Royal Vanguard Warriors

JyShin

My first topic in this Realistic Cards Section~!

I made these warrior cards for a contest, and decided to post them here since I was fairly satisfied with their synergy effects.

Also, I made a booster design quite a long time ago, and decided to reuse it for these warriors. So here is my first Booster Design, Royal Vanguard.

6f4m1k3.jpg

Booster Name : Royal Vanguard

As of now, I have 4 Cards made for this booster. All Warrior monsters.

Here they are.

6aq5j0o.jpg5zd64pw.jpg

5y99hn4.jpg6373itk.jpg

If you need me to type out the effects because the fonts too small, please let me know.

Rarity Listing

Sadistic General : Super Rare

Mystic General : Rare

Command General : Common

Delicate Novice : Common

Synergy / Playability

Some of the effects seem very random, so to save you the time to think about how they work together, I'll give you a short explanation.

The main card is, of course, Sadistic General. Once he's out on the field, he will be the main monster that deals damage, seeing as the rest are weak. His effect lets him take substitute Warriors to keep him on the field. Mystic General's effect helps to pull these Warriors into the graveyard quickly. Command General is fairly weak for the tribute requirement, so his use is not to be played as a monster, but instead, being sent to the graveyard by Mystic General's effect. Then Sadistic General can easily use him as equip, allowing him that 500 ATK bonus since he is a level 5 monster, AND because it does not specify that Command General has to be on a monster zone to use his effect, equiping him will allow Sadistic General to destroy your opponent's defenses quickly. Delicate Novice is another useful monster in this combo, because it can be sent to the graveyard by Mystic General's effect which will increase your ATK power, not to mention an extra Equip for Sadistic General incase your low on Warriors in your graveyard.

Yikes.. So much for short.. Sorry~ But hopefully it gives a very in-depth explanation of the possible combos of these cards!

Please comment on it~! Thanks for reading~!

Credits to the amazing artwork used in all 4 cards goes to :

[email protected]

His profile, which links to all his artwork, can be found here :

http://jiuge.deviantart.com/

JyShin

Chaos Pudding : Thanks! I'm glad you appreciate the Playability summary, I was worried it would be a waste of space since it was pretty long. But since you like them, I'll definitely make them more often.

Nightmaresplody : Yeah, the artwork was all done by the same artist, indeed very impressive artwork. Thanks for the comment.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Excellent! They certainly can compete with my Imperial Vanguard series. Though if they could win, I can't say... :twisted:

Anywho, these cards rule! They all go together quite well. The playability explanation certainly helped a lot. 9.5/10.0 due to Command General's suckiness. :(

Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac : Thanks thanks! I'm curious to see your Imperial Vanguard cards when your done! And.. yeah, I had to keep Command General weak incase people thought it would be overpowered, since it gives any Warrior monster 2 attacks, so I thought it shouldn't be too strong with that effect.

027982 : Thanks, I'll definitely check them out when I get a chance!

creator93 : Hehe, yeah the characters do look like they came out of a video game. But the artwork itself I love! Thanks ~!

You are a straight down natural at this. And you have been a really awesome person since I first saw you post. I can't wait to see how far this set goes. The only real problem I have is that Sadistic General to note on how the "Warrior-Types" are equip, like are they treated as Trap/Spell/Union, etc. ^^

Mind you Cyber Dark Dragon and the Dark Dragons don't actually say it, but you know it helps people to understand the card better.

SushiTheLegend : Thanks so much! You, too, were a great inspiration for me when I first arrived at this forum. Thanks for the tip, I'll update Sadistic General soon when I get a chance! Thanks for your comment~!

Big Boy & New Era: Thanks a lot to both of you! I'm glad yo like them.

omfg awesome cards 10/10 your cards are almost perfect i like the pics but i have one problem sadistic general is a holo but you made it a common it's not a super-rare since theres no beam of light going down diagonally anyway really nice looking forward to your cards.

It can be a holo common...

omfg awesome cards 10/10 your cards are almost perfect i like the pics but i have one problem sadistic general is a holo but you made it a common it's not a super-rare since theres no beam of light going down diagonally anyway really nice looking forward to your cards.

It can be a holo common...

<_< true.... but there aren't many of those in ygo

Tehodis : Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them, but they don't compare to your pixel artwork haha. I'm happy I could get your 10/10 again at last~!

Dragons-4-lyfe : Well.. Sadistic General is a Super Rare. It's the rarity where the Image is holo and the Name is in black font. I don't use the Card Makers manual holo style, because I'm not a big fan of the streak of light since it sometimes distracts from the image. Instead I try to add some sparkles to show that it is holographic. I guess it didn't work so well? I try not to use Jedite's style of holographing, and use my own style, but I guess it's not working well... = =

Anyways, it is a Super Rare. The sparkles replace the White Streak used in the Card Maker.

gungeransu : Thanks very much!

darkmaster : Oh, nice! I'm glad you remember me! And thanks for the contest, it was fun making the cards. And I'm glad you like these cards too.

*UPDATE* Darn, unfortunately I only came third in the contest - Contest!! Very Huge by New Era. I guess these cards didn't spark the same impression that it made on you guys! Thank you for your support, and I'm still not sure whether to continue this set... I'm thinking of making another set instead, with ONLY original artwork by myself... Though with Grade 12 starting soon, I probably won't be able to.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived