LOCK NOW!!!!

JG.

I am up to my knees in crap right now as i hate my GIMP. How do make a... wait i'll try to explain.

I use the "magic wand" and the parts i have made a border thingy around i want completely removed so that when i copy pasta it onto another file i can see through the bits that i have removed! Please help! 3 reps and some points to the first one's tut that works!

Ok, i'll try again. I have a file where i need some of it removed so that you can see the checkerboard pattern underneath so i use the magic wand to get marked, highlighted, call it what you like but then i need to know that when i've used the wand how do i remove the white so you can see the checkerboard pattern underneath? Is that a clear enough explanation for you?

Finally an experienced GFX'er. But it's not an entire layer i need deleted. Look heres some pictures to explain it better:

And yes, i know the pictures you see are done on paint but the stuff that i need help for is on GIMP but you can see what i've done on these pictures.

[spoiler=Pic 1]

step1qc6.png

[spoiler=Pic 2]

step2ms1.png

I need the bit inside the marking removed. Hope the pics help.

Then you can't do anything. If the magic wand doesn't do anything then, hard luck. Also you can use another tool to do this. The path tool or the polygon lasso tool.

Archived