[Photoshop Tutorial] Token Editing

TOKEN EDITING -- PHOTOSHOP TUTORIAL

1) Okay first of all, what you will want to do is to produce your base Token, make sure to include everything EXCEPT the Token image. This is important for later on(Unless you want to do some cool effects later, with a soft light layer).

TokTut1.jpg

2) Next, you will want to move that into Photoshop, once you have done this simply go into Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation. Check the Colorize box and then set everything to 0 which will make the entire card Black.

TokTut2.png

3) Now, what you will want to do is repaste the original image and cut around the Attribute and Star(s) with the Lasso Tool with a feather of say...2-4 pixels or whatever you think works untill you have them above the black version of your card. You will probably find some bits of yellow from the original image showing around them, so all you want to do is to highlight them and then go to Select > Modify > Contract. You will want to set this to say 1 pixel then after you've done that you may want to duplicate that layer and then merge those together.

TokTut3.png

4) Finally simply cut out the holographic symbol on your original image and set it into place on your token version AKA the thing in the bottom right corner and also add your Token Image, and you are done.

SaberTokenTest-1.png

[This Tutorial Will Be Remade At A Later Stage, As This Is A Quick And Rough Version]

• 5 months later...

Uh, I suck at using Photoshop and stuff, so this tutorial doesn't really help me, but I have to say that the picture of Saber in your Token is absolute win =/.

Can you do that thing on GIMP?

Uh' date=' I suck at using Photoshop and stuff, so this tutorial doesn't really help me, but I have to say that the picture of Saber in your Token is absolute win =/.

Can you do that thing on GIMP?

[/quote']

Mostly. I think you can't do the contract though, so you'll have to be extract careful when you cut the symbols out. =p

Archived