|Heroic Darkness| ~Zone I-1 Posted~

Parting Shot

The prologue seems a bit rushed, even for an introduction, but that’s not the only reason why I enjoyed the first chapter more. I’m not a fan of fanfics which include too much dueling, but I quite enjoyed this one, as the duels are kept in a realistic way. Actullay this seems to be one of the better duel-based fanfics. Your writing style is alright, there were no grammar or spelling mistakes and although I’m not a partisan of this script format, it strangely didn’t bother me too much during the duel parts. The problem lies more in the plot and character development. The idea at first reminded me of “The Island” with the promised tropical place and now it seems that the person behind the game is some kind of marionettist who enjoys his twisted games. Interesting... I can see a lot of development potential coming from the idea, but it’s your descriptions that you should work on, as well as character development. They seem so flat right now.=/

Grammar & Spelling: 10/10

Vocabulary: 6.8/10

---------------------------------------------------

Style: 8.4/10

Plot: 5.8/10

Originality: 6.2/10

Structure: 7/10

Content: 6.3/10

I have the feeling that Darth is a good writer and more experienced with other things than Yugioh fanfics.

The prologue seems a bit rushed' date=' even for an introduction, but that’s not the only reason why I enjoyed the first chapter more. I’m not a fan of fanfics which include too much dueling, but I quite enjoyed this one, as the duels are kept in a realistic way. Actullay this seems to be one of the better duel-based fanfics. Your writing style is alright, there were no grammar or spelling mistakes and although I’m not a partisan of this script format, it strangely didn’t bother me too much during the duel parts. The problem lies more in the plot and character development. The idea at first reminded me of “The Island” with the promised tropical place and now it seems that the person behind the game is some kind of marionettist who enjoys his twisted games. Interesting... I can see a lot of development potential coming from the idea, but it’s your descriptions that you should work on, as well as character development. They seem so flat right now.=/

Grammar & Spelling: 10/10

Vocabulary: 6.8/10

Style: 8.4/10

Plot: 5.8/10

Originality: 6.2/10

Structure: 7/10

Content: 6.3/10

[b']I have the feeling that Darth is a good writer and more experienced with other things than Yugioh fanfics.[/b]

Thanks Raven! I really appreciate the detail you gave in your response, it helps me know what I need to improve on ^_^. As for the bold statement, yeah; I love writing general fiction, and this was the first time i tried my hand at fan fiction :P

• 4 weeks later...

Lol! Thanks ^_^

There's been a snag (I got a bit of writer's block)' date=' so the next installment won't be out for another month or two while I dredge up my old snippet journal looking for ideas.

[/quote']

Fixed, am I right? :o

Haha, yeah. That sounds about right ;)

Are you open to suggestions?

Well even if you aren't I'm still going to suggest stuff anyway

need new characters!!

Oh, don't worry, I have several new characters ready to be used, I just have to actually write them in :P

Yeah! :D

But that was great dude :D

Also how did you do those Life Point Signature things?

Azrael is just like me!

He has an Evil Hero Deck!

But lucky him got his monsters ATK to 6700 or something :(

My highest is 5700 :(

But still... Great Stuff!

Archived