Who should fight the Gym Leaders?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who should fight the Gym Leaders?

• Kieran (on his own)
    • Kieran & Steph (separately)
    • Kieran & Miora (separately)
    • Kieran, Steph & Miora (separately)

Pokémon Onyx

Pokémon Onyx will take place in the Serlinn Region. In the Serlinn Region, certain Pokémon will be available from 1 – 386. Not all 386 Pokémon will be available, and they also won’t be in the correct order. The main hero will be me, but the sprite used will be Gary’s from FireRed/LeafGreen. Normally the hero will have a rival, but instead of becoming rivals, the hero and the heroine (Yes, it’s a girl) will become close friends and will have friendly battles on occasion.

Characters:

Kieran:

11c4ohu.png - - Steph: 2z4a9uu.png - - Prof. Lightspear: v6lstg.png - - Daniel: xomoe9.png - - Miora: 29zt1ra.png

Kieran: 11c4ohu.png - - Steph: 2z4a9uu.png - - Prof. Lightspear: v6lstg.png - - Daniel: xomoe9.png - - Miora: pbw9w.png2egd311.png16921vp.png

Kieran woke up to find himself in the back of a truck with a couple of boxes there too. The truck door was open, so he walked out to find he was standing in Fralyth Town. Kieran gazed up at the clear sky only to find the sun shining down on him. He looked around and he could see a river to the West, a laboratory to the South, a path to the North and five houses to the East. The truck was parked right in front of one of the houses; it was his house. He went inside, only to find several men and his mother moving things around.

Kieran’s Mother: Ah Kieran. I was wondering when you would wake up. We’ve finished moving all of your things into your room; it’s upstairs, on the left. Go check if you want. We won’t be finished moving things until later.

Kieran went straight upstairs to check his new room out; it looked exactly the same as his old room. His TV, Nintendo Wii, Bed and everything else were in exactly the same place. The only difference was that there were three windows in this room. He looked out of one of the windows and saw another house next to his. He looked at the window parallel to his and saw a girl sitting in a chair writing in a diary.

Kieran: [Wow… that girl is just… beautiful.]

The girl then looked up to see Kieran looking at her. The girl smiled and waved to him. He got startled a little, and then started to go red. The girl started to giggle. Kieran waved back with a slight smile, and then walked downstairs and out of the door.

He started to walk along the Northern path with only one thing on his mind; that girl he saw. After about twenty seconds of walking, he heard someone calling for help. He quickly ran through some tall grass to see an old man being attacked by a brown and white Pokémon.

???: You there, grab a Poké Ball out of my bag and get this Zigzagoon away from me!

Kieran looked around a saw an open brown bag just to the right of him. Inside, he found three Poké Balls with a picture and information about the Pokémon inside. One of the Poké Balls contained a Chikorita, another contained a Charmander and the third one contained a Mudkip.

Kieran: Hmm, Mudkip. It sounds strong enough.

He then threw the Poké Ball into the air, and out came a small Mudkip.

>Battle< Mudkip V.S. Wild Zigzagoon >Battle<

16921vp.png - - - vfwj8n.png

Kieran: Mudkip, Tackle!

The unsuspecting Zigzagoon got hit hard in the side, forcing it back hard and far onto the floor. It got up, then starts running at Mudkip to try and tackle it.

Kieran: Mudkip, dodge Zigzagoon’s attack and then tackle it one more time!

Mudkip dodged the Zigzagoon’s attack quite easily, and then hit it hard with another tackle; the Zigzagoon fell over, almost out of energy, and then ran away.

After the Zigzagoon ran off, Kieran withdrew the Mudkip and then helped the old man up.

???: Thanks for saving me. You seemed to have handled that Mudkip pretty well, and for saving me, I’ll let you keep it. Oh, my name is Professor Lightspear by the way.

Kieran: Thanks professor. My name is Kieran. But what were-

???: Oh, so Kieran’s your name. You’ve seem to have already made a bond with that Mudkip already. Not to mention maybe with me too.

