Naruto: The Sasuke Chronicles (Please Rate!)

TobitoXIII

How do you like The Sasuke Chronicles?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you like The Sasuke Chronicles?

• Best Naruto Fan Fic I've ever seen!
    • It's really good!
    • Eh, it's okay.
    • I've seen better...

This is the story of what happens to Sasuke during his 3 years with Orochimaru, from the begining. No doubt you'll reognize most of the characters in here.

Chapter 1

The Village Hidden in the Sound

Sasuke stepped up to the entrance of the Sound Hideout. This is the Hidden Sound Village? he thought. "Pathetic." He had a long dificult journey. He had recived severe injuries from his battle with Naruo only hours ago.

A sound came from the long stairway leading down to the hideout. A person walked up the stairs. Sasuke raised his arms in defense. Then, he recognized the man. The man wore a purple shirt and a white sash around it. He had white hair and wore large, circular glasses. "You......Kabuto Yakushi...."

"So, you remeber me Sasuke?" Kabuto asked, sounding a little bit surprised. "I find that quite an honor." Kabuto looked at Sasuke up and down. "How'd you manage to get those injuries?"

"A little quarrel. Nothing big."

"I see. Well, should I give you some treatment first?"

Sasuke shook his head. "Just take me to Orochimaru." He began walking towards the stairs.

"O-of course." Kabuto turned and followed him. "So, besides your little fight, was everything fine on the way here?" Kabuto asked as they walked down the stairs.

"Besides the fact of your men dying, yes."

Kabuto froze. "Men? You mean the Sound Four?"

Sasuke turned and nodded. "All of them were killed by Genin. What's the matter?"

"N-nothing. Except that..." Kabuto gulped they were the most powerful ninja in the Hidden Sound Village....."

"Well, they weren't strong enough..." Sasuke continued to walk down the steps. Kabuto shook his head and followed.

They both walked into a dark, dank room with only a bed, a nightstand, and one candle. On the nightstand, there were dozens of medicine and drug containers. In the bed sat a man with his face covered in bandages. He had bluish-green hair. Only one yellow eye was showing from behind the bandages.

"Ahhhhhh, so he's finally come," the man said. "Welcome young Ssssasuke..."

Sasuke looked around the room. He turned his head to Kabuto and whispered, "Where's Orochimaru?"

Kabuto ignored him. "Forgive me, but I have bad news, M'Lord," he said to the man.

"Tell me later," he replied. "I think that Ssssasuke should have a tour of his new home."

Kabuto rushed to the bed and helped the man up. Sasuke noticed bandages wraped around his arms. Blood dripped from the bandage's openings.

"I can stand on my own, fool!" the man yelled at Kabuto.

"I-I apologize, M'Lord," he said out of fear.

The man walked to the door. Kabuto rushed up to him and opened the door for him. They both walked out, and Sasuke followed.

They walked down a long, dank hallway, with only a few candles on the sides of the walls providing light. As they progerssed, Sasuke heard a moaning sound from down the hallway. Soon, the walls changed into prison cells. Many people were trapped inside; men, women, and children.

"This is where Lord Orochimaru keeps his prisoners and test-subjects," Kabuto said. "We keep them here to make sure they will listen to Lord Orochimaru."

Sasuke looked into the cells. Children clung to their mothers, crying. Dishes were spread everywhere, licked clean. Rats huddled into the corners, looking for food. One child walked up to the bars and looked at Sasuke with large, red, teary eyes. The green-haired man turned to the child. When the child noticed, he ran as fast as he could to his mother.

The green-haired man chukled. "Children. Always running to their mothers."

Sasuke turned back to Kabuto and the man. "Look, I'm here for my power. Now, bring me to Orochimaru."

The green-haired man chukled again.

Kabuto gulped. "I wouldn't speak like that if I were you." He turned and gestured his hand to the man. "He may not look it, but the man who stands before you, is indeed, Lord Orochimaru..."

Sasuke froze. "T-this is Orochimaru?"

Orochimaru chukled once more. "Indeed I am, young Ssssasuke," he said in his serpent-like voice. "Welcome to one of your many new homessssss."

Sasuke still stood in disbeleif. The Orochimaru he had met before had pale skin and long, black hair.

Orochimaru noticed Sasuke's look on his face. "Ahhhh, yes. My form. You're not used to it are you?"

Sasuke snapped out of it. "I don't care how you look. I demand my power, now."

"Orochimaru chukled. "All in due time, young Uchiha. All in due time." Orochimaru continued down the hall. Kabuto and Sasuke followed.

"You said before this would be one of my many homes," Sasuke said to the snake king. "What did you mean by that?"

Kabuto answered the question instead, "Since Lord Orochimaru is an S-rank criminal, the Sound Village must change location every few weeks or so. We have many hideouts and prisons located throught the world. In fact, we will have to leave this one in about 3 days."

Sasuke continued walking. "I know the Leaf and the Sand are after you, but who else?"

