Yu-Gi-Oh: Rise of the Astral Beasts [possible PG-13]

texaschickenlittle

[spoiler=[b]Prolouge[/b]]

‘…and despite the reclusiveness of the Academy for Gifted Students and Duelists in the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas, the AGSD has many extracurricular activities to keep our students busy. Horseback riding, tennis, football, choir, and of course dueling will keep your student healthy, physically and mentally; furthermore…’

“Will you shut up, Clark!” interrupted a female voice.

Stirring, a young man, his brown hair messed up by the window of the air-conditioned chartered bus they were riding in, and a red imprint on his face from the window, he sleepily looked at his two peers, a short, but not skinny Hispanic girl with long, raven colored hair and blue eyes and a thin, bespectacled guy with red hair and grey eyes, both of whom had begun arguing.

“Well, what else is there to do, Serena?” Clark snapped at her, earning him a glare from the girl, “I’ve check and double checked my deck and have studied my notes for the exam.”

“Well, you could look at your deck again so you can calm yourself down,” Serena’s voice was becoming less angry and more sympathetic, “You’re incredibly nervous.”

“Well, duh,” he sarcastically remarked, “if I don’t get into the Academy, my parents will be pissed.”

“Look…get some sleep like John,” she sighed, “Maybe that will help you feel better.”

“Actually, I’m already up,” John yawned and stretched, some popping noises were heard coming from his body, “how much longer until the arena?”

“Not long I’m afraid,” Clark shuddered, “we’re already on the Loop, so we should be there in ten to fifteen minutes.”

John turned to the nervous Clark, “Clark, don’t be so nervous. If you want to be nervous about someone, be nervous for me,” he chuckled.

This seemed to calm down Clark because he smiled, “Thanks, John. I needed that.”

“No problem, man. Now, if y’all will excuse me.” Turning back around in his seat, John stared out the window and remembered how he got here.

Having lived his life with his single dad in the small community of San Leon, Texas, John was never into studying or anything like that, just barely passing classes and the state mandatory test to get by, but one day his dad introduced him to the world of Duel Monsters and instantly he was hooked.

This is what I want to do. I want to be a world class duelist. John thought to himself, and whenever his hometown high school posted up flyers for a school where dueling was a mandatory part of the curriculum, he jumped at the chance. Looking at the poster, John had found out only the top three best freshman students would be allowed to get a chance to take the exams to get into the Academy. Taking the initiative, John jumped at his studies in order to enter, but he never stopped dueling of course.

Looking out the window, John noticed the bus exiting the freeway and saw the large parking lot of Reliant Park. The Reliant Arena was where they were holding the test and the dueling would be held inside the refurbished Reliant Astrodome. The bus pulled into the Park and went straight to the Arena’s entrance, where hundreds of busses were lining up to drop off kids. Taking his deck out of his deck holster, John took a look at his deck and his favorite monsters. As the bus stopped, he smiled before placing his deck back into the holster.

“Well, we’re here,” said Serena, standing up and dusting off her blue jeans and grabbing her purse.

“Ye-ep,” stuttered Clark as he nervously twirled a number two pencil in his hand.

“This is it,” smiled John as he went to the open bus door and stepped off.

Thanks for the idea WHYE, but isn't the role of a writer to captivate the audience, and wouldn't adding a character list take away from that?

Anyways, I nees help. I am trying to create decks using my Elemental Dinos/Molecule Dagons Set and my Farm Warrior cards.

If anyone can help me, this would speed up the next update.

Thanks y'all!

Archived