Snipe Hunter - The Game Changing Card

i hate dueling against snipe. in a sky scourge deck, not only does it destroy cards, it gets monsters in the graveyard. It's broken, plain and simple. most of the cards in cyberdark impact weren't good, Snipe should have been ultra rare in it. Then, not everyone would have one.

This has happened to me before. I have a Horus LV8, Spirit Reaper, D.D. Warrior Lady, and Royal Decree on my side of the field (got them in a anti-spell/trap lock ;-)). They summon Snipe Hunter and discard all 4 cards in their hand (which included a Jinzo) and blow up everything on my side of the field. Then they use Call on Jinzo and attack me directly for 3900 damage. I draw a Mirror Force (which I can't use, but set it down anyway). Next, they use Snipe's effect and kill my Mirrior Force and attack me with another 3900 damage and I lost. Before all of this happened, I had about 7000 Life Points and my opponent had less than 1000.

Slime, its probably only good when E plays it, cuz he always has like 5 cards in his hand, and they are all dragons, and he doesnt need them so he can just discard until its effect works, then summon ultimate dragon once he takes out all of your cards. it is really annoying, but in a duel between two Monarch Decks, its not gonna be that great seeing as you want to keep the cards in your hand.

This has happened to me before. I have a Horus LV8' date=' Spirit Reaper, D.D. Warrior Lady, and Royal Decree on my side of the field (got them in a anti-spell/trap lock ;-)). They summon Snipe Hunter and discard all 4 cards in their hand (which included a Jinzo) and blow up everything on my side of the field. Then they use Call on Jinzo and attack me directly for 3900 damage. I draw a Mirror Force (which I can't use, but set it down anyway). Next, they use Snipe's effect and kill my Mirrior Force and attack me with another 3900 damage and I lost. Before all of this happened, I had about 7000 Life Points and my opponent had less than 1000.

[/quote']

Wow, that's gotta suck. It's not every day an anti spell/trap lock gets shattered, especially by 1 monster.

Snipe Hunter isn't THAT good. First off it can be a -1 by not rolling correctly, but it can be a +2 if you roll correctly and pitch frog.

On the chance element, a 2 in 3 chance isn't bad and certainly is not broken. It takes a good player to use it in the right situation and take advantage of using priority with it's effect to hit a monster. You NEVER, NEVER use it to kill f/d spells/traps unless you will possibly win that turn or if you must destroy the spell/trap or force it's activation to your benefit.

Star, I think, suggested that it should have a "once per turn" effect, but then Snipe wouldn't be good and would be practically useless. Who wants a monster with a 2 in 3 of destroying a card with an effect that can only be used once a turn? It'd cause you to lose games quicker than you can say Chicken Wings. (Random)

Archived