Orochimaru answered this time. "Many other countries. And the Akatsuki."

"Who?" Sasuke asked.

"An Organization made up of S-rank criminals," Kabuto answered. "Lord Orochimaru was once one of them. In fact, I belive your brother is one of them."

Both Sasuke and Orochimaru froze at the mention of Itachi Uchiha. Kabuto looked at them both and realized what he had done. "Oh, dear! I deeply apologize for metioning him in front of you both. Please, do forgive me..."

Orochimaru just conitued walking. Saskue took the thought of his brother out of his mind and followed.

The three walked into a large open room. They stood on a balcony overlooking a large floor. On the floor, two men fought violently. Sasuke recognized the room as an arena.

"They're fighting over a larger portion of food," Kabuto said. "They will fight to the death over an extra bowl of rice."

Sasuke turned to Kabuto. "Why do you do this?"

"Survival of the fittest," Kabuto repiled. "And, it provides great entertainment for Lord Orochimaru."

Sasuke looked back down. One of the men had another in a head lock. Then, a loud CRUNCH echoed through the arena as the victim's head flew off. Sasuke turned in disgust.

Orochimaru chukled. "It truly is very entertaining. Now, shall we continue?"

The group walked into a room filled with large, bubbling tubes. Some had human bodies in them. Some had animals. Many had snakes.

"This is the research lab," Kabuto said. "This is where Lord Orochimaru has his many experiments conducted."

Sasuke looked at some of the experiments in duisgust. He noticed that some of the bodies in the tubes weren't even moving.

"They're dead," he said.

"Yes," Kabuto repiled. "We lose many of them during experimentation."

Sasuke continued to survey the room. He looked at some of the reports on the counters. One had a clipboard with a name on it. He read the name. "Suigetsu" it said. Below was data on weight, height, and other stuff he couldn't understand.

Orochimaru walked up behind him. "Ahhhhhh, yessssssss. Suigetsu. You may get to meet him some time. He's about your age."

Sasuke noticed another name on the data sheet. But, some other sheet's covered it, so, all he could make out was "Zabuz- Momo-."

Kabuto covered up the sheet. "You can ask him more about himself when you meet him. Come, we have more to see."

He grabbed Sasuke by the shoulder and pulled him out of the labratory, as Orochimaru followed.

They walked down a coridor with many doors on the sides. They walked down the hallway until they stopped at one door. Kabuto pulled a key out of his poket and put it in the door's keyhole. He turned the key and opened the door.

Inside was a room with a bed, a table, a wooden chair, and a nightstand. A candle was burning on the night stand and another on the wall. There were no windows at all. A picture of a large purple snake hung on the wall. They all walked into the room.

"This will serve as your room for now," Kabuto said. "I know it's a little small and dirty, but you'll only be here for a few days." He handed the key to Sasuke. "We will bring you dinner in a few hours. Also, I'll send some of my best doctors to come and heal you up a bit." Kabuto walked out of the room.

Orochimaru just stood in the room. "I'm very glad you decided to come, Young Uchiha." He sat in the chair. "I promise you, you will be strong enough to defeat Itachi within 3 years."

"What if I'm not?" he asked. He had remebered what Naruto had said about Orochimaru just wanting to use him as a new body.

"Let'sssss just say......I'll defeat him myself." Orochimaru stood. "Now I must be going back to my room." He walked to the door. "Oh, and welcome to the Hidden Sound Village." And the door swug closed.

Chapter 2

The Bad News

Sasuke layed down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

He remembered the words of Naruto; I got really jealous when I first met you. I always competed to get better than you. And sometimes.......I think.....No.....I imagine that's what it's like to have a brother......

Sasuke shook the thought out of his memory. He began to close his eyes. But, he heard a rapping on the door. He got off the bed and walked over to the door. He took out his key and unlocked the door. The man behind it wore the same clothes as Kabuto. His face was covered with a purple cloth. His eyes had black, circular peices of glass in front of them.

"Dinner is served," he said. When he got a better look at Sasuke he figured out who he was. "YOU!" His hands glowed blue with chakra. He raised his arms over Sasuke. "THIS IS REVENGE FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME BEFORE!" Before he could lower his arms to strike the defenseless Sasuke, a hand grabbed the man's shoulder. They both loked behind him. Behind him stood a man dressed he same way only he had no black glasses.

"Stop right now Yoroi," he said. "We won't want Lord Orochimaru to get angry."

Sasuke looked closely at the two men. "I remeber you two. You're from the Chunin Exams. Yoroi and Misumi."

Yoroi grunted. "And you're the brat that beat me to a bloody pulp."

Sasuke couldn't see itbut he could tell that Misumi was smiling. "So you remember us." He stepped back into the hall and pushed in a cart with a large silver platter. On the platter there was a large bowl of rice, about 10 peices of sushi, some barbaqued beef and pork, and a large bowl of ramen. "We've just come to bring your dinner." Misumi grabbed Yoroi by the shoulder again. "We must be going now. We will be back in an hour to treat your wounds."

