Ultimate Offering (for Monarchs?)

i was thinking about different ways to easily summon Monarchs (seeing as snatch is banned, and Brain Control limited) and i thought maybe Ultimate Offering could be good.

like, you can just set Treeborn and then use Ultimate Offering to trib it for a Monarch, then it comes back next turn. its like just Tribute Summoning it without a tribute.

any good?

Exactly... things like Brain Control, well, I'll run through the options:

a) Thestalos: Brain Control + Thestalos (-2) :: Opponent's Monster + Discarded Card (+2) = 0, BUT you now have a +2 in field advantage and a 2400 beatstick.

b) Mobius: Brain Control + Mobius (-2) :: Opponent's Monster + Up to 2 Spell-Traps (+1/+3) = -1/+1 (but if opponent's S/T's are chained, you've made them activate at a sub-optimal time), and again, +2 on field and 2400 ATK.

c) Raiza: Brain Control + Raiza (-2) :: Opponent's Monster + 1 card + 1 draw (+1/+?)

= -1/+? (Raiza's effect can't be measured easily in terms of card advantage. It's a +2/+3 on the field though, and if you spin, say, DMoC, you're really racking up advantage.)

See, in no case there is there any advantage lost... and that's what Monarchs are all about.

Archived