Kieran turned around to see that the female talking was none other than the girl he saw through his window. He started to go red; the girl then stuck her tongue out and smiled at him.

Kieran: Umm, well I err…

The girl started to giggle at him again as he went shy.

???: Hehe! You’re quite funny; I think we’ll become good friends. My name’s Stephanie by the way, but you can call me Steph for short.

Kieran just stood there shyly, unable to say anything. Prof. Lightspear then interrupted.

Prof. Lightspear: Well then, Kieran. I guess we should all head back to Fralyth before any more wild Pokémon arrive.

The professor then picked his bag up and started to walk back to Fralyth. While walking back, one of the Poké Balls fell out of his bag and landed by Steph’s feet; she picked it up and smiled. The professor and Kieran stopped and turned around to see her still holding the Poké Ball. She looked at him and smiled.

Steph: So how about it Kieran, fancy a quick battle?[/align]

[spoiler=[b]Chapter 2 [/b]]

[align=center]Chapter 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16921vp.pngpbw9w.png

Kieran: Sure! It’ll be great. [i wonder if she’s as great as I think…]

Steph threw her Poké Ball into the air, and then when the Poké Ball came back down, a small Chikorita came out of it.

>Battle< Kieran V.S. Steph >Battle<

11c4ohu.png - - - 2z4a9uu.png

Kieran: Okay, I’ll start this off. Mudkip, tackle Steph’s Chikorita!

Mudkip ran incredibly fast at the Chikorita; it tried to dodge Mudkip’s attack, but Mudkip was too quick. Chikorita got back up to its feet afterwards.

Steph: Nice shot, but I’ll do better. Chikorita, use Razor Leaf!

Chikorita sent out a storm of sharp leaves, all hurtling towards Mudkip.

Kieran: Mudkip, dodge it!

Mudkip tried it’s best to dodge Chikorita’s attack, but there were too many leaves to dodge. With Water-Type Pokémon being weak against Grass-Type attacks, Mudkip had to be especially careful when fighting against Chikorita.

Kieran: [i’ve got to be more careful next time, Mudkip can’t take many more of those attacks…] Mudkip, use Mud-Slap!

With plenty of mud by Mudkip’s feet, it didn’t hesitate to take a shot at the opposing Chikorita. Chikorita got hit extremely hard in the face with the rough mud; it didn’t look like Chikorita could take any more hits now.

Steph: Alright then… Chikorita, use tackle and then Razor Leaf one more time!

Chikorita charged itself right into Mudkip. Mudkip could barely stand after that hit; if it got hit one more time, it’ll be all over.

Kieran: Mudkip, use Mud-Slap!

With Chikorita’s Razor Leaf hurtling towards Mudkip, and Mudkip’s Mud-Slap flying towards Chikorita, both Steph and Kieran waited in anticipation to see who’d come out on top. Sadly for Chikorita, the mud was too strong and just knocked the leaves out of the way and hit Chikorita squarely in the face for a clear win.

Steph: Chikorita!

With the battle over, Steph and Kieran withdrew their respective Pokémon.

Steph: I’m not a sore loser, so congratulations on winning Kieran.

Kieran: Well… thanks.

Again, Kieran went red as Steph started talking to him; but this time complimenting him. Like usual, she giggled at him.

Prof. Lightspear: Well, that was a nice battle. It seems both of those Pokémon have taken a liking to both of you, so Steph, you can keep that Chikorita.

Steph: Really? Thanks professor!

After Steph claimed the Chikorita, the three of them head back to Fralyth Town and entered Professor Lightspear’s laboratory.

Prof. Lightspear: Well, I can tell you two will both become great Pokémon Trainers, so you can both have one of these new Pokédex’s I’ve been working on. You’ll find all of the latest things installed on them; Pokémon Information, Pokédex tracker, etc. You can even use them to make video calls to people you have registered on your Pokédex.

Professor Lightspear then handed them a Pokédex each; one blue, one pink.

Steph: Hehe, Kieran, can we register each other?

Like always, Kieran went red, but it was more because he was happy rather than shy.

Kieran: Sure, why not? I guess we could have more battles and find out what Pokémon each other have caught.