Misumi dragged Yoroi out of the room. As they were leaving, Sasuke could swear that Yoroi had a very angry expresion.

Kabuto opened the door to Orochimaru's room. The snake lord stepped in to the room, followed by Kabuto. Orochimaru sat onto his bed.

"Rrrrrgh," Orochimaru grunted as he sat.

"Be careful of your arms M'Lord," Kabuto warned him. "They're damaged enough as is."

Orochimaru let out a loud sigh. "Now, what was the bad news you had to tell me?"

Kabuto gulped. Beads of sweat poured down his face. "W-well, it appears that our mission to retive Sasuke faced some casulaties..."

"How many casualties?" Orochimaru grunted, already sounding ticked off.

Kabuto mumbled something.

"What was that?" Orochimaru asked in a very angry tone.

"F-five..." Kabuto mumbled. He waited for the snake king's anger to unleash.

"WHAT?!" Orochimaru yelled in anger. He knocked over his nightstand with great force. Medicine and drugs scattered all over the floor. "I would kill you if it weren't for two things: One; my cursed arms." His arms hung limp, dripping even more blood than before. "And two; the fact that you're my best doctor."

"A-about your arms," Kabuto said,his voice quivering in fear. "I-I belive if the treatment I'm giving you continues, they should be better within the next four months or so."

"Ahhhhhh," Orochimaru sighed. "That is good news. But, we have lost Jirobo, Kidomaru, Sakon, Tayuya and Kimimaro. We ay have been expecting for Kimimaro to die any day now. But the others were a very severe casualty." Orochimaru sighed heaily. "But, they weren't exactly our most powerful experiments. We still have our other killing machines."

Misumi and Yoroi walked back into Sasuke's room. "You found your meal enjoyable?" Misumi asked Sasuke. He studied the platter covered in empty dishes. "Hm?" Misumi noticed that the ramen bowl had not been touched. "Do you not like ramen, sir?"

Sasuke replied with a simple "No." He would not tell him that the ramen had brought back memories of his friend Naruto.

Yoroi wheeled the cart out into the hallway. Misumi put on his rubber gloves. "Now, we should start with your treatment."

Sasuke took off his shirt and sat facing the walls. Misumi started preforming medica Ninjutsu on his back. Sasuke felt soothed by the warm, gentle felling on his back. Yoroi began to treat Sasuke's arms. They hovered there hands over him, healing every spot they touched. Sasuke felt better after only an hour.

Misumi and Yoroi began to pack up their equipment. "Thank you," Sasuke said.

"It's not a problem," Misumi responded. "Your Lord Orochimaru's new favorite. Just call us if you need anything else."

Misumi elbowed Yoroi in the gut. "Ugh!" he grunted. "Y-your welcome," he said reluctantly. They both left the room and shut the door behind them.

Sasuke sat layed back down again and stared at the ceiling. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Sasuke found himself smaller. He was in the shrine at his old house. He looked in front of him and saw the dead bodies of his parents. A shadowy figure looming over them. The figure stepped out of the shadows and revealed himself as Sasuke's older brother, Uchiha Itachi.

Sasuke fell to the floor weeping. "Wh-why brother?" he cried out to Itachi. "Why would you do this?"

Itachi stared at his younger brother, his eyes full of hate. "To...measure my strength..."

Sasuke tried to stand back up. He ran at his brother, with his hand curled into a fist. He was an inch from Itachi's face when he felt a sharp pain in his gut. He coughed up blood and looked down at his stomach. He saw Itachi's fist in his gut. Sasuke slumped down to the floor next to the bodies of his parents.

Itachi stood above him. He looked down upon his younger brother. Sasuke looked up. "Wh-why would you do this brother? I know you wouldn't do this..."

Itachi closed his eyes. He opened them and showed Sasuke that they were red with a black, three-bladed swirl in the middle. When Sasuke looked into his eyes he froze instantly.

Sasuke was back in the shrine, his parents praying. His brother stood behind them, with a sword raised above his head. Itachi's voice rang in his head; "YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE LAST FEW HOURS AGAIN, AND AGAIN." Sasuke watched helplessly as his parents were murdered by his own brother again and again.

Sasuke woke up, screaming. He looked at his hands and felt his face. It...it was just a dream...He fell back onto his bed. He had a horrible nightmare about the day he lost his family and he began to deeply hate his evil, corupted brother.

Somewhere, in a cave in the Land of Wind, a large, bulky man sat at a large desk, construcitng something. The gray hazy image of a man with spiked hair appeared behind him.

"What is it now?" the man said without looking. "Can't you see I'm busy?!"

We have recived word that Sasuke has sucessfully found Orochimaru, the hologram said. We want you to find Orochimaru's hideout and kill him.

"Interesting," the man said without looking. "May I use his body as a puppet when I am finished?"

