Ocean Lord: Either -1 or -2 Level him or Once per turn, remove from play 2 cards in your hand to draw 1 card.

Draw Agoraphobia: I love the Demise-esque effect to it. What's Agoraphobia, though? XD

Draw Motion Cannon: Lower the damage or make it equal to half of the counters on the card.

Overall, nice edition to the set! ^^

Ow. Fangirl squeals' date=' I hear, are worse. Fangirl screams, on the third hand, can knock you out. O_O[/b']

Draw Warrior - Ocean Lord: Either -1 or -2 Level him or Once per turn, remove from play 2 cards in your hand to draw 1 card.

I guess +0s are broken...(Allure ftw)

Draw Agoraphobia: I love the Demise-esque effect to it. What's Agoraphobia, though? XD

"Fear of places or events where escape is impossible or when help is unavailable."

Draw Motion Cannon: Lower the damage or make it equal to half of the counters on the card.

Hmm...I'd say... 400?

Ow. Fangirl squeals' date=' I hear, are worse. Fangirl screams, on the third hand, can knock you out. O_O[/b']

I heard a fangirl scream once. When I woke up, I was 2 years older.

I guess +0s are broken...(Allure ftw)

Broken like broken glass.

"Fear of places or events where escape is impossible or when help is unavailable."

Thanks, Mr. Dictionary! :D

Hmm...I'd say... 400?

Or 300.

Archived