Steph smiled, and then she started to giggle.

Steph: Maybe we can have video calls to I can see your shy face again.

Kieran went incredibly red with shyness after that, but Steph was smiling and the professor was chuckling.

The next day, Kieran and Steph told their parents they were setting off on an adventure, and for a while, they were walking together with each other. They were both making light conversation, but they both knew Kieran was too shy to actually talk. Several minutes after walking, they heard someone calling their names; it was Professor Lightspear. They stopped walking and waited for him to catch up.

Prof. Lightspear: Sorry you two, I forgot to tell you that I need you to visit my friend Daniel in Selroth Town up ahead. I found these two eggs not too long ago, and since he’s an expert on eggs, I gave them to him to study. But one thing I noticed before I gave them to him is that the eggs were exactly identical except for a blue mark on one, and a red mark on the other. If you could check on his progress for me, I’d appreciate it.

Kieran: Sure, no problem. Me and Steph can handle that, right?

Steph: Yep, we can do that for you professor.

Prof. Lightspear: Great, thanks. Just give my laboratory a call when you have some information.

With Kieran and Steph’s new task, they waved Goodbye to Professor Lightspear and set out for Selroth Town.

[/align]

[spoiler=[b]Chapter 3 [/b]]

[align=center]Chapter 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2z73g3k.png2z73g3k.png

A while after Kieran and Steph left Professor Lightspear, they finally arrived upon Selroth Town. In Selroth Town, there was a Pokémon Centre, a few houses, a small lake to the east and a path towards a building to the North.

Kieran: So this is Selroth Town, huh?

Kieran and Steph were just looking around trying to find out where Daniel lives, so they eventually asked a man where he lived and he told them that he lived in the building to the North.

Steph: Well that was too hard to find out, was it?

Kieran just shook his head and started walking along the path.

Steph: You don’t say much, do you Kieran?

Kieran just kept walking, almost as if Steph said nothing.

Kieran: … Well I do, but…

Steph: But what?

Kieran looked in the opposite direction slightly, then turned back to Steph.

Kieran: It’s just that I… umm, never mind.

Kieran thought that was he was trying to say to Steph was a bit obvious, but even so, she looked puzzled.

Steph: … No, please tell me.

Kieran … [ugh, why can’t I say anything… every time I try, I just keep freezing up like this! What’s wrong with me?!]

He knew what was actually wrong with him; he was shy because he had feelings for Steph, but he just didn’t know what to say.

Steph: Umm, okay then, forget it…

Not only was she puzzled, but she was also slightly upset because she thought Kieran might not ever tell her what it is. Nonetheless, they kept walking, and they did walk quite a way before someone said anything again.

Steph: Actually, I think I have an idea what this is all about.

Kieran quickly looked down as he went red, just hoping she didn’t really know what the problem was.

Steph: Yeah… as soon as I looked into your eyes through those windows, I had a feeling it might be this.

Kieran: Umm, might be what?...

Steph: I thought it might be that you had feelings for me. But I didn’t think it was true because no one has ever liked me that quick before…

Kieran kept walking, but as he was walking, he slowly lifted his head and looked at Steph.

Kieran: Well, there’s no point in lying to you, so I guess I’ll just tell you the truth.

Kieran was about to tell Steph everything about how he felt about her, when Daniel rushed out of his home and interrupted them.

Daniel: Hey there! You must be Kieran and Steph, the two trainers that Professor Lightspear sent over!

Both of them got startled a little, but they both nodded and walked over to Daniel.

Kieran: [ugh, I was so close to actually telling her everything…] Yeah, we are, so what’s this about these red and blue eggs?

Daniel: Correction, they’re yellow eggs. One has a blue mark on it, and the other has a red mark. I have all the information I need from them, and they’re just normal Pokémon Eggs. Since I know what Pokémon are inside them anyway, I have no need for them anymore, and I doubt that Professor Lightspear will need them either, so they’re yours!

Kieran and Steph were shocked at Daniel’s generosity, but they thankfully took the eggs. Kieran took the one with the blue mark on it, and Steph took the one with the red mark on it.

Steph: Thanks a lot Daniel! But, what do these marks mean?

Daniel: Well, at first I found it quite difficult to understand, but the marks are just basically symbols to identify the Pokémon’s gender. In other words, the one you have is a female, and the one Kieran has is male.

They both nodded their heads as Daniel explained it to them, but then they felt the eggs shake a bit.

Kieran: H-Hey, what’s wrong with these things?

Daniel: Oh! I think they’re ready to hatch! Quickly, come inside and place them on some pillows.

They all ran into Daniels home. It seemed quite nice as they went in, even though there were a few scientific objects. Daniel quickly grabbed two pillows and put them on a table, then beckoned Kieran and Steph over there.

Daniel: Quickly, put them on these.

They placed the eggs on the pillows, and then all three of them watched the eggs start to crack. After about 5 minutes of waiting, the eggs were cracked enough, and then two yellow and black ears came out of both eggs. A small black tail followed the ears, then two small arms and legs came out. Eventually, the whole egg cracked and standing in the remains of the eggs were two small, yellow and black Pokémon

Steph: Aww, how cute! My very own Pichu!

Kieran: Hehe, I’ve heard that when Pichu’s grow, they can become quite powerful.

Daniel: True. It can become quite powerful, but until grows, it can hurt itself if you’re not careful. Anyway, they’re your Pichu’s now, so you can take them.

They both got a Poké Ball out and the Pichu’s happily got inside.

Daniel: Well, it seems you’re done here, so I guess I should give Professor Lightspear a call and tell him you’ve got the Pokémon.

He walked over to his telephone, and then started to dial.

Steph: Well Kieran, where should we go now then?

Kieran: Umm… I guess we should head off to the first Gym…

Steph: Good idea, the Gym in Walarn City should be our main priority now.

Kieran nodded just as Daniel walked back over.

Daniel: Okay, the Professor knows and he doesn’t mind about you keeping those Pichu’s as well. I guess that’s it for you around here, so I guess I’ll see you another time.

They started to walk out of the door, saying their Good-byes and waving to Daniel as they continued down the path back to Selroth Town. About half way back, Steph started the conversation that got interrupted earlier.

Steph: Kieran, what was it that you were going to tell me again?

Kieran: [uh-oh, she remembered… Umm… what should I say?] You know, I don’t actually remember… maybe it’ll come back to me later…

Steph: Okay then…

They continued walking down the path back to Selroth Town, not saying a word to each other.[/align]

[spoiler=[b]Chapter 4

[align=center]Chapter 4

2egd311.png

When they got back to Selroth Town, they saw a girl walking about as if she was lost. They then walked up to her.

Steph: Umm, are you OK?

???: No. I came here to try and find Kieran and Steph; you haven’t seen them, have you?

Steph and Kieran looked at each other and started laughing.

???: What’s funny?

Kieran: Well, that’s Steph and I’m Kieran. What’s your name?

???: … Oh… Hehe, I guess I’ve found you then. My name’s Miora by the way.

Steph: Nice to meet you Miora.

Kieran nodded in agreement with Steph.

Kieran: So… why were you looking for us?

Miora: Well, I recently moved to Fralyth Town, and then I saw Professor Lightspear come back into Fralyth. He greeted me and then told me about you two. Afterwards, we went to his lab and he gave me this high-tech Pokédex along with this really cool Charmander!

Steph: Oh wow! That’s so nice of him! Oh, would it be too much trouble if I could see it?

Miora: Sure.

Miora moved back a bit, then threw a Poké Ball into the air and out came a small Charmander. Steph and her then walked over to the Charmander and started talking.

Kieran: [Wow… Miora is just… I mean she’s really… my god…]

Kieran was just immobilized by her. Miora then started to walk over to him without him even realizing.

Miora: You know, it’s not nice to stare Kieran.

Miora started to smile, and then winked at Kieran. He went red and started to mumble.

Kieran: Oh… umm… I was… I was just err… [… Uh-oh… what do I do?]