We don't care, the hologram said. Just don't fail us Sasori...

The bulky man turned to reveal himself. He had a hunched back with arms touching the ground. His mouth was covered with a black veil. His face was covered in wrinkles. He had five pointed spikes of hair coming from the sides of his head. He wore a large black robe with a red stripe running down the middle and red clouds all over it. His work bench had the bloody body of a man on it. The body had contraptions and weapons stuffed inside.

"I cannot fail," Sasori said. "For all of my missions are a work of fine art. The Akatsuki can count on me..."

Chapter 3:

Measuring His Power

Sasuke woke up in the morning and realized that he had no clean clothing. When he looked at his nightstand, he noticed a white shirt and a pair of purple pants. The shirt had the insignia of the Uchiha clan on the back; a circle, the top half red, the bottom half white, and a white line coming from the bottom. He changed his clothes and walked out of his room. He stuffed his key into his pocket and walked toward the prison cells.

He stepped up to one of the cells and the young child he saw the day before was holding the cell bars. Sasuke looked around for any guards. He saw none and took something out of his pocket; four pieces of candy saved from his dessert from the night before. He slipped it through the bars and handed it to the child. The child took it and looked up at Sasuke. He wore a big smile and ran to his mother and father. He handed them the candy and said something to them. They looked up at Sasuke and smiled at him. He sent them a quick smile back.

Sasuke turned to see Orochimaru and Kabuto walking down the hallway.

"Good morning Sasssuke," the snake king said. "Did you sleep well?"

"I've slept better," he replied.

"Why you ungra-" Kabuto started.

Orochimaru did his best to lift he bandaged arm in front of him. "Relax Kabuto," trying to soothe his doctor. "It was his first night. Of course he couldn't sleep well."

Kabuto calmed down. He pushed up his glasses. "Yes. You're right, M'Lord."

"Now, Sasuke, shall we begin today's training?"

The three walked into the arena and stood at the balcony. On the arena floor, many Sound ninja stood in a long straight line, looking up at the balcony.

"All hail Lord Orochimaru!" Kabuto yelled out.

"All hail Lord Orochimaru!" the ninja shouted back.

"All hail the snake king!" Kabuto and the crowd yelled out in unison.

Orochimaru stood, looking down upon his subjects. "Welcome all of my loyal servants," the snake king said to his men. "Today, you are graced with meeting my heir; Uchiha Sasuke!"

The men roared in excitement.

Kabuto raised his arms and the crowd died down.

"We must now see how powerful our snake prince is," Orochimaru called down. He looked over at Sasuke. "Please, go down and select your oponent."

Sasuke jumped off the balcony on to the arena floor. He stood and looked carefully at all of his possible opponents.

He pointed to a large, chubby ninja holding a huge sword. He pointed at him and looked up at Orochimaru. "I pick him," he called up.

"WAIT!" A voice cried out from the line. A man ran out in front of Sasuke. It was Yoroi. "Forgive me my Lord, but please, I must fight him!"

Orchimaru looked down at Sasuke. Sasuke looked back up and nodded.

"Fine," Orochimaru replied to Yoroi's plea. "You may fight my apprentice." Orochimaru looked at Kabuto and nodded. Kabuto nodded back and disappeared.

He instantly reappeared on the arena floor between Sasuke and Yoroi. "This match will be used to determine Lord Sasuke's strength!" Kabuto yelled out. "The rules are that only Lord Sasuke is allowed to kill his opponent! Killing Sasuke will give you automatic execution! Once his opponent is defeated, Lord Sasuke must kill him! Are the rules clear?"

Sasuke and Yoroi nodded. Kabuto looked at them both. He raised his arm into the air. "BEGIN!" he yelled out as his arm flew down.

In Orochimaru's hideout in the Land of Wind, the cell bars fell to the ground, sliced in half. All of the prisoners stared in amazement.

"What are you waiting for?" Sasori yelled out. "I have set you free! Now leave before I decide to change my mind!" A large wooden, scorpion-like tail was hanging behind him, coming from under his robe.

The prisoners ran out in both excitement and fear. The las prisoner out was pulled aside by Sasori. His face changed from happy to extremly scarred.

"If you should run into any Sound Ninja, tell them that Sasori of the Red Sand is coming for Orochimaru," he held his tail up to the prisoner's throat. "Or else."

The man was swaeting all over. "Y-yes sir!"

Sasori let him go. "Good..."

The prisoner ran away in fear. Sasori chuckled. The hologram of the spike-haired man appeared behind him.

What's so funny?

Sasori turned. "Nothing. These prisoners are so weak and stupid."

Did you find Orochimaru?

"Not yet," Sasori replied. "But he'll be getting my message soon."

Yoroi's hands glowed blue with chakra. Sasuke had remembered the chakra absorption jutsu from the last time he fought Yoroi. Yoroi charged. Sasuke ran off towards the corner. Yoroi charged again. When he was only a few inches from Sasuke, Sasuke sidestepped him and his hand hit the wall, breaking it and getting stuck. He tried hard to pull it out.

