Making A Good Card (Plus Holo Instructions)

Cowboy Dan

Hello, and welcome to my tut. I'm a pretty good member and I am an EXPERT at making cards. Check this out:

First, you need the pic. I'll pull out one of my fav's (You're pic has to be 244X248)

Reaper.jpg

Now, it needs a holo. Holoing is very simple, however you must have the GIMP software. If you have the GIMP software, save this picture:

Holo.png

Now, you must open you're main pic, (In my case, it is the reaper) using GIMP. Than, got to File>Open As Layers and open the holo pic above. Than, click Windows>Dockable Dialogs>Layers and a tiny window will appear. It will have a bar labeled "Opacity". Set the opacity to about 25 and it is ready. Save the pic as and it should look like this:

Reaper-1.jpg

Now that the pic is done, we move on to the card. First, the name. "The Reaper" is to original so I'll get creative:

155008eb0.jpg

Now the card type. He's a single person, not a mix so not fusion. Just a regular monster. I'm also going to add an effect. Card's are more realistic with an effect. Now the attribute. He's totally DARK. Let's see how it looks:

155008yt7.jpg

Great. Now the level. The level usually depends on the ATK and DEF. I'm not going to make the reaper super powerful, it might not be balanced. I'll make it a 5. The card rarity is important to. Like I said, you need to keep it balanced. I'll make him a super rare. Now let's look:

155008iw4.jpg

That's good. Yu allready have the pic so we'll skip that. The circulation can either be LIMITED EDITION, 1st Edition, or none. Mine will be 1st Edition. Limited Edition is for rreally powerful cards. Now the set ID. It is important, and this is how it should look: BGQI-V011 That makes the card more realistic. Now let's see:

155008gc8.jpg

Super. Now the card type. There are many, but I can't list them. The most common for reapers or zombies is either Zombie- type or Fiend- type. I'll make mine a fiend. Now for the effect. Make it a good one. Don't copy it from cards and use good OCG. Here is my effect:

This card can only be tribute summoned by tributing 1 face up Warrior- type monster on the field. When this card attacks, it's ATK becomes 2400 during the damage step only. When you activate this card's effect, this card's DEF becomes 0. Only once while this card is face up on your side of the field, you can destroy one face up spell card your opponent controls.

Let's see...:

155008sw3.jpg

WOW! Were almost done! Now for the ATK and DEF. Since it is 5 stars, I'm going to make the ATK 2000 and the DEF 1900. Now for the creator you just type in your username. The year is in already, and you only need to hit "Random" for the serial number. Let's see:

155008lz4.jpg

That look's great! Just follow these rules and you'll be great!

dude' date='don't double thread,just wait,and this is the wrong section,should be in the tutorials in the graphic design section.well the holo part,but isn't there already a card making tut that is stickied?Cyber Altiar's the A-Z of card making,more detailed.

[/quote']

I didn't mean to double, a tech problem. Lock the other one. Oh, and it's a tut. IT tells you how to make a good card.

well' date='there wouldn't be a point posting something that can be found in a thread with much more details,tons of other things about this subject,and sticked for easy reference now would it?

[/quote']

It doesn't matter if their is a points or not. I don't know about EVERY thread on YCM and neither do you. Maybe I wanted to share MY way of making cards. It doesn't matter if other users have better tuts.

• 5 weeks later...

A good card doesn't need a holo. If you're going like that, give it a Gold Sticker (1st Edition), a name holo, and correct OCG! I'm in the middle of making my own set of tutorials, and you're going to get pwned, no offense. MoneyPoney, he can have a try, even if it does fail compared to other tutorials.

• 9 months later...

Archived