Metal-Type Support Cards (first 3 good crits get a rep)

Screw. The. Rules. Screw. The. Conformist. I go my own way.

So don't say this is crap just because Metal is a fake type. I have as much right as Konami to create another type.

Metal is a type which describes things that are metallic, but they're not exactly Machines.

[spoiler=Series 1]Metal Meteor

Normal Spell

Pay 1000 Life Points. Destroy 1 non-Metal-Type monster on the field.

Metal Power

Equip Spell

Equip only to a Metal-Type monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and DEF.

Magnetic Draw

Normal Spell

Tribute 1 Metal-Type monster you control. Draw 2 cards.

Metal Armor

Equip Spell

Increase the DEF of the eqipped monster by 600. The equipped monster is treated as a Metal-Type instead of its own type.

Metal Serpent - Sky Dragon

2345/1234

Level 6

WIND Attribute

Metal/Dragon/Effect

This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 1 Metal-Type monster on either side of the field. When this card is Summoned, destroy all monsters on the field that are treated as only 1 type, except Metal-Type monsters.

Metal Serpent - Breaker

2109/1337

Level 6

EARTH Attribute

Metal/Dragon/Effect

This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 2 monsters on either side of the field, 1 of which you control. When this card is Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Metal Core King Token" (Metal-Type/EARTH) to either side of the field. The original ATK, DEF, and Level of the "Metal Core King Token" are equal to the combined ATK, DEF, and Levels of the monsters Tributed to Special Summon this card, respectively. Once per turn, if there is a "Metal Core King Token" on the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Metal Core Token" (Metal-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either side of the field. "Metal Core Tokens" can only be Tributed for the Summon of a "Metal Serpent" monster.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if somebody rates this and gets a rep, then I'll post an Arcane Beast thread in the Written Cards section.

[spoiler=Preview card for Arcane Beasts]

Arcane Beast XX - THE ROFLCOPTER

2000/2000

Level 5

LIGHT Attribute

Machine/Effect

Whne this card destroys a monster as a result of battle and inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, then Special Summon 1 "Arcane Beast XX - THE ROFLCOPTER" from your Deck and halve its original ATK and DEF. When this card is Special Summoned, this card cannot attack for the next 3 turns.

Metal Meteor

Normal Spell

Pay 1000 Life Points. Destroy 1 non-Metal-Type monster on the field.

Metal Power

Equip Spell

Equip only to a Metal-Type monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and DEF.

Magnetic Draw

Normal Spell

Tribute 1 Metal-Type monster you control. Draw 2 cards.

Metal Armor

Equip Spell

Increase the DEF of the eqipped monster by 600. The equipped monster is treated as a Metal-Type instead of its own type.

Metal Serpent - Sky Dragon

2345/1234

Level 6

WIND Attribute

Metal/Effect

This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 1 Metal-Type monster on either side of the field. When this card is Summoned, destroy all monsters on the field that are treated as only 1 type.

Metal Serpent - Breaker

2109/1337

Level 6

EARTH Attribute

Metal/Dragon/Effect

This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 2 monsters on either side of the field, 1 of which you control. When this card is Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Metal Core King Token" (Metal-Type/EARTH) to either side of the field. The original ATK, DEF, and Level of the "Metal Core King Token" are equal to the combined ATK, DEF, and Levels of the monsters Tributed to Special Summon this card, respectively. Once per turn, if there is a "Metal Core King Token" on the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Metal Core Token" (Metal-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either side of the field. "Metal Core Tokens" can only be Tributed for the Summon of a "Metal Serpent" monster.

^OCG fix'd^

Alright, then, here's a critique.

I know how you like to be known as "the unorthodoxist of YCM", but I actually think these cards could be playable. You last one, Breaker, is certainly interesting, balancing a hierarchy of tokens on it, and Sky Dragon has a unique effect that hoses almost all monsters outside of the archetype. The support cards are a bit blah, though; I thought you could have done more with them.

Alright' date=' then, here's a critique.

I know how you like to be known as "the unorthodoxist of YCM", but I actually think these cards could be playable. You last one, Breaker, is certainly interesting, balancing a hierarchy of tokens on it, and Sky Dragon has a unique effect that hoses almost all monsters outside of the archetype. The support cards are a bit blah, though; I thought you could have done more with them.

[/quote']

I don't mind if these cards are playable or not. And I agree that the Spells were boring; however, Types had such boring support in ye olde days.

I think I'll spice it up with the second round of support.

These cards are cool. I agree' date=' you should be able to make your own types, seeing how Konami just recently released a new type of its own.

By the way, why was ROFLCOPTER locked in realistic cards!? There was no good reason to do so, as it seemed like a fairly balanced card.

[/quote']

YCM: Where internet meme cards come to die.

Aargh.

EDIT: I owe you a rep now. T_T

• 2 weeks later...

Archived