Behind him, Sasuke held his arm low to the ground. A chirping sound began to fill the arena. Sasuke's arm glowed blue with chakra, only in the shape of lightning.

He quickly ran at Yoroi holding his arm behind him. "YAAAAAHHH!!!! CHIDORI!!!" he screamed out loud.

Yoroi noticed and used all of his power to pull his hand out of the wall. As Yoroi stumbled back, the chidori grazed his arm. He fell to the ground, yelling in pain. His arm was covered in blood. But, he tried to ignore it and got back up. His hands were still glowing. He charged at Sasuke again. This time, Sasuke had nowhere to go. He grabbed Sasuke by the neck and began sucking the chakra out of him.

Sasuke could feel his energy beeing drained. Yoroi laughed in excitment. But then, he looked at Sasuke's hand and noticed that it was glowing with blue lighting again. He immedeatlly let go of Sasuke and turned to run. But, he felt a sharp pain in his other arm. The chidori had grazed the other one now. Blood drained out. Yoroi fell to the floor in pain, blood pouring out of both of his arms. He screamed in pain.

Sasuke stood over him. He looked at Orochimaru. Orochimaru nodded at him. Sasuke nooded back. He raised his arms. Yoroi knew it was the end for him.

Sasuke leaned down and grabbed Yoroi by the arm. He pulled him up and wrapped his bloody arm around his shoulder. Sasuke couldn't see it, but he knew that Yoroi had a very confused expression.

"W-why would you do this?" Yoroi asked in bewilderment.

"I have no personal grudge against you," Sasuke replied. "Therefor, I have no reason to kill you."

Orochimaru looked down in fierce anger.

Misumi telepoted down to the arena floor and took Yoroi from Sasuke. "I'll take him from here," he said.

As Misumi walked away with Yoroi, Yoroi looked back at Sasuke. Sasuke could swear that Yoroi looked almost happy.

Orochimaru teleported down to the floor. "This is unacceptable!" he said to Sasuke. "You can never let your enemies live!" Orochimaru sighed. "One of the things you will need to trade for power and revenge will be your emotions. You must lose all emotions except hatered. Hatered will keep you alive."

Sasuke and Orochimaru teleported back to the balcony. Sasuke walked off to his room, alone.

Orchimaru sat back on his bed. Kabuto stood beside him.

"Do not be so angry at Sasuke, M'Lord," Kabuto said. "He just wasn't ready to lose all of his emotions yet."

"You're right Kabuto," Orochimaru said. "But in order to kill Itachi, first he must learn to kill anybody in his way."

The door burst open and Misumi ran in.

"Please excuse me Lord Orochimaru," he said frantically. "But we have just received word that all of the prisoners in the Land of Wind hideout have just been set free!"

"WHAT?!" Orochimaru yelled out in anger. "Who would do such a thing?!"

"One of the prisoners found near the hideout said something about a man named Sasori of the Red Sand."

Orochimaru's eyes bulged in anger. "Sasori...So, the Akatsuki have come looking for me..." He turned to Kabuto. "Change of plans; we're moving to the hideout in the Land of Waves..."

Chapter 4:

Moving to the Land of Waves

Sasuke returned to his room. He lied on his bed and thought about what Orochimaru had said. All of my emotions? Sasuke thought. If it helps me kill Itachi... Sasuke closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

Sasuke was smaller again. He was on the floor next to his mother and father's dead bodies. His brother loomed over him. Sasuke got up. I-I'm afraid! he thought. He ran out the shrine. So afraid!

His brother called out to him. "WAIT! SASUKE GET BACK HERE!"

Sasuke ran out of his house and down the street. He saw the bodies of his aunt, his uncle, his cousins and the rest of the Uchiha clan. He kept running, until he bumped into someone. He looked up and saw Itachi. He staggered back and fell.

"W-why would you do this brother?" he cried out. "Why?!"

Itachi lowered his head. When he raised it again, his eyes were red with four black dots; one in the middle and the other three revolving around it.

Sasuke recognized the eyes. The sharingan!

"Sasuke," his brother said stepping closer.

"P-please don't kill me!" he cried out.

"You're not even worth killing, my cowardlly brother. Run, run for the rest of your life."

Sasuke began to stand up.

"Settle for hateing me instead," Itachi said. "Build up your hate until you think you can kill me..."

Sasuke woke up, covered in sweat. He had another horrible dream about his past. Itachi....Why would you do that? You were the nicest guy I knew... It took Sasuke an hour before he could finally get back to sleep.

Sasuke woke up again to the sound of knocking on his door. He slid off of his bed and walked to the door. He unlocked it and saw Kabuto behind in front of him.

"I apologize for this message being on such short notice," Kabuto said. "But we will have to leave for the next hideout today instead of tomorrow."

"Why are we?" Sasuke asked.

