Definition of Spam, What it is...

Dwhale

[align=center]

What Is SPAM? Spam, stands for Stupid, Pointless and Annoying Messages. What constitutes or defines Spam? Here's a helpful definition. (For Those of You That Don’t Understand)

38197-spam.jpg

What Constitutes Or Defines Spam?

1.)Freakishly Short Posts

2.)Pointless(off-topic) Posts

3.)Return Appearances

4.)Conversational Posts

5.)Double Posting

6.)Bumping Threads

7.) Double, Triple Posting

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Freakishly Short Posts

Stuff like "Yes", "Okay", "I don't know", "We know that", et cetera. If you don't have anything to say in a topic, don't do so. If someone asks a question, for cryin' out loud, DON'T say you don't know the answer! If you don't have anything important to say - don't say it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.) Pointless Posts

Posts that have NOTHING to do with the topic. At all. If the conversation sways off topic, that's one thing. If it's just starting a whole new topic with no connection to last one, start a new freakin' thread, or keep it to yourself. And keep topics where they belong. Don't post a question asking about avatar help on the general Pokemon discussion board.

3.) Return Appearances

Aka "Didn't I just see that one a few pages ago?" Please, people, do yourselves a favor and check if there isn't a thread having to do with what you're about to post. If you're asking a question, see no one asked it before you and you're missing out on an answer. And If you start a thread just to say you caught a certain legendary pokemon with an Ultra ball, when there is already a thread about this particular Pokemon - THAT is also SPAM, and it belongs in that thread.

4.) Conversational Posts

These are akin to a guy talking loudly on his cell phone during a club meeting. You're here to discuss topics with all the members of the board. If you want to talk to someone in specific - USE PRIVATE MESSAGES. Or Email. Or AIM. Or ICQ. Or any other freakin' IM program. Don't waste space on the board.

5.) Constant Double Posting

When you post please DO NOT post Again. You Just posted like 3 seconds ago for peet sake. When you double post it makes the forum looks cluttered, messy & unprofessional DON'T DO IT.

6.) Bumping Threads

It's not necessary bad if your not Double Posting but, my god if the threads gonna die... Let it die you can't keep people alive forever so don't keep threads alive & please don't comment threads that have been dead for over a month.

7.) Double, Triple Posting

Well some people clame not to know what it is. It's when you post & 2 seconds later you post again & both your post are parallel to each other. It's not necessarily horrible but, none the less it's still spam & it makes you look noobish & the thread look unorganized & disgusting. If you don't want people neg rep you & hating you I suggest you don't do it.

Last but not least please stop posting in wrong section. It's not very hard people. All you have to do is READ & you'll be fine. If I See ANY Spam at all I promise I'll Report You. That's it. Avoid doing that and you'll be pretty much fine. SPAM will be swiftly dealt with, as stated in the rule topic. We wish you a SPAM-free enjoyable stay at the forums.

~ Your Friend, Kobaar

[/align]

Um.. If you know of any type of SPAM I don't have listed tell me & I'll Add It to the list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived