lock this please!!!!!!

Lemniscate

Chapter 3

He was going to see a fight. He was going to watch a duel.

It was the first duel he would see a friend in, the first of many. He kept looking and worrying about what might happen, would his newfound friend die? This was all happening so fast.

Just yesterday he had been as carefree as the wind on his back, but now he was stifled, stifled and stuck. There was no wind here, there was no freedom.

When the James and Cay approached the Duel spot, they found that the arena was already set up, it was like a massive underground stadium. People lined the seats cheering for whoever they bet on. The noise was defeaning. The feeling was horrible.

For all of the exitement in the voices of those in the stands, James still felt an overwhelming sadness, a feeling of longing, a feeling of entrapment.

At least he wasn't the only one.

"Will the two competitors please step towards the floor." shouted a voice from the center of the arena.

As James looked down, he saw a short, plump man standing in the center of the stage holding a Ampli-Node to his mouth.

"Well, that means me." said Cay, as he stepped down onto the floor around the stage.

James was worried, but for now he found a seat where he could best see the action. He wanted to get a good view.

"Today we have two very fine competitors." bounded the plump announcer.

"Todays battle is between Cay Clark of Gray, and Blanche Winthrop of White."

The screams from the audience got even louder at this point, every one shouted with their largest voice, all the sounds melding into one monstruous force.

"Who will win? Who will lose? What will happen?" taunted the announcer.

The screams got louder and louder.

"Will Cay walk away the victor?"

Louder and louder.

"Or will Blanche steal the show?"

Louder and louder.

"Today we find out, now begin!!!"

And the duel was on.

Cay started the game.

"I draw." said Cay as he pulled his hand out of his Duel Disk.

He smiled as he looked at his cards, things were going well already.

"I set one monster face down on the field, and set two cards in my Spell and Trap Zone. I end my turn"

Blanche smiled indifferently.

She was a tall woman, her striking white hair trailing down to the small of her back, her skirt just barely scraping the floor.

"I summon Boutiful Artemis (1600/1700) in Attack mode. Now I play one face down. Time to battle. Artemis, attack his face-down!"

Artemis lunged forward and struck the floating face-down card.

"Ha!!" laughed Cay, "My face-down card was Magician's Valkyria (1600/1800)!! Because of its 1800 defense, you lose 100 Life Points."

"Darn." said Blanche as her Life Points went down.

"Now I have 3900 Life Points." she said

"Oh well, I end my turn."

"Yes, now I draw." said Cay.

"I sacrifice Magicians Valkyria to summon Dark Magician Girl in Attack mode. Now I play Mage Power to increase my Magician Girl's Attack points by 1500, taking her to 3500 ATK!!! Now, Dark Magician Girl, attack Bountiful Artemis!!!"

Now the spellcaster leapt forward and swept her magic staff through Bountiful Artemis, as Artemis exploded into little pixelated pieces and debris.

"That brings your Life Points down to 2000, Blanche!!!" taunted Cay.

"I end my turn." he said.

Blanche looked visibly worried now, she needed something to save her quick. It looked like she had drawn just the thing.

"I play Double Summon, with this card I can perform two normal summons in one turn. First I summon another Bountiful Artemis, then I sacrifice both Bountiful Artemises to summon Majestic Mech- Goryu (2900/1800)."

"What!! It still can't beat me, my Magician Girl's ATK is 3500."

"Watch and learn." replied Blanche."I play Mystical Space Typhoon to send your Mage Power to the Graveyard. Now, Goryu, attack!!!"

This was a serious blow to Cay, with his Magician Girl gone, he had lost one of his heavy hitters, and now his Life Points stood at 3100.

"Well, that was fun. Now I end my turn." said Blanche happily.

"I draw." said Cay a bit of a stumble in his voice.

"I play Polymerization and send Dark Magician and Flame Manipulater from my Hand to the Graveyard to summon Dark Flame Magician in defense mode. Next I play de-fusion to return Dark Flame Magician to my Extra Deck, to special summon Dark Magician and Flame Manipulater to the Field. Now I play Knight's Title, and send Dark Magician to the Graveyard to summon Dark Magician Knight. Fianlly I sacrifice Dark Magician Knight and Flame Manipulater to Special Summon Dark Shade Knight (3500/2500). Now, Dark Shade Knight, attack Majestic Mech Goryu!!"

He had done it, he had pulled it off, he had gotten out one of his absolute best cards and this was it, he was going to win now for sure.

"Not so fast, I play Negate Attack." responded Blanche.

"Okay then, I set one monster in face down defense position and end my turn."

Blanche new she was in trouble, she had only bought herself some time, she would have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to win this one.

"I draw." She pulled a card out of her Duel Disk.

"I play Special Hurricane, I discard one card from my Hand to destroy all Special Summoned monsters on the Field.:

"Oh no you don't, said Cay, " I play Magic Drain and destroy your Spell Card."

"I end my turn." said Blanche with defeat.

"Fianlly." muttered Cay, "Dark Shade Knight, attack Majectic Mech- Goryu!!!"

She was down to 1400 Life Points, he had his best card on the Field. It was over.

"I end my turn." Shouted Cay with triumph.

She drew, but she had nothing. James could see a little tear rolling down the side of her face, she was going to die.

"I end my turn." she muttered.

"Yes!!! Dark Shade Knight, attack Blanche directly!!!"

And with that it was done. People were shouting with joy, people were running around carrying wads on cash in their hands. And through it all, Blanche layed on the floor and cried as she was picked up and carried away.

James met up with Cay just as Cay was exiting the stage.

"Great job man, you won!!!"

"Yeah, it was pretty easy. I hate to see Blanche go though, that's the rough part of these things, oh well, better her than me."

And with that the two of them exited the arena.

i know it has some pacing and formating issues. i will try to fix those in upcoming chapters.

Well I liked that ..just remember that James even for being carefree with his life,just remember he doens't do the hugging thing.

If you could find someway the first time James duels to bring out both of his fusion monsters that would be cool. I would like that.

Glad to see these are going well Chapters 1-3 are good thanks for posting these,

Archived