"It appears that we are being hunted. But, that is all I am allowed to tell you. Please pack your things and meet outside."

Kabuto bowed in respect and walked down the hall. Sasuke wondered what could have caused them to have to leave so early. But, he didn't hesitate to follow orders.

He walked back into his room and began packing his few things into the small bag he had brought with him. Under his pile of clothes, he found a small peice of paper. He picked it up and turned it over.

It was a picture of his family. In the picture, he stood next to his brother with his mother behind him and his father behind Itachi. Sasuke was smiling in the picture, and even Itachi was smiling.

A tear dripped off of Sasuke's face. You must let go of all emotions but hatered! Orochimaru had previouslly said.

Sasuke looked at the picture one more time. He held it up to the candle. The picture began to burn, starting with Itachi.

Sasuke walked down the hallway with the prison cells. The small child that he had seen the past few days walked up to the cell bars and smiled at Sasuke. Sasuke paused and looked down at the small child. The solemn expression on his face didn't change. He turned his head forward and continued walking.

Sasuke walked up the stairs, into the blinding sunlight. At the top stood Yoroi, Misumi, Kabuto, and Orochimaru. Yoroi had bandages wrapped around his arms. When Yoroi noticed Sasuke looking at him he turned away. Sasuke reached the top of the stairs and stood next to Kabuto.

Orochimaru looked at the four ninja. "Well, I apologize on leaving on such a short notice," he said. "But we must now leave for our hideout in the Land of Waves." Kabuto walked up next to Orochimaru and pulled open a map. "This trip will take us three days. We have two hideouts in the Land of Waves that will both need guarding." He looked at Yoroi and Misumi. "I would like you to guard the hideout in the north." He looked at Sasuke. "You will come with Kabuto and I to the hideout in the south." Kabuto pointed to a forked road on the map. "We will split up here in two days."

Kabuto rolled up the map and placed it in his pocket. "Before we leave, we must take off or cover any sign on our clothing that we are from the Sound."

Sasuke took out a blue robe and placed it over his white one.

Misumi unfastened the peice of cloth over his head and mouth. He had brown, shaggy hair.

Yoroi took his off as well. His hair was like Misumi's only a little longer.

Kabuto looked at them all. "We appear ready to go," he said to Orochimaru.

"Orochimaru surveyed his men one last time. "Good. Then let's go."

Sasori walked into his cave in the Land of Wind. He unrolled a map on his workbench. He crossed of the Land of Wind.

"He's not there," he said impatiantly.

The hologram of the spike-haired man appeared behind him.

We are growing impatient Sasori, he said in an angry tone. If you don't hurry, we'll have to ask someone else.

Sasori turned. "Relax. I have a spy among them. I know where they are headed now."

Good, the man said, sounding a little more content. I expect a report in two days. The hologram faded.

Sasori looked at his map. "My next destination..." He circled the Land of Waves.

Orochimaru's group had been walking for the whole day. Kabuto walked up next to Orochimaru and whispered in his ear. Orochimaru nodded.

Kabuto yelled out, "STOP!" The whole group stopped on command. Kabuto pushed up his glasses. "We will camp out here for the night." He pointed at Yoroi and Misumi. "Go find firewood."

The two dropped their packs onto the ground and walked into the woods without question.

"What should I do?" Sasuke asked.

"Set up your mat," Kabuto said. "We will have to get to sleep early if we're going to make it to the Land of Waves in the next two days."

Sasuke took his mat out of his pack and rolled it out onto the ground. He saw Kabuto do the same for Orochimaru and himself.

In the woods, Yoroi and Misumi had found a good amount of wood. Yoroi walked ahead as Misumi stayed behind.

Misumi had heard a crunching noise behind him. A bulky man walked up behind him.

"How much longer will it be?" Sasori asked.

"It will be about another two days, sir," Misumi said. "And Yoroi and I will be splitting away from the others tommorow."

Sasori sighed. "Well then," he took out a small metallic chip. "I want you to attach this to Sasuke's backpack."

Misumi took the chip without hesitating. "Your wish is my command." Misumi turned and walked away.

"Such a good little mind puppet," Sasori said. He chuckled and turned into the dark woods.

When Misumi returned, Yoroi and Sasuke had already started a fire. Kbuto sat and held Millitary Rations Pellets in a large bowl. Sasuke and Yoroi walked over and took a handfull and sat down.

Yoroi looked up at Misumi. "Where were you?"

"Uh...I tripped and dropped my firewood," Misumi lied. But I got it all back." He placed his wood next to the fire.

Misumi unrolled his mat between Sasuke and Yoroi. He noticed that Sasuke was too busy eating. While Sasuke and Yoroi weren't looking, Misumi placed the chip into Sasuke's bag.

Kabuto walked up to the fire. It was almost dark. "I'll take care of the fire for two hours," Kabuto said. "Yoroi, I'll wake you up when it's your turn to be look out for two hours. Then, wake up Misumi when it's his turn. Good night everyone."

