Wildheart Q

okay if my Wildheart is face-down, and somebody activates torrential tribute, is it destroyed, or just flipped face-up or something????

and also, if Magic Cylinder is activated when Wildheart attacks, what happens????

thanks,

HORUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

@torrential: it will get destroyed because it needs to be face up on the field

@magical: i think the trap is negated

here are the rulings i've found

# This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards, but it still may be the target of Trap Cards. For example, you can activate "Two-Pronged Attack" and target your "Elemental Hero Wildheart", another of your monsters, and the opponent's monster. When "Two-Pronged Attack" resolves, the other 2 monsters will be destroyed. "Elemental Hero Wildheart" will remain on the field.

# If you attack with "Elemental Hero Wildheart" and the opponent activates "Widespread Ruin", if "Elemental Hero Wildheart" is your monster with the highest ATK, no monster will be destroyed by the effect of "Widespread Ruin". If the opponent activates "Mirror Force", "Elemental Hero Wildheart" will not be destroyed, but all your other Attack Position monsters will be destroyed. If the opponent activates "Negate Attack", his attack will not be negated, and the Battle Phase will not end. If the opponent activates Magic Cylinder", his attack will not be negated and no Effect Damage will be dealt.

# You may activate "Torrential Tribute" when "Elemental Hero Wildheart" is Summoned, and when it resolves all monsters (except "Elemental Hero Wildheart") will be destroyed.

# You can Special Summon "Elemental Hero Wildheart" with "Call of the Haunted". He will not be destroyed if "Call of the Haunted" is later removed from the field.

# You can Special Summon "Elemental Hero Wildheart" with "Return from the Different Dimension" and it will not be removed from play during the End Phase.

# If "Waboku" is activated, its effect is still applied to any damage calculation involving "Elemental Hero Wildheart". This is because "Waboku" is affecting the damage and is not affecting "Elemental Hero Wildheart".

# For "Elemental Hero Wildheart" vs. "Skill Drain", whichever effect was active on the field first takes precedence. So if "Elemental Hero Wildheart" is on the field and "Skill Drain" is activated, his effect is not negated. But if "Skill Drain" is on the field and "Elemental Hero Wildheart" is Summoned, his effect is negated by "Skill Drain" as long as "Skill Drain" remains on the field.

# [Re: Macro Cosmos] While "Macro Cosmos" is active on the field, monsters that are unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards (like "Elemental Hero Wildheart") are still removed from play instead of going to the Graveyard.

# [Re: Return from the Different Dimension] If "Elemental Hero Wildheart" or "Tenkabito Shien" is Special Summoned by this card's effect they will not be removed from play during the End Phase.

I had a copy side decked in my Earth Recruiter deck, but only because I had a space to fill

He's not really my style, if you can find room for him then he's okay, but I wouldn't take anything out to fit him in.

Although when my opponent uses him with TT, I get pretty annoyed. (it won him the duel too ^^)

If you deck stratos use him. He's just plain good, using torrential ect. works great. And with snatch steal going one of his weaknesses is gone. And to answer your question when he's facedown he is treated as just a card and has no effect(otherwise you could activate other effects while facedown). And in order for magical cylinder to do damage the attack needs to be negated, so he stops it altogether.

Archived