Kieran slowly turned his head around and looked in the opposite direction.

Miora: Don’t worry; I know what you’re thinking.

Miora started to smile and laugh a bit, and then she tapped him on the shoulder.

Kieran: UHHH… sorry…

Miora moved over so he was looking at her.

Miora: You don’t need to be sorry.

They both started to smile as Steph and Miora’s Charmander walked over.

Steph: Sorry about what?

Kieran and Miora both turned around.

Miora: Oh, he just told a bad joke, that’s all.

Steph: Oh, okay then. Anyway, it’s getting late, I better head home. I’ll see you two in the morning.

Kieran: OK, we’ll catch up.

Steph waved Goodbye to Miora and Kieran as she walked off down to Fralyth Town. Miora withdrew her Charmander, then she and Kieran started walking back to Fralyth.

Miora: Kieran, I can tell you like her more than a friend…

Kieran went red, then just stared blankly at her.

Kieran: Um… how do you know that?

She started to smile.

Miora: It’s a bit obvious. For one, it’s the way you act around her, and Professor Lightspear also told me how you acted around her when he was with you.

Kieran: Well, OK, it’s true. She’s the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.

Miora: Yes. But I can tell from how you looked at me, you have feelings for me now too and you don’t know what to do.

Kieran had a guilty look about him and he didn’t say anything.

Miora: Don’t worry about it. I’m guessing from how she was acting she doesn’t know yet?

Kieran: Yeah… she doesn’t know.

Miora: OK. Your secret’s safe with me.

Miora winked, and then she and Kieran continued to walk back to Fralyth.

Miora: Oh, I also won’t tell her you like me either.

Kieran: OK then… [umm… should I really like them both?]

They then arrived in Fralyth, and by then it was quite dark. Miora showed Kieran where her house was, and it was right next to his like Steph’s was, but on the other side.

Miora: Well, see you tomorrow Kieran.

Kieran: Bye.

Kieran waved, and then Miora waved back and blew a kiss to him. He smiled ever so slightly, went red and looked to the side a tad. She started to giggle a bit, then waved a final time and entered her house. Kieran then entered his house too.[/align]

' pid='1354248' dateline='1226677673']

Pretty good' date=' but is there going to be an evil organization. Team Rocket, for short? Any legends? Random occurances. I rate this a 8/10, since it was a great introduction. Although, Mudkip? Torchic would have been better. But it is not your fault. ;)

[/quote']

Hehe. I know, but I love the fact that when Mudkip evolves into Marshtomp, it's unnaffected by Electric-Type moves. :) But thanks anyway.

P.S. I'm not going to give out much information yet because we're not even at the second town, but there will be A LOT of random occurances, etc, and possibly heart-break. :P

Well' date=' heart-break is almost always guaranteed when the main character likes a girl within the first few minutes in arriving at a new place.

I like it. Can't wait for more. I probably would have picked Mudkip also.

8/10

[/quote']

:) Thanks. The second chapter should be up by tomorrow...

-------------------

Oh, just a heads up everyone - I'll be editing the first chapter too and making the whole thing look a bit nicer.

Awesome. This is one of the few good fan-fics. Most of the Poke'mon ones are bad. Anyways' date=' I'll be looking forward to the next chapter. By the way, would the eggs happen to be Eevees? Most eggs in these turn out to be.

[/quote']

Hehe. I don't want to ruin it by saying anything, but I'll only say that they find out the eggs are both yellow. :P

This fan-fic is awesome. Really awesome. keep up the good work. ^_^

Thanks. ^___^

By the way' date=' would the eggs happen to be Eevees? Most eggs in these turn out to be.

[/quote']

Hehe. I don't want to ruin it by saying anything, but I'll only say that they find out the eggs are both yellow. :P

Okay. Now I'm almost positive what the eggs will be. I'll stop guessing though.

By the way' date=' would the eggs happen to be Eevees? Most eggs in these turn out to be.

[/quote']

Okay. Now I'm almost positive what the eggs will be. I'll stop guessing though.

Heh, yeah, it's a tad obvious now. Lol.

Archived