Sasuke slowly closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

This time, Sasuke's dream was in a forrest over a cliff. Two men sat on rocks, with a small fire inbetween. One was a large man, the other was somewhat smaller. They both wore black robes.

"So, have you located the six tails yet?" the large man asked.

"No," the other man said. "These things take time."

The larger man took a large bite out of a fried fish on a stick. "Well, we need to hurry up. The Akatsuki are behind. We need to find the first one."

The other man lost his concentration and looked over at Sasuke's point of view. "We're being watched, Kisame," he said. He took out a kunai and threw it at Sasuke's point of view.

Sasuke woke with a start. It was early morning. Everyone was packing their things. Sasuke got up and rolled up his mat. He placed his pack over his shoulder.

Once everyone was ready, they left the site.

They walked for maybe 10 miles when they stopped at a fork in the road. Yoroi and Misumi stepped to the right side and Orochimaru, Kabuto and Sasuke stepped to the left. Yoroi and Misumi saluted Orochimaru. Kabuto saluted them back. Orochiamru would have, but his arms could not move.

Yoroi looked at Sasuke and saluted him as well. Sasuke saluted him back. The two groups went their seperate ways.

Kabuto and Sasuke did the same procedure from the night before. This time, Kabuto and Sasuke had to share the look out duty. Due to this, Sasuke didn't sleep well.

In the morning, Kabuto walked up to Sasuke as he was preparing. "We will arive at the hideout at about 4:00 this afternoon," he said.

Sasuke nodded and continued to pack. Kabuto walked away and began packing as well.

The group walked for twelve hours with only one break. Sasuke was very tired by the time they rached the dock. At the dock, there was a small boat that brought them to the hideout.

The man in the boat didn't speak.

Sasuke looked out into the distance. He saw a large bridge. He had recognized the bridge from one of his first missions. The Great Naruto Bridge, he thought. He turned away his gaze and looke down at the water.

Kabuto pointed out into the mist. "There it is," he said. A large, stone foretress appeared on a large stone cliff. "Our new home for the next week."

Sasori stepped onto the dock. "All the way out there?" he sighed. "I'll wait until tommorow."

Chapter 5:

Akatsuki Invades!

Sasuke looked up at the large foretress in the middle of the water. This would be his home for the next week.

The group stepped off of the boat and walked up a tall flight of stairs to the hideout's entrance.

The walked in to the hideout. The foyer had two small tables, one against each wall. Pictures of snakes hung on the walls. Candles were burning on the walls. In the middle of the hallway stood a young girl Sasuke's age.

When she saw Sasuke, she blushed. She wore a white shirt and very short black shorts. She had long balck hair and wore red glasses.

Kabuto walked up to her and she snapped out of her trance.

"Hello Lord Kabuto, Lord Orochimaru," she said to her superiors. She bowed respectfully.

"Hello, Karin," Kabuto said back. "I apologize for having to come on such short notice."

"It's no problem sir." She looked at Sasuke again.

Kabuto finally noticed what she was looking at. "Ah, yes. This is Lord Orochiamru's new apprentice, Sasuke Uchiha."

Karin blushed again. "Hello sir." She held out her hand, waiting for a handshake.

Sasuke looked at her hand and ignored it. "Hello." He looked at Orochimaru.

Karin put down her hand and looked a little disapointed.

"Sasuke," Orochimaru said. "This is the warden of our hidout here in the Land of Waves, Karin. She is also one of my prize test subjects."

Sasuke didn't respond, because he could care less.

"Now, if you'll follow me," Karin started. "I'll show you all to your new rooms."

Karin took out a key and opened a door. The room looked like Orochimaru's at the last base.

"Here you are Lord Orochimaru," she said. "Clean as always. I've made sure to restock on your medicine."

Orochimaru walked in. "You could've done better," he said.

She tried to keep a smile. "I'll try to do better next time, sir."

Karin, Kabuto and Sasuke walked away from Orochimaru's room, leaving him inside to rest. Karin stopped at another room and took out a key. She opened the door to reveal a room with only a bed, two candles and three work benches.

"I hope this room is to your liking Lord Kabuto."

He walked in and inspected the room. "It looks fine, thanks."

Karin and Sasuke continued down the hall to another door. Karin unlocked this one and she and Sasuke stepped inside.

"Here you are sir," she said. "It is very nice to meet you..." Karin began to step out of the room. But Sasuke grabbed her by the shoulder. She looked behind herself and blushed.

"Listen, I need to talk to you," he pulled her back and closed the door behind them. He sat on the bed and she did the same. "Why does Orochimaru want me here."

Karin's face was completely red. "I-I wouldn't really know." She tried to get a little closer to Sasuke.

"I've heard about his ability to make other people into his own body." Karin's hand was now touching Sasuke's, but he didn't notice.

"Y-you should really trust Lord Orochimaru," Karin said. "He may be scary, but he wants to help people like us. He wants to help those who have had horrible lives." Karin's face got a little closer to Sasuke's.

His heart began beating fast. He he forgotten what he was talking about. He leaned a little more towards Karin until their lips touched. Sasuke was always popular with girls in the Ninja Acadamey, but he never actually had a girlfriend.

Sasuke remembered something instantly. He pulled himsleff back. "I-I can't," he said. "Lord Orochimaru said to let go of all of my emotions..."

Karin pressed her finger to his lips. "We don't need to listen to Lord Orochimaru," she said. "We don't need him at all."

"I do," Sasuke said. He pushed Karin out of the room. "I-I'm sorry." He slammed the door in her face.

A small boat approached the island hideout. When it landed, a large bulky man came out.

Sasori looked up at the foretress. "This is it," he said. "It's time for Akatsuki's payback..." Sasori slowly walked up the stairs into the hideout...

Sasuke dreamed about the two men again. This time, they had a young man with long black hair tied up. The young man was completely knocked out.

"Well, it's finally over with," the large man said. Sasuke had heard that his name was Kisame before. "Now, we need to extract the bijuu."

"But we must wait for Sasori to complete his mission," the smaller man said. "Once he's finished, we can start with the extraction."

The young man groaned. Kisame wiped some dirt and blood off of his face. "Those Jinchuriki sure are troublesome."

"Yes, and we have eight more to go."

Kisame groaned. "Well, we're half way finished with our quota."

The samller man looked in the direction of Sasuke's point of view.

"What's the matter, Itachi?" Kisame said.

"We're being watched again." Itachi waved his hand over Sasuke's view.

Sasuke woke up, with Kabuto shaking him.

"Wake up!" Kabuto yelled. "There's an intruder!"

Sasuke woke up and jumped out of bed. In the middle of the hallway, Sound ninja were being swatted away by a large bulky man with a tail.

Sasuke saw a Sound ninja land right next to him. He had blood pouring from his chest.

All of the Sound ninja were scattered everywhere. The bulky man emerged. He noticed Sasuke right away.

"You! You're Sasuke Uchiha!" he said.

Sasuke stood in fear. He recognized the man's robe. "Y-you're with Akatsuki!"

You're a smart boy aren't you?" the man said, waving his tail. "I am Sasori of the Red Sand. By the order of Akatsuki, I have come to kill you and Orochimaru." Sasori's tail stiffened. "And I'll start with you!"

Sasori rushed at Sasuke. Sasuke had no way of defending himself. This was the moment he was going to die.

Suddenly, snakes wrapped around Sasori. Sasori and Sasuke looked back. Behind Sasori stood Orochimaru, with snakes coming out of his sleeve.

"Sasori," the snake king said. "It has been too long."

"It has Orochimaru," Sasori repiled. "But this will be the last time you see me...or anything." Sasori's tail slashed the snakes off and they fell to the ground, oozing blood. Sasori rushed at Orochimaru. "YOU WILL DIE HERE!"

Suddenly, Sasori's robe fell off in shreds. He had normal arms, but his back was a large smiling face. His tail came out of the face's mouth. Sasori was on all fours.

A sword was in Orochimaru's hand.

Sasori chuckled. "Even handicapped, you are still very powerful." His tail slashed at Orochimaru's face. "But not powerful enough." Sasori's eyes widened.

Behind Orochimaru's slashed face, were bright yellow eyes. his face was pale. He had long black hair. His long tounge slithered out of his mouth.

"Ah, back to my old body," Orochimaru said, his voice like a snake's.

"So, you perfected it," Sasori said. "But my form of the jutsu is more powerful."

Behind him, Sasori heard a chirping noise. He turned to see Sasuke running at him with a chidori. Sasori sidestepped it and Sasuke crashed into the wall.

Sasori looked around him. Orochimaru was in front of him, Sasuke behind him, and Kabuto on his right.

"Looks like I'm outnumbered," Sasori said. "I'll have to make you all my puppets next time." Sasori instantly disappeared.

Orochimaru and Sasuke looked very ticked. Kabuto started to walk around and heal the surviving Sound ninja.

"Hey," Sasuke said to Orochimaru. "When he said that his form of the jutsu was more powerful, which jutsu was he talking about?"

Orochimaru chuckled. "The immortality jutsu," he replied. "It's a jutsu that allows the user to breathe life into a dead body and make it their own."

"Is that why you had a different body?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes it is. You see, this jutsu will help me reach my goal of learning every jutsu ever."

Is that what Naruto was talking about? Sasuke thought. He said Orochimaru just wanted me as a new body... Sasuke shook the thought out of his mind and began to walk away.

But, Orochimaru grabbed his shoulder. "I have something for you," he said. A second sword came out of his left sleeve. "This is the Kusanagi Blade. It is a sword of extreme power. Go back to sleep and I will teach you how to use it tommorow."

Sasuke took the sword and went back to his room.

• 2 months later...

Archived